Shopping for... Leggings

ok- that means i am returning the uniqlo leggings i just got...
:lol:...

i was going to get them altered to fit, but if they stretch and sag, that means the fabric is a problem, so the fit will never fix that...

thanks so much for the feedback sidda...:flower:

^ I have a pair and I dont exactly have thin legs & they are baggy on me & then sag through out the day..the fabric is very odd doesnt keep its shape at all..by end of day crotch dropped and baggy knees & all twisted..not a good look!!

thank snowqueen...i returned all the uniqlo leggings...
:P

so-
if anyone cares...
i figured out what i need to get...
ponte leggings...
if anyone can recommend a brand?...

i have ponte pants that i live in and i just need to find a good pair of leggings in the same material and it seems a good number of brands and varying pricepoints are making them now...
i don't think they need to be expensive because ponte is all the same and i don't want anything low waisted, which trendy brands tend to be...
:rolleyes:

leather leggings would be great...
but at an average of $1,000 a pair, i just don't think i would wear them enough to justify the pricetag...
plus, i haven't found a pair of leather leggings that is really comfortable on me...
i'm pretty annoyed that the mmm x hm leather leggings didn't work out actually...
:ermm:

i've got a pair of pleather and lycra leggings that i guess are fine...
at least they satisfy my leather legging craving enough to keep me happy for now...

Last edited by a moderator:
found...
*now i can check that off my list...

:clap:

ok - none of you mentioned the length of the leggings. For me thats the very most important thing...I like leggings to be super long so that they come as low as possible on the ankle. I even like them when they bunch up on the ankle. Like those leggings pakistani women wear under their shalwar kameez.

The only ones i have found that work for me are by Vanessa Bruno and Isabel Marant.....and i'm sure both are a wool/cotton mix - they have an almost sheer quality. I have a wolford pair too but i find them too tight....like tights. so i may as well just wear tights.

I really don't like super tight cotton leggings with lycra esp when they are cropped.

ok - none of you mentioned the length of the leggings. For me thats the very most important thing...I like leggings to be super long so that they come as low as possible on the ankle. I even like them when they bunch up on the ankle. Like those leggings pakistani women wear under their shalwar kameez.

The only ones i have found that work for me are by Vanessa Bruno and Isabel Marant.....and i'm sure both are a wool/cotton mix - they have an almost sheer quality. I have a wolford pair too but i find them too tight....like tights. so i may as well just wear tights.

I really don't like super tight cotton leggings with lycra esp when they are cropped.
i like different lengths for different purposes...
i like the ones like you describe and have a few pairs like that but i hardly ever wear them...probably because i don't wear ballet flats so much and that is what i think looks best with those kinds of leggings...

i wear boots most often...
so you don't even see the length unless it's summer time...
and then it gets too hot here for anything like leggings...
only loose clothing works...

in spring though, i like the ones that you hate-
cotton lycra and cropped to capri length...

for winter- i'm going with the ponte ones for the sake of warmth...

leggings and a big long top is one of my fave things to wear---
in and out of the house...
comfy comfy comfy...

i wear them rather than jeans, which you know i don't like so much...
:innocent:

so- now ponte leggings seem to be everywhere at every pricepoint...
i'm thinking about getting a couple more pairs for everyday...
because now they have finally caught on and have also started making them with a wide waistband so they are much more comfy and flattering...
it's almost overwhelming trying to choose one...

anyone want to suggest a brand of ponte leggings ???

i'm seriously thinking about these from target...
i got some ponte pants from a target designer collab years ago and they are still awesome!
http://www.target.com/p/women-s-ponte-leggings-merona/-/A-17364656

not sure about the front seam though...
i'd prefer smooth front, high waisted in all black...
thick ponte with a decent amount of elasticity...

suggestions welcome...
:flower:

well- after much research, i find that online reviews call HUE high waisted ponte leggings the best, but this means they are also sold out everywhere...
:doh:...

as a second option, i have ordered from target, where i have had luck with both leggings and ponte pants in the past...

if they are good when they arrive, i will order multiple pairs...

*i really hope they are...
i'm tired of looking for leggings...
they all look the same online...
and i simply cannot deal with going all over the place to look at leggings...
:wacko:...

what i really don't get is- with all of their amazing basics- why the *f doesn't uniqlo have mutiple varieties of leggings?!?
except for their jeans kind and their hosiery/heat tech kind...
they really don't have good knit jersey outerwear leggings...
i find it really curious...
do asian women not wear them?!

:unsure:

ok- so ...
the target leggings are awful...
:ninja:...

back they go...
the search continues...

:rolleyes:

Leggings

Hi everyone, what do you think about leggings? Do you wear it? Which colors do you wear? As pants or with a long sweater? :rolleyes:

woah---
thanks runner!
:bounce:

that is fantastic to see...

ano...
what are "yampee leggings"...?
i love these and have never seen anything like this with sort of a legwarmer/sock pattern at the bottom...
http://zozo.jp/shop/andit/goods/8396811/?did=21946797

they call them yampee leggings...
:unsure:...
the only thing i can figure out is maybe it means they are loose or gathered/shirred...?
am i even close?
^_^...

thanks again...i love this...
gonna check them all out for ideas and inspiration...
it's funny how some of the smallest simplest things can be so different from place to place...
japanese leggings seem to be anything other than basic...
kind of like the socks...
all the legwear, i guess...

:clap:

honestly- i LOVE this idea that it's loose only at the bottom and a different colour or pattern...
:heart:...

you are welcome softgrey

I didn't know what yampee is, so checked a bit. what I figured out is yampee is definitely a kind of yam and that yampee is also known as cush-cush. this is one overseas story.

then another is in japan people call it cush cush when something is bunched, gathered, crumply or stacking. for example the ccp half-circle pants (pic below) would look cush cush when worn.

and the two stories above seem to have been mixed here for some reason.
maybe you are seeing the word yampee on the english version of the page ? I'm not seeing it anywhere there. instead, it says cush cush leggings. so I think you are right. yampee leggings should be "loose, gathered/shirred" ones.

they have nya leggings.

mak

Attachments

• ss07.jpg
    ss07.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 1
thanks very much for looking that up and explaining runner dear...
:flower:

never heard the term cush cush...
it's kawaii...
^_^...

the nya leggings are more like footless tights, i guess...
very lightweight...almost sheer...
only in japan would you find that sort of garment with a patch on the ankle like that...
also kawaii...

well- maybe in korea...
they dress pretty kawaii as well...
i wonder how to say adorable in korean...
:lol:...

:innocent:...

that pic of those pants never fails to amaze me...
:shock:...so f-ing good...
in just every single way...
:wub:

thanks for posting that...

fleece lined leggings seem to be the latest innovation in the world of leggings...
i got a pair and have been wearing them...
really warm, i must say...

though they have a bit of a ribbed look and are a bit shiny when they are stretched...
still...
i'm pretty impressed by the added level of warmth...
thought it might make my legs look too thick, but that is not the case at ALL...
they feel good too- all soft against your skin...
^_^

brands seem to have finally figured out what I have been saying for ages...
wider waistband is best...

I usually go for cheap and cheerful with leggings - Primark, New Look and H&M. I have had more expensive ones, but they haven't been so much better. I got a pair of Primark's fleece lined leggings last winter just to see what they were like and was very impressed. Lovely and warm and wash really well. I will be getting some more for this winter.

Spanx is now doing leggings ... which I haven't seen in person...
anyone check them out yet?...
seems like such a no brainer for them and long overdue...
I'm imagining them to be awesome...

anyone got any feedback>?

tia :flower:

Spanx is now doing leggings ... which I haven't seen in person...
anyone check them out yet?...
seems like such a no brainer for them and long overdue...
I'm imagining them to be awesome...

anyone got any feedback>?

tia :flower:

they also have them in moto style and pleather, right? am wanting those, but same with you, waiting to hear feedback first

i got some leggings that have silver stars on them...
the stars are reflective because they are meant for runners and they are reflective for night visibility/safety...

^_^

they make me smile...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->