Saint Laurent F/W 2024.25 : Chloë Sevigny by Juergen Teller

I never understood the hype about this person, in fact I only found out who she was a few years ago... Here in Brazil at least she is a complete unknown. Terrible campaign, like many of her works...

I never understood the hype about this person, in fact I only found out who she was a few years ago... Here in Brazil at least she is a complete unknown. Terrible campaign, like many of her works...
I think she is more a fashion darling than a household name actress. As a big fan of art pictures in my teeanage years, I did know her in "Boys dont cry" where she got an oscar nomanation. Ever since then, she was good in "Big love" but most of the time I know her as a fashion it girl as the industry claimed.

Can't believe it's October and they have not released the Winter 2024 campaign with the sheer hosiery looks from the runway show.
Even CHANEL released the Fall Winter collection and they are usually the latest to do so...
Did they decide to scrap the hosiery looks and not put them in production after all the drama from the show?

SL campaigns are so boring. You either get drab daylight shots by Teller or b&w studio images from Sims and Sorrenti that all look the same.

Can't believe it's October and they have not released the Winter 2024 campaign with the sheer hosiery looks from the runway show.
Even CHANEL released the Fall Winter collection and they are usually the latest to do so...
Did they decide to scrap the hosiery looks and not put them in production after all the drama from the show?
There’s nothing really to show or sell from that collection right?
Prefall is the season that is going to seat longer in stores.
Maybe they will release a campaign for the runway show just for content.

Juergen Teller is truly once in a lifetime--no, once-in-a-millenia--talent, he can transform anyone, even the queen of cool, into looking like an overhyped nobody through the portal of his camera, incredible.

There’s nothing really to show or sell from that collection right?
Prefall is the season that is going to seat longer in stores.
Maybe they will release a campaign for the runway show just for content.
Indeed they have practically nothing to sell from the show. They had enormous but predictable production issue, the fabrics are literally the silk used in hosiery before nylon and are so thin they keep tearing and breaking off. They managed to knit some sheer skirts in knitted silk but that's all.
The rest kept tearing down, even in stores, they were not able to put them on hangers.

So they had a few pieces produced in crêpe, charmeuse, muslin but not the same effect.
The coats were in marabout feathers but they did not manage to produce more than 60, because of sourcing issues.
Anyway, whatever they achieved to produce went directly to their 200 best clients.

Chloe is quite big in the world of cinema and for people that are into that world, you know who she is. I mean she has worked with Woody Allen, Jim Jarmusch, Luca Guadagnino, David Fincher, Lars Von Trier, etc etc.

Next up for her is a role in an adaption of a very famous French novel by Françoise Sagan, Bonjour Tristesse.

In that way I can see why YSL would want to partner with her for this season, given the importance of the book in France. The narrative of the book is also very "YSL" in a way. It makes sense.

She has also been wearing YSL since Pilati days, so the link is there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Annhedonia Beretta
    Back
    monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
    <-- Admiral -->