Saint Laurent Music Project by Hedi Slimane

I don't get why people keep saying they miss Stefano Pilati or they don't approve of the new image that is portraying by Hedi! First, you don't miss Pilati because he basically gave people what they wanted and what they expect from YSL. With Hedi, he's bring something unexpected to the brand and the most important thing, youth. He's giving youth to the brand and it's sad that some people just don't see that and rather have Pilati doing the typical "luxury brand" cliche!!

you guys should follow pilati then at agnona, no ones forcing you to like hedi or the new ysl

I have to agree, the last shot really is nice. Wouldn't have been as special without that moon lamp though. :D

i can`t even comprehend the direction of the shoot..

This is all so f*cked up I can't even...

All I'm taking away from these pics is that Marilyn Manson aged terribly.

Yeah, and the visible age on the faces of all of these stars further emphasizes how tired and frankly irrelevant this 90s style grunge is. Perhaps the clothes could be styled in a more modern way, but between these images and the show, I really see no place for these clothes in 2013.

The downfall of a brand, and in such little time.

Ok, I feel like there is some serious Hedi-hate flowing around that doesn't really have anything to do with the campaign itself. People seem to hate that he is not going down the classic 'parisian chic' route which the house kind of stands for (which doesn't mean that I am exactly happy with his very rock/grunge-related direction)

That being said I absolutely LOVE this. Especially Courtneys and Kims photos. Who cares if these people are passé, these are just really cool photos. I just wish he'd use more personalities like this on the runway instead of all these 14-year-olds.

Very clever campaign cause lord knows the collection was from hell.

Predictably cliched grunge collection worn by former "grunge" musician millionaires....I'm already sick of the New Grunge, before it's arrived.:innocent:

THE SAINT LAURENT MUSIC PROJECT
DAFT PUNK, LOS ANGELES, MARCH 2013
STAGE WEAR BY HEDI SLIMANE FOR SAINT LAURENT
SAINT LAURENT BLACK GLITTER "LE SMOKING" JACKET

DAFT PUNK'S COLLABORATION WITH THE SAINT LAURENT MUSIC PROJECT STARTED IN OCTOBER 2012. THEY WERE COMMISSIONED TO CREATE THE SOUNDTRACK OF THE INAUGURAL SAINT LAURENT FASHION SHOW.

DAFT PUNK / SAINT LAURENT MUSIC PROJECT / MORE ON http://www.ysl.com/

facebook/ysl

Hate to admit it, but I can't fight the Daft Punk images. It's Daft Punk! This is only thing Hedi has done that hasn't revolted me.

This is now looking more hilarious than tragic. Its so bad that the best thing is really laugh about it.

I personally LOVE this campaign but then again I love Hedi´s aesthetics, the rocker vibe and half the musicians featured... I also like that each artist was portrayed being their personas, without looking like cliches but very parisian chic with a rocker edge.
An ad campaign is not supposed to just sell clothes but an idea... I´m loving how both are depicted.
I´m gonna rock my leather jacket, my white and black shirts, my striped pants and blazer and call it "Slimane" style... all I´m missing is the polka dots sheer blouse. This caters to me like no other campaign this season :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarestjewel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->