Jeremy Scott - Designer

I wasn’t always a fan of his work but I got to admit that he did the job. His approach to Moschino was surely different but he always had high standards. He is not the best technician but the clothes were well made, the shows were fun in their own way and of course, in terms of castings, campaigns and overall presentation, it was always top tier.

His Moschino never felt cheap.

Now, let’s hope that he raises the standards at his own brand. Top models everywhere, Meisel and Carlyne…The whole thing!

So when is Law Roach getting announced as his replacement?

He was a perfect fit for the brand, and he never succumbed to this need to be cool with the brand. 10 years is a great time to move on.

somehow Christopher Kane in my mind could be a good fit.

Scott is probably the best match for a brand in my recent memories and his tenure at Moschino proves that he is a very good designer if we compare him to his contemporaries. I have never liked his own brand but I mostly enjoy what he did for Moschino. I actually think that he will be a good fit for Givenchy!

I really did not care for his Moschino whatsoever but it was the right thing at the right time and now that time is over.

An admirable act of humility I have to admit. Never cared for his Moschino but I understood its purpose and approach in the grander scheme of things, and it's brave of him to quit while he's ahead. His approach is also one where you have to question the longevity of it before it becomes too repetitious, with the added risk of doing something too different and people tearing it apart.

Now hopefully this means his namesake will be given a severe facelift. It's still a bit stuck in the Discount Universe/later-Betsey Johnson design framework.

Well... I never did like much his version or that particular strombotic imagen of moschino...I still remember Rosella Jardinis years on that label and she used to have so many great shows, there s a fall winter 2002 where the models parade with 70s music... It was deconstructed interesting... And beautiful. Also 03/04 eighties crazyness with Madonna soundtrack, or the one 2005 spring which was Hawaii with tourists ladies opening. Those for me were great shows with great clothes, Jeremy was like an acid trip... Too gimmicky for my taste.
I wish moschino to go back to something fantasy dreamy (not campy) and fun... But no a dress made of budweisser cans

Nobody would appreciate a bit of bombast back in modern fashion more than me, but Jeremy Scott was more SILLY than anything else. Which is not the word I'd like to use to describe Moschino.

AT BEST, his work was 'fun' at Moschino. At worst, it was chronic cringe. It always felt like he was copying pop culture rather than creating it. I won't miss him one bit but I do fear that whoever replaces him will somehow be even more annoying.

That being said, I always thought Peter Dundas would've made a great match. Maybe even Theyskens?

Chanel should hire him , Chanel needs that light, whimsicalness and above all else strong tailoring which Jeremy has.

Chanel needs also taste, which Jeremy does not have.

I beg to differ, he created a very successful brand and has strong tailoring skills, thats why despite the campiness of Moschino, most of the apparel in stores from Moschino are very well made. Its no wonder even Karl Lagerfeld favored him years ago.

Lagerfeld once told Le Monde magazine that Scott was the only designer that could take over Chanel after him, and just recently, Scott told People he was “thrilled for [Lagerfeld] to have this moment and this honor,” calling the designer his “good friend and mentor.”

Jeremy Scott Is Leaving Moschino After Ten Years

Omg is jeremy scott going to chanel? Didnt jeremy post on IG how karl loved how he work fake chanel.

^ that will never happen! but who i am to make a prophecy....

Jeremy wrote in his post that he’s very excited for what’s to come.

So what’s the leading rumor in the industry: Chanel, Lanvin, Gucci, something else?

Jeremy wrote in his post that he’s very excited for what’s to come.

So what’s the leading rumor in the industry: Chanel, Lanvin, Gucci, something else?

It's definitely not Lanvin or Gucci.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turnipcookie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->