RUSSH December / January 10.11 : Eniko Mihalik by Benny Horne

i thought the ed would be alasdair mclellan-ish like the cover... some pictures are really nice alone but as a whole it's quite incongruous.

the title couldn't be more appropriate, girl's versatile.
now from that point of view it makes more sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
And yes Eniko is a cool top model but "iconic"? Heu yeah some words are really really over-used these days.
I think it's meant to be humorous.... precisely for the overused effect of these words (iconic, 'everything', b*tch, killa, bandit, etc).

Another great cover by Russh :heart:.. and the editorial is fantastically all over the place, the title couldn't be more appropriate, girl's versatile.

I actually love the cover- its got a slightly 90's vibe to it- don't you think?

A very fresh looking cover and editorial but I expect nothing less from Eniko Mihalik.

I've seen better shots of Eniko, the title itself is a bit much also. Happy for Eniko but this isnt what comes to mind when saying iconic.

:heart: Benny Horne. His shoots for Russh are always the best.
:heart: Eniko looks beautiful. I just got my issue this morning, and it looks so much better in person.
:heart: Stevie Dance. Gosh that woman is amazing. Russh was great before, but it never had the pulling power to get huge models like Eniko, Alessandra, Tony Ward. It's better than Australia Vogue. No reprints here.

Has Eniko's interview been posted??
Cassie van der Dugen has a beautiful, beautiful ed called "Patterson's Curse". So beautiful.
Irina Lazareanu and Larry Scott also star in an amazing ed. Glad to see the correct photographer was credited this time.

One of the best Russh issues ever in my opinion.

Love, love LOVE. The cover, though very simple, highlights Eniko's facial structure so well. I also enjoy her editorial. Love the variety (with its outdoor and studio shots) and the styling of course.

And you know one more thing that makes this issue so fantasticaly amazing? There's no nudity untill page 145. And then all it is is a simgle black photograph, which is so beautiful. Honestly, best issue yet probably.

^me too seriously her edits just continue to blow me away, really love this one so many gorgeous shots from cute/natural to ultra glam:heart:

This is one of the most beautiful eds I've seen in Russh.

Paterson's Curse

Ph: Will Davidson
Fashion Editor: Stevie Dance
Model: Cassi van den Dungen
pattisoncursewilldavids.jpg

pattisoncursewilldavidsy.jpg

russhmagazine

Last edited by a moderator:
These are some pretty awesome covers! I can't decide which one I like the best since they are all quite stunning!

Somewhere Along The Way No Matter How Much He Loved Her He Lost Her.
Photographer: Will Davidson
Fashion Editor: Stevie Dance
Models: Irina Lazareanu and Larry Scott

scans by rox_yr_sox

:lol: I love how long her answers are in that interview. She has such a cute personality.

That interview shot would've made an even better cover, it's gorgeous!:heart:.. it reminds me a bit of Doingbird covers.. does anyone in Australia know if they still publish that, by the way? they sort of vanished (at least internationally) after Malgosia's cover.. so sad.

I'm not sure how I feel about the two eds by Davidson+Dance.. some shots are very strong but others are below average, the result gives the impression to be exceptionally good but if you place each picture apart, I definitely don't think it's anywhere near Russh's highlights, they've done some fantastic stories this year, this doesn't challenge them much.

That being said, I wouldn't put the blame on the actual creators of the story but whoever gets to select what will be published at the end and then, the person that gets to retouch/fix images, like this one, where they just inserted the model's face from another shot and clearly didn't bother to continue the shape of the trees around her head.. they're insignificant things but they put me off.. not to mention the model choice's already far from great (unappealing mouth [see first shot], can't pull off menswear looks, etc).. and don't get me started on Irina, whose entire appeal ended somewhere in 2006..

I agree with Bianca that Cassi's (who I am not even a fan) editorial is the most beautiful editorial I have seen in a long time. Far superior to Eniko's (awful) and Irina's (a few good shots, but nothing spectacular). Will Davidson is the heart and soul of RUSSH to me. Benny Horne bores me to tears in comparison.

This whole issue is so beautiful! Irina and Cassi's stories solidify this issue.

That being said, I wouldn't put the blame on the actual creators of the story but whoever gets to select what will be published at the end and then, the person that gets to retouch/fix images, like this one, where they just inserted the model's face from another shot and clearly didn't bother to continue the shape of the trees around her head.. they're insignificant things but they put me off.. not to mention the model choice's already far from great (unappealing mouth [see first shot], can't pull off menswear looks, etc).. and don't get me started on Irina, whose entire appeal ended somewhere in 2006..

She has a halo of light around her hair from the sun....

Her head isn't pasted on. lol. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"