Shopping Dilemmas

twilight fairy

Reaction score
I was just looking around the shops for a fall/winter coat (yess, I still don't have one :shock: ) which is a pain in the ****. I'm small built ("petite") so most jumpers/coats are too wide for me (in the shoulders or the waist.)
In Diesel, I came across a cute, beige/velvet trench like coat, which ties around the waist. It was quite cute. It fitted me really well, around the waist, shoulders, arms, everything.

Today, I went into H&M ( :heart: ) and I found a coat. It was "tweed" like, in a yummy green colour, and it looked so stylish. I loved everything about it. When I put it on, it was quite ok in the waist, but the shoulder/armpit area was a little...baggy, if you know what I mean. When I put my arms together it sort of formed a little "parachute" but not really noticable.

Now, the dilemma. I need to choose one coat. They're exactly the same price ($100). It's either getting the perfectly fitted okayish trench that I DO LIKE design-wise, but I love the tweedy-ish one more. Although it doens't fit quite as well..

Which one would you get??

I need to decide. :ninja:

I would choose the second one even it doesn't fit well....but i'm stupid, so don't listen this part of me. :lol:
Choose the first one. It's for a whole season not for one night.

hmmm. i say choose the tweed jacket, if the parachute things don't bother you, or if you know that they won't bother you after you buy it. If it bothers you, don't get it. You'll end up staring at the parachutes instead of the whole jacket itself...
good luck :flower:

Get the better fitting one. Even if you love the other coat more, you'll end up frustrated with it if the fit isn't right. Also, the Diesel one is probably better quality than the H&M one. I have bought H&M coats before, but I would never pay $100 for one.

I agree with HBoogie, get the Diesel. The fit issue is important and is likely to bug you eventually if you get the H&M.

What did you try it on over? If it was a lighter top it might fit really nice over a sweater or heavier winter wear. You know you love it, buy it.

I'm going to put in another vote for the first one. There's nothing worse than an ill-fitting jacket. :huh:

Diesel leading 5-2 (if you count Midori's as a vote for Diesel.)

This should have been a poll, methinks.

Originally posted by tangerine@Sep 29 2004, 03:18 AM
Diesel leading 5-2 (if you count Midori's as a vote for Diesel.)

This should have been a poll, methinks.
[snapback]378387[/snapback]​

I vote for Diesel. :flower:

Go for the Diesel. An poor fit can make the $100 coat look like it's worth about $10 at a thrift shop.

Definitely Diesel!!! :wub:

I'm a total brand wh*re when it comes to Diesel. :blush: :innocent:

I say Diesel at this point, but if you can find a similar coat to H&M's, somewhere else for nearly the same price, I'd spring for that. Simply because the quality of H&M is likely lesser than Diesel, and paying the same price for a lesser quality coat isn't probably that great of an idea, esp if it doesn't fit well.

Someone suggested getting it tailored, and I'd say the same, IF the quality of the coat was worth the extra price.

But that's my viewpoint right now, IMO. :smile:

I love tweed, but ill fitting and the same price means I'd spring for the trench (plus, trench coats are very enduring, style-wise. :smile: )

Is there such a thing as tweed overkill?

I know it is wildly popular this season, but is it too much?

if you like the 2nd one better you could always take it and get it altered..but if you don't want to take the chance i say go for the better fitted one.. remeber...your going to be wearing it most of the season,not just one day.
hope it turns out good & let us know ur choice :D

Choose the one that fits you better. Trust me you'll look better in it :smile:

Fashion Dilemmas

Ok, so the SA from Burberry just called me today telling me that the trench coat that i have been wanting has finally gone on sale for the second time. It was originally 2k going down to 799. Since I am super broke, I cant afford that even :( but I was thinking of selling my Grenat Balenciaga Weekender to fund for it. The only problem is that I love my Weekender just as much as that trench. What should I pick?? Gorgeous Burberry Trench or Luscious looking Grenat Balenciaga Weekender?? Thanx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->