Short hair

Im in love with Ginnifer Goodwin's hair style right now. My hair seems to be to long & to short at the moment though. I have some shorter layers on top that obviously need to be longer & then the back of my hair & side burns are to long. Letting my hair grow a bit then Im going to get it cut & color it with new Natural Instincts Cream color... Raspberry cream which is a rich medium auburn. Thats the plan for now anyways lol.

i am so undecided about my hair at the moment! this is the most recent picture of me...
24756_229676119996_506749996_804254_6072511_n.jpg

(although in fairness when this was taken i had no access to hair products and had washed my hair with SOAP! so i like to think it looks a tiny bit better than this normally)
basically i had an amazing cut which got me loads and loads of compliments and i really felt it suited me better than any haircut i'd ever had. then i moved away in august, and no hairdresser here seems able to recreate it! (it probably doesn't help that i moved to france, and i'm not perfect at expressing myself in french) they constantly leave the back too long and cut the front section too short - the contrast is what i like, without it i think the cut is pretty boring. now i'm completely undecided whether i should give up on this altogether and just grow it out?

lovely haircut, i have the same problem with a haircut i had, my hairdresser wasn't working for some time so i went to others but it never looked right.
maybe you should search for pictures of your haircut and take them with you so you won't have to explain too much!

sorry! don't know how to edit my posts

so i was wondering if anyone here with this type of haircut

v-b-1.jpg

source: short-haircut-styles.com

has tried curling their hair before? im considering it for prom but i dont wanna look like shirley temple.

I went to a hairdressers recently and apparently if anyone bring in a picture of Victoria Beckham as an example of a haircut they want they make sure they treat them badly because they don't want those types of people coming in. I was shocked! It was quite funny though.

I chopped off my waist length brown hair to a soulder lenght after years of wanting to do so, now I'm thinking of going even shorter. I hated my long hair, it's was so pretty but extremely boring. I had a ponytail all the time because my hair got in the way, it was frizzy etc. I'm thinking of something like this except I don't want the backside to be so short:

Lovely haircuts! Wish I had the guts to get something like that done!

Ahh I just got it all cut off, I thought about doing it this morning and now it's done! I had my stylist leave long pieces in the front...and I have bangs still...so it's like short in the back and longish in the front. Kinda like a reverse mullet hahahahaha! Nah I'm loving it : )

My friend cut my hair in to a pixie this weekend, it looks good, I had been trying to grow it out really long, but eventually I just got so frustrated waiting for mermaid hair, so I chopped it. :blink: :blink:
It looks good, I guess, but I can't wait for it to be longer, I'm officially *not* cutting it til christmas, and then I want Kate Lanphear's hairdo.

I've been rocking the long hair look for some time now. I had a bad experience way back when with a 'bob cut' so i've been growing it out ever since! Im almost 21 and i desperately want a change. From the cuts on you guys i feel inspired and am edging closer and closer to the big chop :D
Here's my hair atm, any suggestions on what kind of cut i should go for?
sorry for the bad quality btw, cheap webcam!

Picture322.jpg

my photobucket.

ohhh i see some cute hairstyles on this thread

i absolutely love the hair at lanvin some years ago i think fw0708
i have been trying to grow my hair out for a while now so i am not game enough to try it!

o5z6sx.jpg

2afk6ts.jpg

r29mc8.png

style.com and screencap from youtube video by fashionTVHot

I like that haircut too. Too bad I never able to wear my bangs that way, I always end up to comb them with pin.

I went to a hairdressers recently and apparently if anyone bring in a picture of Victoria Beckham as an example of a haircut they want they make sure they treat them badly because they don't want those types of people coming in. I was shocked! It was quite funny though.
Gosh, where was this? I see what they mean but still custom is custom no?

I am really into Carey Mulligan´s har at the moment. wavy, short, absolutely wonderful. I need to remind myself everytime seeing her picture that SHORT HAIR DO NOT SUIT ME. because otherwise it would be tears after cutting hair...I need to stay strong! hahah

I think I'm going to chop my hair off today...I have a really round face so I don't know if it will suit me but once I get an idea it's really hard to let go of. :lol: I've never had shorter than chin length though!

I love all the pictures in this thread too...so many beautiful haircuts. :crush:

^you have to try everything at least once!
been there and done that and I totally look up to woman who chop off her hair, it is such a brave thing to do.

I'm growing my hair now but I used to have a pixie cut. It was really, really comfortable, and stylish and flattering on me UNTIL it started to grow :ninja:. At first it's really quite managable, you just cut a bit here a bit there and voila you've got yourself a longer version of a pixie. When I decided I wanted long hair again (I missed being able to pull it back, or braid it) then it became an annoying thing. *sigh*...I'll stop my ranting now.

Anyway, if you're planning on going short (it is a very liberating experience!) I recommend you to have a clear idea of what short hair style you want, yes that means:YOU SHOULD TAKE PICTURES OF THE STYLE YOU WANT with you to the hair salon...believe me it saves you a lot of trouble (and tears when you don't like the end result). Or if you're not sure you can take a few pictures with you to show to your hairstylist and talk about which one would suit your face shape best and whatnot.

And finally...here are some of the short hair inspirational photos I've found:

Attachments

• corto2.jpg
    corto2.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 592
  • corto7.jpg
    corto7.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 591
  • cortokatepunk.jpeg
    cortokatepunk.jpeg
    5.8 KB · Views: 591
  • bsgfre1.jpg
    bsgfre1.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 12
  • bsgfre3.jpg
    bsgfre3.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 15
More...

Attachments

• hairstyles-of-shannyn-sossamon.jpg
    hairstyles-of-shannyn-sossamon.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 8
  • images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    7.4 KB · Views: 590
  • keira-knightley-layered-bob-tousled-brunette.jpg
    keira-knightley-layered-bob-tousled-brunette.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 592
  • japanese14.jpg
    japanese14.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 590
^ I got a Keira Knightley bob and love it! It's so easy to style and comes as a nice change after having long hair.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had short hair a few times. I once had a pixie cut when I was 12 and was in a rebellious phase. Definitely not flattering on me. But I had it cut like Cate Blanchett in that pic once and it was my favorite hair style I've ever had. Whenever summer is coming up I feel like going back to shorter hair again ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"