Runway Makeup S/S 10

At Jason Wu, The Statement Lip Continues To Dominate

m9p1qf.jpg

At Jason Wu, The Statement Lip Continues To Dominate
September 12, 2009

Alright. We may only be three days into the spring shows, but we’re going to go ahead and call it: the Statement Lip is here to stay, with the season’s predictable nudes and sheer pastel glosses being replaced by the deep, opulent pouts popular for Fall. Lucia Pieroni’s handiwork backstage at Jason Wu yesterday sealed the deal. In an attempt to recreate a “Tim Burton girl with big, simple sparkling eyes and amazing lips,” Pieroni came up with three different lip shades, each more decadent then the last. Some girls got a shade of wine, which Pieroni painted on using MAC PRO Lipmix in Burgundy, others got a blood red courtesy of MAC Lip Pencil in Brick and Lipstick in Classic Dame, and a lucky few walked the runway sporting a dark plum shade crafted using MAC Lip Pencil in Currant and Lipstick in Media. Pieroni kept the eyes light and more traditionally Spring-like to showcase the lip, patting MAC’s new Crushed Metal Pigment on top of a “soft wash” of taupe-y brown shadows. The combination provided a young sophistication that worked well with Odile Gilbert’s Minnie Mouse inspired chignons. “If you go too much into perfection, you can look a bit old,” Gilbert said as she took sections of hair and spontaneously looped them over a piece of black tulle for what resembled a beautiful, haphazard bow concoction. “Today, it’s about looking cute, funny, and attractive.” Let it be known.
Photo: Marcio Madeira
Source: style.com/beauty/beautycounter

I thought the makeup for Jason Wu complemented the clothes really well

I love that Derek Lam makeup, I'm really into that whole pastel overexaggerated eye. The Rag & Bone nails though-I love them, but I have Funky Limelight and I can honestly say it's the most difficult nail polish ever-and I've used glitter polishes which are tough.

I think I confidently can put yellow eye makeup as another big trend continuing into the spring.

Why so very orange? It's not even like it's slightly orange.
Here is the explanation:

Erin Wasson ordered up a gritty-pretty backstage beauty look: “girls who have been out in the desert, have gotten all dusty, and have had too much sun,” explained makeup artist Charlotte Willer, who was charged with creating a fake-baking effect equipped with downtown sentimentality. To simulate a tan, Willer brushed Maybelline New York Dream Liquid Mousse all over models’ skin and topped that off with some mineral powder for sheen.

:ninja:

Tuleh

r8t8k6.jpg

2055zbb.jpg

MAKEUP: All makeup by M.A.C. "I thought about how a teenager would do her version of 'adult' makeup," explained Osmond. That translated to lots of pink! Eye Shadow in Rosy Outlook and Perky, anchored with Fluidline in Dip Down (a chocolate brown) along the lashes. "The skin in very matte; I used Invisible Set Powder in the T-Zone." Lips got bubblegum pink in the form of a new color coming out this spring (it's not even named yet!) and the M.A.C. Pro Pink Lip Line.

NAILS: NYC natural spa Priti has a new color coming out this spring: Crocus; a sheer, pearlescent gold/yellow that debuted at this show.
Source: style.com, daylife.com, and stylelist.com

Carolina Herrera

xf5ngz.jpg
34ox9qq.jpg

14y501u.jpg
a3cinn.jpg

MAKEUP ARTIST: Diane Kendal for MAC
MAKEUP: All makeup by MAC. Dust Retrospect over lid for a creamy base, and accent with Down Brown in the crease and outer corners. Finish with Fluidline Eye Liner in Blacktrack and a couple coats of black mascara. Twig lipstick gives the lips a natural, feminine glow.

Source: style.com and stylelist.com

Donna Karan

24fws4o.jpg
2w5k429.jpg

MAKEUP ARTIST: Pat McGrath for CoverGirl
MAKEUP: All makeup by CoverGirl. To recreate McGrath's goddess-like glow, apply Clean Makeup Foundation over entire face. Lightly blot Simply Ageless Corrector (which contains Olay so it doesn't crack) around eye area to conceal any blemishes or dark spots. Give cheeks "a bit of pink" with Simply Ageless Sculpting Blush in Plush Peach and Rich Cinnamon, blending up towards the temples. Brush Shadow Blast Pencil in Silver Sky over the lids, before dramatically lining with white pencil. And to finish, use a little foundation to tone down lips.
Source: style.com and stylelist.com

DKNY

2chanpt.jpg
2vuy16a.jpg

Backstage:
4tkayp.jpg

Colored Mascara, A Discussion
September 14, 2009

We’ve always been slightly on the fence about colored mascaras. In theory, they strike us as an interesting way to do something a little different with your typical beauty routine; in practice, they come across more juvenile than chic. They are here to stay, though, at least for the short term, making appearances in a slew of recent color collections, from YSL to Estée Lauder, and at yesterday’s DKNY show. “Donna [Karan] wanted something youthful and fresh with a fun accent,” makeup artist Charlotte Willer explained, which ultimately led her to eye embellishments. Willer mixed Maybelline’s Eye Shadow Single in Turquoise with Vaseline and applied it to models’ lashes. A good catwalk effect, for sure, but we’re still not convinced it’s a look we could pull off in real life. Willer does have a tip for girls like us though: “Try putting it on just the outer corners of your lash line,” she recommends, for a surprise flash of color. What do you think: something for the kids or a cool add-on for makeup enthusiasts of all ages?
Source: nymag.com and style.com/beauty/beautycounter

Marc Jacobs

Backstage:
10efn1f.jpg
j0z5eb.jpg

302yoht.jpg
33xu5oy.jpg

zlxhrp.jpg
2rm6qza.jpg

NYMag.com's Backstage Beauty at Marc Jacobs Video:
http://videos.nymag.com/video/Sprin...=Spring 2010: Backstage Beauty at Marc Jacobs

MAKEUP ARTIST: Francois Nars, creator of Nars cosmetics
MAKEUP: All makeup by Nars. Nars paled-out the skin with Sheer Matte Foundation in Siberia, and gave the lips a wine stain with Lipstick in Pop Life. Eyes were done up with Eye Shadow Duo in Pandora, Eye Shadow in Black Moon, Liquid Eye Liner in Stylo, plus two pairs on faux lashes per model.
Source: WWD.com and stylelist.com

Alexander Wang SS10

Makeup was bold, courtesy of strong Brooke Shields-inspired brows, which were drawn in using a pencil with strokes that feathered up and out.
“He wanted the girls to look really strong and beautiful,” said makeup artist Diane Kendal working on behalf of MAC Cosmetics. “It was about achieving a look without using too much makeup. The eyebrow is a good way of doing that and still giving a boldness to the face.”

The rest of the eye was left bare, except the tops, where a clear lip gloss was applied for shine.

The look for skin was clean. MAC’s cream blush in Lilicent was applied to the apple of the cheeks for a peachy glow, and the brand’s Select Cover-Up Concealer was used only where needed.
wwd.com

I have to say that Spring is always a bit boring when it comes to makeup and this season was no exception. Lots of highlighters and skin. I did like how dramatic Marc Jacobs went. Nars never disappoints.

Rodarte

Anything But Red-Carpet Ready Backstage At Rodarte
September 16, 2009

East L.A. gang girls. Menacing condors. Maori tribeswomen. Makeup artist James Kaliardos rattled off all of these things at Rodarte yesterday, where he was attempting to create “the dark side of beauty.” With a charred black lip and a series of full-sleeve, half-sleeve, and neck tattoo designs courtesy of MAC senior artist Chantel Miller, his efforts were an overwhelming success. Starting with a minimal base, Kaliardos dabbed concealer under models’ eyes and brushed a dark mauve shadow on their lids for contour. Keeping everything “simple and strong,” he skipped the mascara and blush, and focused his energies on the lips, where he filled in the middle with strokes of MAC Lip Pencil in Beet and then used an angled brush dipped intoMAC Pro Lipmix in black to line the rest of the mouth. Nail connoisseur Deborah Lippmann echoed Kaliardos’ trip to the dark side with her new “Funky Chunky,” a sheer, texturized black lacquer that goes on slightly more uniformly than Marquis Moon, the sequined silver shade she premiered at this show last season. As for the hair, Odile Gilbert explained her coifs in a single word: “Beautiful.” The stylist treated the models’ tresses with Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion to create a salt-water texture and then laid a piece of wool on top, spraying it with hairspray so that it adhered to the hair. Gilbert referenced Edward Curtis’ evocative images of the American West and Native Americans as the basis of the look, although her inspiration really came from the unique way the Mulleavys work with knitwear and the wholly different vantage point from which they approach their designs—a universal appreciation that resonated backstage.
Source: style.com/beauty/beautycounter

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->