Saint Laurent Paris Psych Rock Collection : Grace Hartzel by Hedi Slimane

khyrk

Oh Yeah!
Reaction score
Hedi Slimane has linked up yet again with model Grace Hartzel — one of his many muses — this time photographing her in his Psych Rock collection, which is available starting today on the brand's website. Some of the looks were shown during Saint Laurent's spring 2015 men's show in June, where the seats were lined with cards announcing "Psych Rock's New Rising." Now the full collection has been released, complete with layered hippie-chick necklaces, granny-takes-a-trip boots, and groovy star-patterned caftans that practically come with their own Syd Barrett soundtrack.

24-saint-laurent-1.w529.h352.2x.jpg
24-saint-laurent-2.w529.h352.2x.jpg

nymag

Would it hurt to show a bit of colour? I know this is his aesthetic, but still. Anyway, super glad to see Grace

OMG, getting more an more tired of Hedi, could he stop doing AD himself. Are there any differences between every season. What the hell

I think Hedi photographed one campaign the first day he was appointed Saint Laurent's Creative Director and he just photoshops the new garments in the old images. My gawwwwd, differentiating two SL campaings is almost as difficult as telling apart two Valentino shows!

^^^ LOL

I like that sameness about Hedi's direction for the label.

When we're in an era of fashion when it's more about gimmicks, hooks and fast-fashion-- where a look is already tired before it hits the stores, I love how stubbornly-- and welcomingly consistent Hedi's branded the SPL brand.

This cant last forever though. Eventually he'll have to start diversify the campaigns. Anyway, I think its just blatant laziness!

there is a thin line between having a signature aesthetic and repeating .. hedi is somewhere in between

am officially fed up of this kind of image, I remember the glorious days of YSL which nfortunately ended when Tom Ford left

How creative...! it seems that this man can't do something different. We already know how is gonna look the next campaign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turnipcookie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->