Rooney Mara

In Beverly Hills on January 11, 2018.

WmqSNal.jpg

In West Hollywood on January 2, 2018.

fenw4kx.jpg

In Los Angeles on December 17, 2017.

SKG1SX1.jpg

hawtcelebs.com​

Rooney Mara and Joaquin Phoenix coupled up for a day of hiking!

The 32-year-old A Ghost Story actress and the 43-year-old Inherent Vice actor hit the trails on Friday (February 2) in Los Angeles.

XuLVeNi.jpg

justjared.com​

Rooney Mara Makes Her First Foray Into Fashion With a Vegan Line of Clothing and Accessories

Rooney Mara isn’t your average celebrity turned designer. Her new label, Hiraeth, created with her best friend, Sara Schloat, is quiet, elegant, and comes with a sincere message. Since going vegan seven years ago, Mara had trouble finding non-leather jackets and shoes that aligned with her values. “I realized there aren’t many [faux leather] options available for someone like me who is interested in design and wants high-quality pieces,” she explains. Mara was thorough in her search, too, and disqualified products from major chains with questionable ethics. “In fast fashion, you can find faux leather boots that are really cheap, but while it’s cruelty-free in the animal sense, I didn’t necessarily know where those things were made, or if they were cruel toward humans,” she says. “I didn’t want to compromise on either thing, and I wanted pieces that were made to last. So it really came out of my own need.”

She first started with shoes—specifically combat boots. “Finding a pair of really nice vegan combat boots is sort of impossible—the kind you can dress up, but also run around town in. That was my first order of business.” The project “snowballed” from there into a tightly edited ready-to-wear and footwear operation that eliminates not only leather, but also wool, silk, and cashmere—essentially any material that involves an animal. That makes Hiraeth stand out from the other cruelty-free brands out there. Along with supple-looking “leatherette” trousers and a matching harness, there’s a raspberry corduroy suit, a few Japanese poly “satin” blouses, some velvet items, and an ivory slip dress—timeless pieces with just a touch of romance. She intends for them to live in your closet for a long time, too. “Something I really struggled with was this question of, Do people really need more crap?” she says, only half-joking. “There’s so much waste, so it was important for us to make pieces you can wear forever, or at least, long enough for it to mean something.”

Even if you’re not vegan, her message of conscious shopping should resonate. It goes back to the label’s name, Hiraeth. “It’s an old Welsh word that translates to a homesickness, or a longing for a home you can’t return to, or a home that never was,” Mara explains. “It’s this nostalgia for lost places and people. When I came across that word, the meaning really resonated with me. In our world today, there’s such an extreme disconnection from everything we do—from the earth we live on, from each other, from the food we eat, from the clothes we wear,” she continues. “We’ve grown so disconnected from everything, and I think it creates that feeling of wanting to return to someplace that maybe we’ve never even been before, but deep down, we know we’re missing something. With clothing, [no one knows] who made their clothes, or where were they made, or what they’re made out of. People are not at all aware of those things.”

In contrast, Hiraeth is produced entirely in Los Angeles, and Mara had the chance to meet every person who will be making her clothes. “That was really important to me—to know where everything comes from, and that it’s all coming from a place of integrity,” she says. You can see a few behind-the-scenes snaps of the Los Angeles factory on Hiraeth’s Instagram, too, plus a first look at those combat boots. See more of the collection in the slideshow, above, and follow Hiraeth to find out when (and where) you can buy it; prices will range between $160 and $1,500.
vogue.com

https://www.vogue.com/article/rooney-mara-hiraeth-vegan-faux-leather-collection

Joaquin Phoenix wraps his arm around girlfriend Rooney Mara as they make their way through parking lot outside the mall on Saturday afternoon (February 17) in Sherman Oaks, Calif.

blDofEJ.jpg

justjared.com​

JFK Airport on February 23, 2018.

IIs1ydU.jpg

dgfAjFg.jpg

hawtcelebs.com​

Rooney Mara attends the 'Mary Magdalene' special screening held at The National Gallery on February 26, 2018 in London, England.

N85MkjZ.jpg

KOrsnun.jpg

hawtcelebs.com​

In LA on March 29, 2018.

fgaVMWu.jpg

In LA on March 27, 2018.

jRkHGuB.jpg

Rooney Mara and Joaquin Phoenix wait for their car from the valet after lunch at Crossroads Kitchen on Friday afternoon (March 23) in Los Angeles.

0KTIzKP.jpg

At LAX Airport on March 5, 2018.

RmMGIxE.jpg

In LA on March 1, 2018.

V71OU4P.jpg

At Heathrow Airport on February 28, 2018.

NgWsIj3.jpg

justjared.com, hawtcelebs.com​

Rooney Mara attends 'You Were Never Really Here' New York Premiere at Metrograph on April 3, 2018 in New York City.

Zh1ctTL.jpg

bnYmM8Y.jpg

8xQKkCs.jpg

hawtcelebs.com​

Out in Hollywood on April 7, 2018.

19UFgEe.jpg

pYLBw6H.jpg

Leaves her hotel in New York on April 8, 2018.

ageru26.jpg

hawtcelebs.com​

Her style reminds me of Kristen Stewart's style (it's not a compliment...)

Can anyone ID her t-shirt?

hawtcelebs

Attachments

• 18-4-23 rooney mara hiking in los angeles.jpg
    18-4-23 rooney mara hiking in los angeles.jpg
    398.1 KB · Views: 13
Rooney Mara is seen in Los Angeles, California.
9AKwTnH.jpg

HSXs7lW.jpg

tniHqEf.jpg

zimbio​

Here's a better picture of her t-shirt in #549 which has a huge face on it. I'm guessing some band t-shirt. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 18-4-23 rooney-mara-out-hiking-in-los-angeles-9.jpg
    18-4-23 rooney-mara-out-hiking-in-los-angeles-9.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 16
Her sunglassses?

the l chat

Attachments

• 18-04-28 italy sunglasses crop.jpg
    18-04-28 italy sunglasses crop.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 11
Out in New York - May 2, 2018.

Arriving at LAX in Los Angeles - May 2, 2018.

starity.hu​

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiekar
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->