Show 2013 Antwerp Royal Academy

Scott

Stitch:the Hand
Reaction score
this year marks the 50th anniversary of the academy and to celebrate alongside this year's graduates they brought back the original antwerp "6",who put the academy on the fashion map,for the MA jury proceedings.

Pierre Renaux (i love his technical sensibility)

photoshoot-liquidation-totale-004.jpg

photoshoot-liquidation-totale-008.jpg

photoshoot-liquidation-totale-012.jpg

photoshoot-liquidation-totale-011.jpg

*antwerp-fashion.be/show2013

wim bruynooghe-he did this beautiful transparent stuff made to look like stained glass images

design-drawings.jpg

corset-sportswear-lee-wei-swee.jpg

rubber-transparant-big-dress-lee-wei-swee.jpg

corset-dress-lee-wei-swee.jpg

you can see the full class on the web site. i couldn't post everything since the features were all conceptually different and not all came with lookbook shots.

yeah i think apart from toulouse and vanseveren,yesterday was mostly the first,second and from the images here were third year students which designed based on ethnic costume. tonight is focused purely on the final year class and jury prizes. they should be livestreaming at 8pm local time.

i think this is honestly could be the best final year i've seen since walter took over head of department following linda loppa's departure for polimoda in florence. it's very interesting to see how it's evolved.

yeah his innovation is superb. i love the fabric treatments and he did these 3-d shoes that won a prize. it's got all the innovative sensibility of none other than chalayan but mixed with a lot of that lean,sharp idiosyncratic early-era jurgi persoons.

here's a catwalk shot from diane pernet-

6a00d8341c76e453ef01910362377a970c-pi

*ashadedviewonfashion.com

I went to his Facebook page and it turns out that he's working in Thierry Mugler now. He got some great archives. (P.S. and he's kinda cute too)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->