What do you regret not buying?

baklanyc

Yes, please
Reaction score
About 6 years ago in Paris I saw a trench coat by Christophe Charon that I thought was so cute - a perfectly classic belted khaki trench, except that the lining underneath the collar was hot pink, so that you saw it only when you turned the collar up. I had a khaki coat already so I thought this would be excessive, but ever since then, I have never been able to get it out of my mind, and to this day it represents the perfect Classic With A Twist that I should have gotten. It doesn't help that trenchcoats are so au courant now.:cry:

A $40 top from Urban Outfitters that I still didn't have enough money for. It was a cute blouse with leaf prints and in a wonderful Victorian style that made it look a little quirky.

A bomber jacket at a thrift store for about 10 bucks that I never gave a chance...

Plenty more....

Usually I regret things I have actually bought. But there was this reflective black belt that I saw for only $5 in small vintage store when I was traveling a few months ago and I didn't end up getting it. Now that I'm 3,000 miles away I regret not buying it everyday :( It would have completed so many outfits and it was soo cheap!!!!!!!!

WAY TOO MANY...

Didn't Buy:

- This black Ralph Lauren polo that was covered in embroidered Polo Players, I LOVE IT, it haunts me to this day...I thought it was too label wh*re but who am I kidding?

- Westwood Motorcycle jacket, it was BEAUTIFUL, I loved it, I just couldn't justify it since Im moving, maybe they'll have it (marked down) in a few months...

- Yohji blazer-thing, it was exquisite...See Westwood story

- Hermes White Kelly, I think it was close to being a 40cm, it was huge. It was *only* $5500 but it was beautiful...:doh:

Bought:

- This white Michael Kors safari-esque jacket (S/S 06), I bought it then immediately archived it. The other day my sister and I were going through our archives (AKA parents basement) I put it on and she was like "what's going on!? Why do you look like crocodile dundee!?" Ive actually never worn it except in the house, you know what, Ill wear it tomorrow!

- Dior jewelry that I NEVER wear, it is also archived, I got some of the DiorGolf and Tutenkhamoon stuff from F/W 04, ya, I never wear it...It's also archived (with all my sisters costume jewelry)

Oh lord, Ive gotta go through my archives, which are basically things I got tired of worn or unworn...

I might eBay some of this crap...I know I wont get jack for the Dior jewelry , since eBay is filled with fake Dior jewelry.

I'm sure all of us can think of some stuff they regret not buying. So, tell us!

My own list:

I once saw a great, black leatherjacket in size XXS marked down from 350 $ to 45$. I didn't buy it because i bought another leatherjacket from the same store for alot of money two days before.

I also regret not bidding on this VivienneWestwood-longsleeve on ebay (pic from ebay:(:cry:

37_1.JPG

That's actually all i can think of, but i'm sure there's alot more i regret not buying..

Last fall a nicholas K velvet trimmed jacket thing. It was so cool. :doh: I ended up getting a coat that's almost the same from the same designer, too bad it was about 800$ more money. :doh::doh::doh:
View attachment nicholask.bmp
image from letrainbleu.com

I think we should have a thread called what do you regret buying.. I think that would be quite fun to read!

just_me said:
I think we should have a thread called what do you regret buying.. I think that would be quite fun to read!

I think so too! I was going to post something I regret buying, but I had to post that jacket because it HAUNTS me. :lol:

A pair of lovely leopard print ballet flats I saw in a shop in Aix-en-Provence.
Someone please tell me that leopard print ballet flats are highly tasteless and horrible! They're haunting me.

Leopard flats are so tastles and so horrid...Im glad you didnt buy them

I regret not buying TONS of ******

Last edited by a moderator:
These come to mind occasionally..

pic: bluefly.com

Attachments

• prodImage.jpg
    prodImage.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 488
These Miu Mius:

BGX00HB_mn.jpg

bergdorfgoodman.com

They were on sale for $177 but I waffled and now they're back up again. :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
^Those miu miu are stunning!

I was going to buy then in navy velvet but as usual they diden't have my size.. so I regret not discovering them sooner and buying them, as they are gorg!

Where did you find them?

I usually end up regretting not buying two of something I like. I can almost sense it before it happens. Like I should have bought two of the Behnaz black cardigan from Target, but I only bought one and now can't find it anywhere.

So many things!
I prefer not to remember so I don't sit in misery.

I have that so many times, but after a month I mostly don;t remember it anymore (or don;t want to)

But I went to amsterdam last week and didn't bought this hat because I wasn't sure. So I thought I think about it and buy it another time, but the h&m store near me doesnt sell them :cry:

IMG_5757.jpg

pic from nitrolicious.com (hope you don;t mind?)

pucci_mama said:
^Those miu miu are stunning!

I was going to buy then in navy velvet but as usual they diden't have my size.. so I regret not discovering them sooner and buying them, as they are gorg!

Where did you find them?

They're on Bergdorf's.com for I think about $300 and they just came out in Neimans catalog (not sure why they're so late...) for $395. :smile:

alot of things on net-a-porter that were gone in 2 seconds...

i sometimes regret not being able to buy something because they didn't have my size. does that count?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->