Shiseido Purifying Line

Angelica

Reaction score
I went to try the Shiseido Gentle Cleansing Lotion at a store after reading about it in some magazine. The SA was insisting I buy the Gentle Cleansing Cream instead. I just left confused about which one to buy. I liked the texture of both, the only real difference is that the Cream seemed richer and thicker. Anyone here use either of those products? What was your expience with it? How are the 2 different?

i dunno if this would answer ur question...but i use pretty much the entire shiseido pureness line. its gentle and makes my skin happy. now, why dont u ask the SA for samples...they always have it for most products when i ask. i like to try before i buy. also, when u buy shiseido, ask if u can get the elite card if u dont already have it. (its kindda like a rewards card)

i'm also a hardcore shiseido fan. If your skin is dry, try the Cream if not, try only the lotion, all shiseido products are TOP quality, wellcome to the S club :heart:

I did pick up a few samples, the eye and lip makeup remover, an eye cream, as well as a few other things, but for some reason I didn't think to ask for samples of the cleansing cream or lotion. I have combination skin, my face tends to get dry and tight in some areas and shiny in others. That was why I asked for the lotion.

I've tried a few of the Shiseido products before, but never the skin care line. I do like the things I've tried so far. I will definitely go back and ask for samples of both the lotion and cream to test them on my skin. Thanks, your replies helped. :flower:

Do either one of you use the wipe-off cleansers or do you prefer the rinse-off foam?

do you mean the Pureness range?

Deep Cleansing Foam is quite good for oily/combination skin. I have gone through about 4 tubes of this but stopped a few months ago because my skin was becoming more dehydrated and needed something more gentle.

Balancing Softner alcohol-free is a wonderful alcohol free toner. I'm onto bottle number 3 and i'm happy to stay with this product

Moisturizng Gel Cream was a disappointment though, it felt exactly like Loreal Hydrafresh (green jar). So for the price, it was a disappointment, I used one jar and that was it.

Hydro-purifying Mask (i think thats what its called), what a horrible mask. it's a clear glue like gel and I used this over the course of 2 months and didnt see any improvement in my skin. Plus, this goes rancid over time

HTH!

I was pretty sure it was called Purifying, although I could be wrong. Here's a link to the products I'm considering.

I should clarify when I say combination skin. I have combination, mostly dry skin. I have very sensitive skin, not in terms of acne or breakouts, but with eczema. My skin is happiest with gentle, non-scented, soothing/calming cleansers.

Thanks for the detailed review on the products you've tested, PradaP. :smile:

oh you mean The Skincare range :wink:
my mistake then

I receieved a sample pack of this range including the cleanser, toner and SPF10 moisturizer

unfortunately I wasnt impressed with any of the products at all. the cleanser in particular, I felt it didnt clean as well as I had expected and it also left residue (big no no). Also, this cleanser is not fragrance free and if you have sensitive skin, I would advise against using products which contain fragrance as they may upset skin even more.

Have you tried Cetaphil before? It's a fragrance-free very gentle milky cleanser and its wonderful for those with sensitive skin (as well as those without sensitive skin). I would definately recommend it

anyway if you're still interested in the Shiseido one, you might like to take a few of the review here and here

Originally posted by PradaP@Dec 10th, 2003 - 12:02 am
Have you tried Cetaphil before? It's a fragrance-free very gentle milky cleanser and its wonderful for those with sensitive skin (as well as those without sensitive skin). I would definately recommend it
I have tried Cetaphil. Right now I'm using Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser for Face and Eyes, which has a similar consistency to Cetaphil, but has additional soothing properties which I prefer. I am actually very happy with the Dermalogica products I am using, but being the fickle person I am, I want to try something new. I'm about 3/4 done with my (4th or so) bottle of cleanser and I'm itching to try something else. Shiseido products are always described as gentle so I figured that if I were to make a switch, theirs would be a good option for me.

I think I'll do as everyone suggests and pick up a few samples to see whether the products agree with my skin or not.

Thanks everyone!

Originally posted by PradaP@Dec 10th, 2003 - 2:48 am
Moisturizng Gel Cream was a disappointment though, it felt exactly like Loreal Hydrafresh (green jar). So for the price, it was a disappointment, I used one jar and that was it.
sorry pradap, gotta disagree with u here...l'oreal hydrafresh smells so gross and the shiseido one has a pleasing smell...just for that reason alone, i'd pick shiseido :P oh, and the l'oreal one really irritated my skin, while the shiseido one didnt. the texture is almost identical tho.

Originally posted by PradaP@Dec 10th, 2003 - 1:48 am
Hydro-purifying Mask (i think thats what its called), what a horrible mask. it's a clear glue like gel and I used this over the course of 2 months and didnt see any improvement in my skin. Plus, this goes rancid over time

I agree with you PradaP!!! I have it and nothing in my skin texture changed while using it (and after).

It's so sticky and hard to spread on the face because it pulls together. Such a weird and gross product.

When I peel it off from my face afterwards, all I see on the "mask" are some facial hair (SOME). That's it. Such a disappointement. I also have the clear gel sortof that moistures the skin from that line. Another terrible product that didn't do much for me.

Sorry, but I think that the Pureness line is not worth the money. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->