Roland Mouret and Simon Fuller Create Fashion Force, 19RM

i hope it'll be good. Roland Mouret is too god a designer to waste.

i have a feeling it will be better than good! he really is good at what he does and i cant wait to see!

There is a dress in the the Feb issue of US Vogue.

Higher price points and placement among other high end designers during couture week may generate the press and establish in people's minds that it's high quality. This is what he needs to keep going...I highly anticipate this

More from today's WWD

The designer will give U.S. customers a taste of his new designs next week: He has created a dress that will be sold exclusively at Bergdorf Goodman beginning Monday. The dress also will be featured in one of the store's windows.

Mouret has made only 36 of the lightweight wool dress, in navy blue or bright pink, and has signed all the labels. That personal touch is a significant one: Mouret no longer owns the rights to his name, which are held by his former business partners.

The new collection will be based around the designer's signature draping techniques and will be made up entirely of tailored pieces. There will be dresses, jackets, skirts, coats, tops and trousers.

The line will be sold to retailers in London, Paris and New York starting in June, and will be shown off-schedule during the Paris couture shows. The collection will be delivered to stores in November.

"The idea of this satellite collection is for me to be able to express the most concentrated vision of my ideas of dressing women, and to deliver that vision to them in the shortest time possible," Mouret said on Tuesday.

"This collection of no more than 21 looks will focus on signature silhouettes and key pieces that I believe women demand. I want to celebrate women with this collection — they are my greatest source of inspiration," he added.

A spokesman added Mouret chose Paris because "it's a great calendar to show alongside." The collection will be priced in line with Lanvin, Balenciaga and Chanel.

The spokesman added the collection was not "season specific," and was meant to last in women's wardrobes from November through spring.

Mouret formed 19RM with Fuller after his former partnership — with Sharai and Andre Meyers — ended. Mouret quit Roland Mouret Design Ltd. in spring 2006, but the Meyers still own the Roland Mouret name.

In the fall, Mouret and Fuller, each of whom hold a 50 percent stake in 19RM, said 19RM would embark on a wide variety of fashion-related projects. "The world is our oyster. We have no limits, and we'll be looking at fashion from a new angle," said Mouret.

In November, Mouret collaborated with Gap Inc. on a capsule collection of dresses that were sold primarily in Europe, with a limited number sold in Gap's New York stores.

net-a-porter bought the entire collection...from nytimes...

28row190.1.jpg

jaquetta wheeler in a RM dress

SOME women, like Natalie Massenet, can’t wait to get a piece of RM.

Sure, there are better-known labels sold on Ms. Massenet’s Web site, Net-a-porter.com, which is to eBay what Bergdorf Goodman is to Kmart in the realm of online retailers. Her seven-year-old site is a leading seller of Chloé handbags and Christian Louboutin heels, and features fashion from Burberry, Marc Jacobs and Miu Miu.

But the designer that customers most fervently request, Ms. Massenet said, is one she can’t exactly (or legally) name, save for his monogram: RM.

In 2005, Roland Mouret gave up the rights to his name after quarreling with his financial backers. His business was only five years old, but sales of Mr. Mouret’s signature femme fatale dresses were “relatively exceptional for a ready-to-wear designer,” Ms. Massenet said, and the “galaxy” dress worn by Scarlett Johansson at the Oscars, was “the single most sought-after piece of clothing in the history of Net-a-porter.”

So she is not concerned that Mr. Mouret’s return as RM, now backed by Simon Fuller, the English entertainment mogul, will be confused as a new celebrity collection from Ronald McDonald or Rupert Murdoch. She bought the entire 21-look collection that he plans to present during the couture shows in Paris next week, his first in two years, and will make it available for ordering beginning July 5.

Ms. Massenet has been working with the designer to create a video of the show so that customers can buy a $700 top, a $3,000 coat or a pair of $925 shoes made by Mr. Louboutin by clicking on them as they come down the runway. “We find it a poetic nod that he’s showing during couture, but in a 21st-century way,” she said. “Women will be able to attend his show virtually, and then order directly.”

It would be possible for an RM devotee, with a budget of about $70,000 and, if Mr. Mouret’s previous work is any indication, the measurements of Jessica Rabbit, to buy every item from the show. Still, Ms. Massenet hasn’t quite resolved the gap between instant satisfaction and the physics of production. The goods won’t ship until November.

Its so random that Simon Fuller will be managing him,i mean the guy said he never heard of Roland until Victoria told him about it,so how will it work?Hopefully Roland gets all the freedom he needs,after all Fuller is not dumb and wants to make this work,but i do think all these people venturing in fashion business(Harvey Weinstien i am looking at you)are just in it for the money.

It will be interesting to see what he shows.

its a gr8 day for Simon, he got the spice girls toghether.....hmmmmm he might get Victoria into the world of designers if he really gets to become a fashion force.....and she sticks with anything more than 5mins

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quinnyboy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->