Should I Or Shouldn't I? De La Renta

chanel_girl

Melody Nelson
Reaction score
Oscar De La Renta Look 1 also in white and pink thoughts on this piece? thanks!

I believe carrie wore that dress in SATC only in pink. I think it's a fab fab fab dress.

Originally posted by mehg@Jan 26th, 2004 - 9:00 am
I believe carrie wore that dress in SATC only in pink. I think it's a fab fab fab dress.
She did.

in white would be too perfect for summer parties. and it's a conversation piece besides since it was on sex and the city.

It's a gorgeous dress.. I was so happy when I saw Carrie wearing it with a bolero :blush:

Very charming, very sixties, very sweet! Go for it!! :flower:

I love this topic because that is truly an original dress but it's classic at the same time. I think white would be fab. My perennial question (in the desperate attempt that one time i might be able to afford something:( how much? :flower:

the white is beautiful...but my favorite is that dress in a Black & White floral pattern...again in the Feb. Vogue Editorial called "The Anti-Stilleto"

That is very cute and a classic look. Plus, I love yellow, so I am biased.

If it fits your budget, then why not? I think this is one you could wear pretty much forever.

I love, love, love it. But it seems like an incredibly simple design that is easily reproduced to be such an expensive piece. However, since it is so incredibly classic, it would be able to be worn many times over the coming years without looking dated. That is, if you can manage to keep the same size for the next 30 years. haha :P

so many of you have said that she should buy it because it was on SATC. That's exactly why I would never wear it! A look as iconic as that stands out. Just look how many of you saw SJP wearing it!

I think you'll look like you don't have any style of your own and are just trying to copy someone elses. I think it would be much better to find a dress that has the same feel, but is even BETTER than SJP's. It is possible, you know. And then you'll be making a statement of your own.

ps-the reason someone thought it looked retro is that it's a very good interpretation of a Givenchy dress Audrey Hepburn wore in Bkfst @ Tiffany.

It's a beautiful dress, I would just feel like I was wearing someone elses clothes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->