Rochas Ss05

the last black suit reminds me ALOT of a marc jacobs f/w 2004 suit with the lace trim etc.

oh i loved this collection so much.....the cut of the suits, the details, the fabrics, everything was perfection and really this has to be the best collection olivier has done for rochas to date... most commercial i think as well... gorgeous wearable clothing and the "fishtail" bustier gowns at the end were exquisite! i love the way they all moved

:crush:

Originally posted by Scott@Oct 12 2004, 11:23 PM
All I can say is,that I much prefer the Theyskens/Rochas "lady" to the Prada lady.
[snapback]395420[/snapback]​
agreed :flower:

Wow, ok, after watching the video I've kind of changed my view on this collection. While I still feel that it draws too much from the last few Rochas collections, this one came off as a bit lighter than past collections. The gows moved beutifully and the pencil skirts were a great alternative to his usually very constructed full shapes. All in all, I really liked this collection, it seemed a bit more modern then the last few.

I wish it was a little more forward pushing... BUT a great collection nevertheless.

i agree with spike, it was much lighter than usual, hence me liking this much more than his older Rochas collections which were heavy as bricks

Originally posted by Mutterlein@Oct 15 2004, 04:29 PM
I wish it was a little more forward pushing... BUT a great collection nevertheless.
[snapback]397980[/snapback]​

If you want to see forward pushing you should definitely refer back (ironically) to Theyskens's own collections. Now those creations were things of stunning beauty. Rochas is an old house, I doubt they'll allow Olivier to do anything exciting.

Originally posted by Sugo@Oct 15 2004, 05:02 PM
Does Theysken still have his own line?
[snapback]398021[/snapback]​

Unfortunately not. You can see some pictures on firstfiew.com. Here is one runner posted in another thread, just to give you an idea (he was around 18 years old when he did this, I think).

00063.L.JPG

Originally posted by faust@Oct 15 2004, 10:14 PM
Unfortunately not. You can see some pictures on firstfiew.com. Here is one runner posted in another thread, just to give you an idea (he was around 18 years old when he did this, I think).

00063.L.JPG

[snapback]398271[/snapback]​
Do you have the link to the collections page?

:heart: I really really like it, everything looks so light and lovely :flower:

I found this collection boring, design-wise.

The magic in his debut Rochas collection seems to be fading season after season. Though, I did quite like last season and believed it was sustained for a while. The problem is the stiffness and tightness, which I think lacks taste. The bustier dress are very redundant, indeed.

However, I loved the easyness of the "pouf-ended" suits. Cool and calming colors too. They look as easy to wear as a tee. I also liked the gowns because of their high-impactness, but they will be tired one day if he doesn't update them.

I agree with you about the colors ignitioned, they were very lovely.

I've been so overflooded with Rochas lately, that I went off this week on my textile teacher, because I was at the swatch room, and they had the most gorgeous pleated fabrics, I wanted to steal every roll and do my own Greek inspired outfit :rofl:

Originally posted by Spike413@Oct 15 2004, 11:16 PM
Do you have the link to the collections page?
[snapback]398321[/snapback]​

This image is from firstview.com from Spring 99. Spike, I'm not sure if you know this, but if you are using a PC, you can right click with your mouse on pretty much any image and choose "properties". That will tell you what website the image was linked from.
If you do it with this photo, this is what you'll get:
http://www.firstview.com/WRTWspring99/OLIV...KEN/00063.L.JPG

I like it, but not as much as I liked last season. However, I general, I really do like most of what Theyskens does at Rochas, as he creates an elegant, side-trip-of-classic line that I love. I love a more classic look, but with a twist, and he does that with slightly unusual cuts and yet still adhering to more classic pieces - strapless dresses, etc.

Divine - I'd kill to own any of these. :smile:

The collection is lovely, especially the dresses. Some of it is a tad frumpy for my tastes, but it's beautiful all the same.

This line is beautiful. I love how they used colored silk threads for the models' eye makeup. The full volumn dresses are light this time... and do not seem to over do it. Beautiful collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->