School Uniforms

I agree, flauxhemian! I think school uniforms do supress individuality, and I agree I always feel sick in the stomach when I see that I am wearing the same clothes as everyone else. I like to feel special in my clothes! That's what sort of killed LV for me! :P

I don't know about mine...

I have so many opinions. It surpresses creativity and makes us all conform to an image that our school thinks is acceptable, which pisses the hell out of me. I'm addicted to accessories but I'm not allowed, so I regularly break the rules, as do many people. it gets us into trouble, but we don't want to live looking the same as everyone else.

Then again, I love not having to choose what I wear every morning, I'd die if I had to. It makes weekends and free dress days more fun, and it makes the school look more presentable and helps stop clique-ness.

I don't know... it'll be nice in year 13 to get rid of it, and laugh at all the little kids who still have to wear it :wink:

-G.

heh..

i might be getting the jacket of a korean winter school uniform...aka gyobok..

i always thought they looked real cool, especially because of all the korean high school "gang" movies ive seen =P

and for those who havent seen one before..its like a blazer without lapels, but instead it has a collar..i dunno if htat made any sense

my school uniform was foul .. in junior school it was a pinifore like the st trinians ones lol but in plain black with a white shirt and a black and white tie with a grey jumper and a wool blazer with black and white strips around the cuffs with a black bowler hat with ribbon around it. With knee high blck socks and black mary janes. yes we even had school regulation socks and shoes :( and a school bag with the school badge on it.
then in the summers it was a pink and white stripy dress with a straw boater with a pink ribbon on it with a grey jumper and a red annorack. white socks and white sandels :(
then when we progressed into upper 3 we had to wear a white shirt and a black and white tie with a black v neck pullover, with a blackpencil skirt and black ankle socks or dernier tights with black flat shoes hair tied back and no make up. Then in summer we wore an open neck blouse with no tie and we had to wear white ankle socks .. how i hated showing my legs. Then in upper fifth we had no uniform.
HOw i wished for a nice uniform, but looking back it wasnt all bad could have been worse we had to wear regulation everything. I think alot of schools are quite laid back when it comes to uniform but my school was super stirct.
It was so mcuh easier wearing uniform less thort behind it a few months after i stopped wearing it i wanted it back but now I couldnt care less either way, as no uniform is easy just throw any old thing on :smile:
It does prevent bullying though i think

I love having uniforms. And when we get those rare dress-down days, you especially notice what everyone else is wearing. But I'm not a morning person and it takes me long enough to get my hair and makeup together so it's less stress to put on a plaid skirt, polo and sweater everyday. They allow us to accessorize, so it's not all that boring. All the girls just break the shoe rule by going backless or wearing gym shoes.

eh, i have mixed feelings about school uniforms. in elementary school we had them, and i hated them a lot. but now, in high school, although i love buying and wearing my own clothes, somedays it's just too much trouble.

I've never been at a school where there have been uniforms although my mom had a dress code for me when I was younger that was almost like one.

For me, I would have never survived. Because I do not wear long pants, and skirts were a no-no until almost 2 years ago, I would have had to customize a lot-and get in trouble. Some girls at my elementary school wanted to have our school be a uniform school but I think that it would have caused too much trouble.

Just for laughs, here is my kindergarten school uniform; wore it when I was 5 years old..

wheniwasfive.jpg

My mom dug it out yesterday while cleaning the wardrobe..haha..
I think uniforms are good. At least when you're a teenager.. it breeds some sort of creativity in exerting your own influence over the uniform so that it falls in line with your style.. I wore a pinafore for 4 years and I've seen lots of ways that girls make it their own: rolling up sleeves, poufing out the pinafores over belts, having the pinafore hang loosely off their frames.. you could really tell the personality of the girl from the way she wore the uniform..

milkfresh said:
Just for laughs, here is my kindergarten school uniform; wore it when I was 5 years old..

wheniwasfive.jpg

My mom dug it out yesterday while cleaning the wardrobe..haha..
I think uniforms are good. At least when you're a teenager.. it breeds some sort of creativity in exerting your own influence over the uniform so that it falls in line with your style.. I wore a pinafore for 4 years and I've seen lots of ways that girls make it their own: rolling up sleeves, poufing out the pinafores over belts, having the pinafore hang loosely off their frames.. you could really tell the personality of the girl from the way she wore the uniform..

so cute!!! mine was the typical PAP uniform in kindergarden

vintagedolly, this is the PAP kindergarten uniform.. haha.... i was from yishun PAP. :wink:

hmm, :huh: mine was a different one though. will post pictures of it if i can find mine. lol.

tiamaria said:
my school uniform was foul .. in junior school it was a pinifore like the st trinians ones lol but in plain black with a white shirt and a black and white tie with a grey jumper and a wool blazer with black and white strips around the cuffs with a black bowler hat with ribbon around it. With knee high blck socks and black mary janes. yes we even had school regulation socks and shoes :( and a school bag with the school badge on it.
then in the summers it was a pink and white stripy dress with a straw boater with a pink ribbon on it with a grey jumper and a red annorack. white socks and white sandels :(
then when we progressed into upper 3 we had to wear a white shirt and a black and white tie with a black v neck pullover, with a blackpencil skirt and black ankle socks or dernier tights with black flat shoes hair tied back and no make up. Then in summer we wore an open neck blouse with no tie and we had to wear white ankle socks .. how i hated showing my legs. Then in upper fifth we had no uniform.
HOw i wished for a nice uniform, but looking back it wasnt all bad could have been worse we had to wear regulation everything. I think alot of schools are quite laid back when it comes to uniform but my school was super stirct.
It was so mcuh easier wearing uniform less thort behind it a few months after i stopped wearing it i wanted it back but now I couldnt care less either way, as no uniform is easy just throw any old thing on :smile:
It does prevent bullying though i think

Actually, those uniforms sound adorable :flower:

We wore truly horrible uniforms: blue and white check sleeveless V-neck dress with a hip belt and pleated skirt. People shortened the skirt as much as possible, and had the top of the dress taken in with darts until it was VERY tight. The last day of class for seniors was called "rip day"--we reduced our uniforms to shreds, and boy was that satisfying!

Another "uniform" I used to wear was scrubs and a white coat.

School uniforms make getting dressed in the morning a snap, and certainly reduce headaches for parents I bet. But I hated everything about them, and I think I would have been far happier in my own clothes.

As for the scrubs: if you've been up all night, you really don't want to have to worry about what you're wearing. But after a while it just got to be so nasty. Finally I decided that even if I felt awful, I didn't have to LOOK awful. So I jettisonned both the scrubs and the white coat.

Mine was terrible, this British catholic all girls school in the middle of France!
I couldn't even wear earrings(short pearls and that kind of short earrings), no make-up of course and well it looked terrible. I looked totally wasted, it just looked sh!t on me, I was always hoping for one of those mufty days in which we had to pay 3 francs and go on our own clothes! That was heaven for me!

hey im new here! :P

i thought id just lyk to show you my school uniform from new zealand.. i dont know if this will work or not..:doh:

Attachments

• junior_uni.gif
    junior_uni.gif
    17.3 KB · Views: 76
  • junior_uni01.gif
    junior_uni01.gif
    17.5 KB · Views: 76
  • pe_uni.jpg
    pe_uni.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 76
  • senior_uni.gif
    senior_uni.gif
    17.2 KB · Views: 76
  • senior_uni01.gif
    senior_uni01.gif
    17.1 KB · Views: 76
^ macleans.school.nz

the first one being the junior summer uniform, then junior winter uniform, then our physical education uniform, the colors are different because we're sorted into groups u can say.. we call them houses, or whanau which means extended family in maori language. the houses are rutherford-red upham-light blue te kanawa-royal blue mansfield-purple snell-black kupe-yellow hilary-green batten-silver/white. for me, im in snell. neways then its the senior summer uniform, then the senior winter uniform.

i went to middle and high school requiring school uniforms. the originality of individuals could be expressed in the way each person wears it. some wore it right off the rack, some customized it into the fits they wanted. i noticed we were puting more attention to the shoes and bags since what we could do with the uniforms were limited. i think it was a good experience.

luv_lyf_az_it_iz said:
^ macleans.school.nz

the first one being the junior summer uniform, then junior winter uniform, then our physical education uniform, the colors are different because we're sorted into groups u can say.. we call them houses, or whanau which means extended family in maori language. the houses are rutherford-red upham-light blue te kanawa-royal blue mansfield-purple snell-black kupe-yellow hilary-green batten-silver/white. for me, im in snell. neways then its the senior summer uniform, then the senior winter uniform.

u mean in NZ, every school has the same uniform or??
cause i know there's some countries that used the same uniform throughout the country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->