Shu Uemura Skincare

People are ridiculously scared of putting oil on their faces.

I think it's because people have been told since childhood that fatty oily foods cause break outs.

And people can't differentiate between the oils made by your skin and oils from other sources.

It's only necessary to cleanse once a day though. And the point of cleansing oils is that you combine make up removal and cleansing in one step. So a cleanser it is.

I think it's only necessary for people to cleanse once if their face is neither oily or very dry, but instead in between. I naturally have very oily skin (thanks to my lovely mother), and when I wake up in the morning and at night my skin is very "shiny" and I break out if I don't wash it. Literally, if I accidentally skip cleansing morning or night, my face is hell. Haha.

Oh I'm so confused. My mom got it for me and no one ever explained to me how to use the cleansing oils. So I assumed it was an eye make up remover. :/

How exactly do you use them? HAH

Oh I'm so confused. My mom got it for me and no one ever explained to me how to use the cleansing oils. So I assumed it was an eye make up remover. :/

How exactly do you use them? HAH

All Shu Uemura cleansing oils can be used as a makeup-remover as well as a daily cleanser.

It's recommended that you apply it first onto dry uncleansed face, then put a little bit of water on your hands and massage the oil on top of the skin to kinda fluff it up (like beating eggs). Haha.

Cause if you wet your face first then put it on top, it tends to dribble down. Although I myself feel weird putting a cleanser on my face when it's not wet.

It's best to apply cleanser (oil or not) on dry skin (except when I shave I do soften hairs with a cleansing foam, and for that I get my face damp) because once water is applied to your face you've changed the composition and pH balance of your skin.

On that note, I have not used Shu Uemura skincare, just because if I use a precleansing oil its the Dermalogica Precleanse and I only use that for removing sunscreen before a cream cleanser.

I think it's only necessary for people to cleanse once if their face is neither oily or very dry, but instead in between. I naturally have very oily skin (thanks to my lovely mother), and when I wake up in the morning and at night my skin is very "shiny" and I break out if I don't wash it. Literally, if I accidentally skip cleansing morning or night, my face is hell. Haha.
Nope. There's no need to cleanse in the morning (only if you forgot doing it at night :judge:) because there is nothing that needs to be removed. You only need to use a toner + moisturizer in the morning. If you cleanse two times a day all you do is aggravate your skin, meaning more oil being produced. I have combination skin (oily t-zone), and I definitely benefit from NOT cleansing in the morning.

BTW this cleansing oil is so effective at removing waterproof mascara, I've never seen anything like it :shock: Must be all the delicious mineral oils it contains :lol:

Nope. There's no need to cleanse in the morning (only if you forgot doing it at night :judge:) because there is nothing that needs to be removed.

I very much disagree. It completely depends on your skin type and what works for you may not work for other people.

The Shu cleansing oils are amazing and it shouldn't aggravate your skin if you get the right one for your skin type. I find oil in general amazing for my skin and I have combination skin iwth a very oily T-zone. I still use the Shu oil every day and also use Bio Oil at night. I never break out and don't have any wrinkles yet!

I got several Shu Uemura samples yesterday, two of the Sensitive cleansing oil, and one luxury deluxe sample size of another oil just called Cleansing Beauty Oil. I'm a bit concerned as the second ingredient however is Mineral Oil. :shock::cry:

I got several Shu Uemura samples yesterday, two of the Sensitive cleansing oil, and one luxury deluxe sample size of another oil just called Cleansing Beauty Oil. I'm a bit concerned as the second ingredient however is Mineral Oil. :shock::cry:
I use it every night, and my skin hasn't changed for the worse. Sometimes I think that certain cosmetic companies just made some bad stuff about mineral oil up in order to sell more of their own mineral oil-free products :innocent:

^^Which do you use? I havent had a reaction to mineral oil in a long time, I just overanalyze the possibilities when I see it listed. :lol::rolleyes:

^You must try them! They are cleansers after all, so they go off your face very fast. There isn't that whole mineral oil "film" leftover too! Did you get the Cleansing Beauty Oil A/I or A/O? A/O is most popular in the States apparently. I am dying to try the A/I because it has the best packaging... :lol: But I should finish up my current oils first :ninja:

Mineral oil will not clog your pores, if that's what you're wondering. I find cleansers that have oils in them better for the skin since it isn't as drying as oil-free cleansers.

^You must try them! They are cleansers after all, so they go off your face very fast. There isn't that whole mineral oil "film" leftover too! Did you get the Cleansing Beauty Oil A/I or A/O? A/O is most popular in the States apparently. I am dying to try the A/I because it has the best packaging... :lol: But I should finish up my current oils first :ninja:

I'm guilty of buying products just so I can get the latest packagings that are limited edition.:lol:

Mineral oil will not clog your pores, if that's what you're wondering. I find cleansers that have oils in them better for the skin since it isn't as drying as oil-free cleansers.
It has been known, though, to clog some people's pores, and for awhile, about a year and a half ago I used a serum/toner that gave me a nasty cyst that didnt go away for over a month, it was definitely this serum that did it, and without looking at ingredients like a fool I just was like, 'oh La Prairie, no worries' and bought it, and looked at ingredients later, mineral oil right there in first five ingredients.

So that's why I am always leery of it. I do know that many oils are beneficial for all skin types, even oily, I have an aesthetician license (even in school they discuss how mineral oil is pore-clogging, right up there with petroleum jelly/mineral oil both clog pores on some individuals)

I however have a cream that I on occasion will use that has mineral oil in it (its been reformulated which irks me off because La Prairie never used something as cheap as mineral oil--seriously, its the cheapest ingredient, CHEAPEST OIL on the market, there's no need for it in ingredients) and I do not seem to break out, so the La Prairie serum was the culprit for sure. Sorry La Prairie. Still love u.

I'm going to use one of the Shu Uemure oils tonight first just like I would precleanse, wet it for lather and then cleanse with La Prairie. B)

Did you get the Cleansing Beauty Oil A/I or A/O? A/O is most popular in the States apparently. I am dying to try the A/I because it has the best packaging...
the A/I. Do you know more about it? The packaging even for a sample is very nice. B)

^The A/I is the most popular choice for dry skin! It will leave your skin feeling very soft without the annoying mineral oil film. I think it's because of the lather. The makeup removing power isn't as good as the other oils though, but that's not something you have to worry about. :wink: The A/I packaging is actually very different from the other oils. It looks very matte - love it! Do tell me how you like it!

beit_oil_05_v.jpg

wmagazine.com

I think that it doesn't really matter that there is mineral oil in the cleanser...it doesn't sit on your skin for very long, it shouldn't have that much of an effect?

^^Good point. I just am overly cautious and obsessive-compulsive, think too much into things. :D
I will use this later today after I come back from my run, let you know how it worked out.

I think that it doesn't really matter that there is mineral oil in the cleanser...it doesn't sit on your skin for very long, it shouldn't have that much of an effect?

Agreed. And it also helps prevent over drying of the skin. And over drying of the skin leads to over production of oil which leads to pimples. So if pimples is what you're worried about, then most cleansers that don't contain the right moisturizers or are harsh can actually do more harm than help.

Most Shu Uemura cleansing oils I've used haven't been really harsh so they're a very safe bet for a good daily cleanser.

I'm not worried about pimples, I never get them, and the cleansers I use have good ingredients...I'm firm in my stance though that mineral oil is a useless ingredient to put in products, but as long as it doesnt react on my skin, I'll use it if there are amazing benefits to be had from usage of the product. In my case I'll only use a cleansing oil to remove sunscreen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->