Saint Laurent Menswear F/W 2024.25 Paris

I really dig this. It just feels mature and sophisticated, which we don't get that often in menswear these days. Reminds a bit of some of the Pilati collections. I love the Yves clones, great casting.

My only complain, similarly with the womenswear show, is how long does he think he can away with just making 3 looks per collection and just reproducing them in different colors? What the hell is he doing all these months in the studio?
Partying with Anja.

The relaxed fit suits scream false Armani. Anw, Anthony's menswear suck, just hire the new CD for YSL men

Want it in black? Beige? Grey? Ill fitted? In black? In brown? What do you want? We need to sell!!!!

Everytime I see skinny guys in giants suits, I think about two menswear collections under Tom Ford. If I remember well, it was spring 2003 and the masterpiece from fall 2002…

But here the feeling is more Pilati as his sartorial approach for YSL, particularly in his early days, was very chic.

That’s a lot of sloppy suits for one collection, that being said. I wish to never see a man wearing one of those suits IRL.
It’s all quite terrible and not even the slick presentation could save that. I don’t think her understands menswear. I don’t think he understands the needs of men and I know he would never wear one of those suits!

The only positive thing here is the grey because a grey suit is the ultimate chic. Even my husband laughed when I showed him the pictures lol

I see I'm outnumbered here, bit I quite enjoyed this actually. I'm a sucker for fluid tailoring and big shoulders in men's suits and I love the sartorial proposal here. I like how the suiting wardrobe of Yves the man was the starting point. The Yves clones could have easily been offensive and farcical, but they felt like they came from a place of respect and made sense for the presentation. Almost like when Donatella does her Donatella clones. The models were very gaunt, though, so that might not have always benefitted our perception of the tailoring.

Is everything perfect--no, but between this and his womenswear shows, I do feel like he has a particular vision of who his/today's YSL man and woman are...at least from an aesthetic point of view. And that's something that we miss from a lot of designers who are currently heading up heritage houses. For that, I liked it too.

Gorgeous. The fit on YSL menswear is seductive…. so many delicious looks here. Wearable but scream YSL. the pants with blouses look irresistable. The gray double breasted suit is a must. Prob will do it in black too. So many tops to go in any glamorous mans closet. I literally cant decide which coats are the best….

The finale zoot suit section had some gorgeous colors but all that fabric is not wearable outside of clubs or lounges.

Last edited:
It's giving queer "American Psycho".
Holy sh*t, I was spot on with this comment. Just read the Vogue Runway review and they said this:
But Yves wasn’t the only man who stood over this collection. Vaccarello mentioned he’d been thinking about American Psycho’s Patrick Bateman—the show’s coiffed, sleek, Masters of the Universe hair look recalled that scene in the movie version when Christian Bale obsessively preps and preens himself to get ready for another day of making a killing, financial or otherwise.

I liked it. Perhaps his strongest menswear showing. The suits, though I'm not a fan of the fit, are still strong and right for the look they're trying to achieve. There were a lot of options and the wardrobe was dense and not as repetitive as before. Venue is recycled but the clothes saved the day (the opposite happened in the women's wear tho). Great music as always!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->