Should I continue modeling?

jdoukkali

Reaction score
Hey, so I’m a 23 year old male who got scouted and became a model in march 2023, since then I’ve gotten an option for ww exclusive prada ss24, zegna ss25 and now versace ww debut ss25 but haven’t actually been confirmed for any of those, they just keep being let downs. Got rejected today for versace heh ;(

I’m beginning to lose hope and think that maybe it’s too late for shows for me and in your experience is getting these options actually a good indicator or does everyone get these options?

In any career you pursue, you will hear many times no from many people, it's part of life! But it's great that besides modeling, you are also heading towards another profession. Keep trying!

Yeah doing a masters in computer science! Why?

I think as long as you have other pursuits and your modelling career isn’t a detriment to them, you don’t have to quit modelling. I think fashion modelling when you’re a student is a cool side-hustle, like DJing; if credible opportunities arise you should pursue them, but acknowledge very few are able to make a fruitful, long term career of it. I think that you’re even questioning the legitimacy of your modelling career demonstrates that you’ve got a good head on your shoulders and will make the right decision.

Also, if it’s having adverse effects on your mental health, you should definitely stop.

In any work field you are gonna hear "NO" many times but specially in the modeling world, models always talk about how they get more "NOs" than "YES", unless you are already a household name of course.
If you really want it you should continue but the pay for male models is not that great.

It is unfortunately a winner-take-all market. The marginal difference between models is exaggerated due to only needing a few models for a few big brands, and for a short period of time.

I think Paul Rowland has stated his frustration that industry insiders seem to have amnesia in regards to models they "didn't get," and when the model suddenly has a big break, all of a sudden everyone loves them after a haircut or a Meisel booking! Luck, unfortunately, plays an outsized role, and unlike your university that has reliable data on student graduation and success rates due to a strict set of criteria, no such criteria exists even if you are signed to a big agency for a few years.

I've heard of exclusives being rejected in the past, and some highly successful models can take 5+ years to get a big break. It all comes down to your interest in modeling, your risk tolerance, and your financial ability to sustain not making it for some set period of time. Definitely think over it carefully and determine how much time and resources you wish to allot to modeling.

Good luck and know, for a fact, that there is probably nothing wrong with you as a model! :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dafraz117
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->