Rooney Mara

tumblr_lf8gseZqJz1qa9plqo1_500.gif

tumblr: renrevenge

Are they still filming The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo? It's amazing how bleached eyebrows can really make you look different.
Yes, they are still filming. Now they are in L.A. doing interior shots on sound stages. Then they are going back to Sweden to finish filming in April or May.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rooney Mara Learns The ‘Truth About Fishes’

From just two short scenes in The Social Network (albeit very GOOD short scenes) Rooney Mara is sure reaping the benefits of the films success. She’s landed the lead in David Fincher’s remake of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and now comes news regarding her next starring role. She’ll take on Emanuel and the Truth about Fishes from writer-director Francesca Gregorini. In it, she’ll play a troubled young woman who becomes obsessed with her neighbor who happens to look like her dead mother. An intriguing premise for sure, not to mention the fact that Mara seems to do that whole “crazy” thing well. Not the Tina Fey “crazy” but the actual “crazy.”
hollywood

Rooney Mara gets an early morning workout in Los Angeles on February 2, 2011.

isopix

Rooney Mara, the new star of the The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo who beat won the coveted role of Lisbeth Salander, practices some boxing at Golds Gym in Venice - February 1, 2011

isopix

Last edited by a moderator:
2010-10-19. STOCKHOLM,SWEDEN. Rooney Mara have time to do some shopping between the making of the movie The girl with the dragon tattoo

isopix

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Filming - March 28, 2011
rooneymara.net

Her character in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is arguably one of the most recognisable protagonists in recent years, with her dark hair and piercings setting her aside from the crowd.

But in order to star as Lisbeth Salander in the new film remake of Stieg Larsson's novel, actress Rooney Mara has had to undergo a severe makeunder - one she is stuck with even when she's not shooting scenes for the movie.

The 25-year-old actress looked less than impressed with her new look as she took her dog out and picked up some groceries on location in Sweden.

For the role, Mara had her hair dyed and cut, her eyebrows bleached, her lip, brow, nose and nipple pierced, along with her ears pierced several times.

Talking to W magazine recently, Mara said: 'I didn’t even have pierced ears. They put four holes in each ear, and, weirdly, that hurt the most.

'It was all very organised. With [director] David [Fincher] everything is measured and carefully considered. He wants what he sees in his head.'

Mara, who recently appeared in cult movie The Social Network, triumphed over a host of stars who were all desperate to play the feisty female lead in the film following the success of the Swedish film adaptations of the trilogy.

In the Swedish films, it was little-known star Noomi Rapace who took on the role of Salander, but The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets' Nest producer Søren Stærmose said he is looking forward to seeing Mara's take on the character.

He told film website Den of Geek: 'Noomi was excellent, but she was much stronger. She was much more of a finished person and knew ways to fight back. Rooney Mara is much more vulnerable, and this is very, very exciting to watch.'

Stærmose added he is looking forward to seeing the chemistry between Mara and her co-star Daniel Craig, who will be playing journalist Mikael Blomkvist in the film.

He said: 'Daniel Craig and Rooney are a very interesting couple. He’s a great actor and when they are together and David Fincher’s directing, it’s incredible.

'That is something that Stieg’s family are happy for, a different artist doing a different adaptation of the same book.'

It is expected Mara and Craig will continue in their roles for the other two movies - The Girl Who Played With Fire and The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets' Next.

dailymail

001drbab
001dqzwt

001dpa8q
001dkr85

ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com

Here are some filming photos of Rooney Mara are back in Stockholm continuing the shooting of "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" movie in Stockholm on April 26, 2011 & April 28, 2011.

Daniel Craig and co-star Rooney Mara get back to work on their new film, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, on Friday (May 6), in Stockholm, Sweden
justjared

Lolasvelt, as usual you rock!! Thanks for the trialer. I love Fincher, so looking forward to it, although the original rocked.

most of scenes look identical, and i mean identical to the original. O_o
she looks fierce in the triler tho. :smile:

most of scenes look identical, and i mean identical to the original. O_o
she looks fierce in the triler tho. :smile:

Love the song in the trailer but I agree. It really does look a lot like the original.

'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' Poster

article-1393554-0C5FC77B00000578-966_468x716.jpg

glamour.ru

I cannot wait for the soundtrack, Trent Reznor is such a genius, the Karen O cover of Led Zeppelin's Immigration (remixed by TTrent) song in the trailer is AMAZING!

^But I hate the international poster it misrepresents in my view what Lisbeth stood for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiekar
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->