Sacai S/S 2015 Paris

marcBarna

Reaction score
Sacai-RTW-SS15-Paris-0020-1411990082-bigthumb.jpg

nowfashion.com

this looks very interesting. love the colors and the prints - and the combination of the two.
Vintage YSL military goes Hokusai Katsushika!

oh that's good, the consistency between seasons is fascinating.

Chitose continues to fascinate me, mix between very soild and military with the add of feminine by the sheer and lace added.

Vintage YSL military goes Hokusai Katsushika!

Exactly what came to mind, The Great Wave off Kanagawa in many of the looks here.

The more and more I look at Sacai's womenswear, the more I'm seeing that "cool" factor I'm missing from everybody else. B)

Love Chitose! She's so effortless -- whenever I see her wearing her own clothing it looks believable. Not forced at all! There's a complexity to her work but it never appears that way in person. I still love this collection!

She's a slow burner, worked her way to where she is now and I respect that.

Really? I have always found her work so unbelievably complicated and overworked. It seems very dated to me. Plus - I've seen her collection in stores and it's so clunky and so heavy on the hanger.

^ unbelievably complicated.. :mellow:, to me it's actually like a more experimental/Japanese version of Vanessa Bruno. Even when it looks heavy on the runway (and I haven't liked her presentations for over 2 years), in person it's the easiest, often loveliest thing and so is wearing it, nothing heavy or overworked about it, and I dress pretty plain these days. I have this navy top I never wear (because my job and getting to my job can be quite the dirty journey) but whenever I do, I always get some "aw, I love your shirt!" exclamation from women [..in regular clothes, not inside a hexagon]. Would also kill for all of her coats.. now that's heavy, in the best possible way.

And I don't know.. I keep seeing interpretations she's done of basics, furry coats, palettes, all still making continual appearances at things like NYFW, Sandy Liang, Acne.. not that they took it from her, but definitely after her, way later, so I'm not sure about her work looking dated, but then it might be, it's just that so is a good 70% of the market, I don't even know what's not being dated anymore (considering what's deemed as avant-garde/coughvetements). :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? I have always found her work so unbelievably complicated and overworked. It seems very dated to me. Plus - I've seen her collection in stores and it's so clunky and so heavy on the hanger.

Then I wonder what a Dior couture ballgown on a hanger looks like to you? Diaphanous & feather-like, or a ton of bricks? Lol.

Besides, seeing something on a hanger and seeing something on a moving, living body are two totally different things, no?

In comparison to the other crap that looks more like cringeworthy than noteworthy fashion these days (YSL, Balenciaga, and Gucci mainly), I'd rather see something overworked and complicated, than see something that makes me think "I can design that in the shower."

Her and her team definitely know how to cut, that's for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
i agree with the vanessa bruno reference...
which is based in the puff or ruffle shoulder...

in any case...
every time i wear sacai...
i get compliments...
which is not necessarily the goal and is often a surprise...
but the truth is that it is very comfortable and flattering...
so- yeah- random people are envious...

you look good- and -very obviously, feel good...
it's a desirable combo...

boys who have fantasies about designing clothes for women should take note...
^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
todayfendi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->