Self Service F/W 2020.21 : Aylah Peterson, Anna Ewers & Kristen McMenamy

thats great cause i can finally choose the right cover, which dont have the same image inside, its tough to choose among Sims and Luchford

All the cover are fine & stunning. Wait to see the content & surprise to see that Kristen's outtake by Luchford.

So they made this vintage story as with interview in 2019

How does this work? They digitally shop Anthony's looks onto vintage images? Isn't that the sort of thing Glenda used to do regularly in Bazaar? Yet now it's supposed to be 'cool'. At best they only paid for the retoucher and The Face licensing fee.

This sort of thing always screamed budget restrictions to me, which I'm sure is the case with Self Service.

The irony is that they ve mixed up credits (how come, that Glen can’t recall what publication he worked for? )
It’s no the face and not 1993))) it’s bazaar story for September 1994 called midnight cowboy and he took mostly black and white pics of Kate on the streets of New York
That image is outtake, the original published image has slightly different pose and bw picture

Pinterest

so video onto their youtube 3pm CET
hope this new format will be nice, anyway Ezra is trying new path which is very inspiring comparing to trying too hard and never get there Farneti

Looks so cool! I'll check it out just to see how they'll promote the photo content.

Camilla Nickerson will mention the wedding show...that was all the invitation I needed.

Oh wow, this is amazing!!!
I actually think Ezra is onto something here. We've always been looking at editorials in a very one-dimensional way, but by adding a soundtrack and visuals to what is essentially a digital edition, it's clearly an entirely different experience.

The one upside to this pandemic is to watch people fight back and innovate. No doubt Self Service would have been hit hard by shrinking budgets, and unlike the Vogues there's nowhere to cushion the blow. So they had to think of another way to adapt.

One of the best developments in design this year!

i must say, i just skipped it on 2nd speed as i always do with youtube, but overall its great project. i will def see it in a normal format and surely getting this issue. Ezra roasted all covid-19 projects, they just looking pity and useless.

I think fashion magazines should be bi annual to be honest. Taking time to gather really desirable, innovative fashion contents (interviews, editorials, videos etc) in order to make people want to collect it. Some of the content can be bought like some did for this issue.

Ezra is smart, passionate, knows his craft and he is often in the shadow because people talk a lot of Baron but Self Service is a steady and very influential publication. Looking forward to buy my issue.

I was so excited when I clicked on Youtube and found the video being over an hour! I have to say I am really impressed by the results. It is a smart way to show the whole magazine in front of the readers. Now I am even more looking forward to getting my physical print copy and I believe I will have a different experience vs. the video one I just had. I think the video format provides a multi-dimensional sensors, you look, you hear and somehow you feel. But the print version will last longer imo, it always gives me time to stop and think, whether it's me thinking after an article or indulging myself by looking at one photo in a fashion story.

I know this topic has been done by others before but I still felt emotional by hearing those editors talking about how print matters in that section.

It was indeed a whole new experience for me! Good job Ezra!

Anybody know where I can buy this? I wish they had a store on their site for this sort of thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->