Sienna Miller & Balthazar Getty Affair

Sienna should just lie very low for a while

suing the paper just keeps the whole thing in the news.

thought Sienna and Rhys broke up before all this?...

Yup, they did, but they broke up fairly recently. :flower: I'm not sure when though. But that probably makes seeing his ex frolicking topless on the beach with another guy a very... pleasant experience. :ninja:

This tread is very funny.

I love how people get outraged when a celebrity does something that is mildly controversial.
Hollywood is the most depraved place in the whole universe. Sienna is super tame by the entertainment industry standards.
Why expect moral righteousness from entertainers? They are here to amuse us, not to show us the way to spiritual enlightenment (except Angelina Jolie, of course).
Beside, why the hate on Sienna? She is single and can do whatever she wants. It is her married boyfriend who should get the bitching: he is the one who made promises and didn't keep them. And please don't give me the 'men can be stolen' nonsense. If any woman can 'take' your man so easily, he wasn't yours in the first place.
But I always forget how women love to hate on their own gender.

At least those who read gossip magazines and follow celebrities lifestyles will have something to 'amuse' themselves with. :rolleyes:

I really despise girls that go after other men, they are both in the wrong.. but women can generally have anyone they want...getting guys is so easy...and she can be a sl*t all she wants, everyone in London knows she is anyway..:innocent:

The issue is that here is no need to go after a married man..with kids as well, it shows that she is utterly childish have no respect and does not care about anyone but herself.

I really don't understand the vitriol people have towards this whole situation. I mean they are just celebrities, it's not your own life, and who cares? How does it affect you? Yeah - it's a really shady thing to do but we're not in the Getty marriage or the Sienna/Balty relationship so no one really knows the dynamics. I feel bad because I don't think Sienna realizes that this is going to hurt her more than him (in terms of reputation), but I don't know why people spend so much time going on and on about their relationship. I'm not specifically saying anyone in this thread, I'm talking about the media, etc. By going on and on about how terrible the thing is and poor Rosetta, they are putting more emphasis and public attention on it, and embarrassing her more.

A lot of people care. I care, and that doesn't mean I don't have a busy life of my own and plenty of interests outside of gossiping about people I will never meet. Following the way public figures conduct their lives is a way of gauging our own morals, values, and belief systems. While I do agree that some people (and certainly the media) let celebrity worship/trashing/gossip take over too much of their lives, I also think that showing an interest - and having some kind of emotional reaction - to how a famous person behaves is a natural component of participating in your community and culture.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't agree. I don't think people should gauge their morals by public figures, we all know that hollywood has a different set of moral values, far removed from the norm, and are allowed to get away with a lot more and still earn a living and receive respect. I don't think being emotionally tied to any sort of public figure is indicative of participating in the culture of your community. Expressing interest or an opinion, sure, but not any sort of real moral outrage

By gauging I meant evaluating and judging one's own morals, not those of others. By looking at others, no matter how different their moral compass is from ours, we begin to understand more about ourselves. I am not suggesting that it is natural or healthy to be emotionally invested in the lives of celebrities, and I resent that the media often encourages us to be. But nor do I think it's silly or insignificant to be affected on some level by a celebrity's comments or behavior when they touch on an issue (in this case marriage and fidelity) that is close to your heart. And that reaction is informed by one's sense of community and culture, not just one's personal character and curiosity.

US Weekly features all her nude holiday photos prominently in this week's issue and basically talk about how shameless she is being. But they try to say her mother is exhausted by the whole thing...please...her mom looked fine on vacay with them!

At least those who read gossip magazines and follow celebrities lifestyles will have something to 'amuse' themselves with. :rolleyes:

I really despise girls that go after other men, they are both in the wrong.. but women can generally have anyone they want...getting guys is so easy...and she can be a sl*t all she wants, everyone in London knows she is anyway..:innocent:

The issue is that here is no need to go after a married man..with kids as well, it shows that she is utterly childish have no respect and does not care about anyone but herself.

very well said :flower:!

is Sienna over him already? Well who knows...

There is nothing like being photographed with a topless hottie to make you realize how much you love your wife.

Our sources say -- and they are impeccable -- Balthazar has resorted to e-groveling with his e-stranged wife, Rosetta. He has been sending her e-mails in the last week saying, "I love you."

Balthazar announced earlier this week that he and Rosetta had separated after pictures of him with an au naturale Sienna Miller surfaced all over the 'net. We're told if the divorce goes on, Balthazar will come out looking awful. For starters, he basically lived off her until he got his recent TV gig (he's the grandson of a billionaire, but hasn't gotten his $$ yet). But the person who will come out looking even worse, we're told, is Sienna Miller.

Stay tuned

http://www.tmz.com/2008/07/25/balthazer-nudie-pics-make-the-heart-grow-fonder/

Balthazar Getty 'begs his wife to take him back in grovelling emails' after being snapped cavorting with topless Sienna
Just days after Balthazar Getty announced his marriage to the mother of his four children is over it has been reported he is begging her to take him back.
The love-rat actor said his marriage to Rosetta Getty was over this week after pictures of him and a nearly nude Sienna Miller cavorting on a boat on the Amalfi coast were revealed.

But US celebrity website www.TMZ.com reports Balthazar, 33, is desperate to get his wife back.
article-1038800-01ABD17000000578-80_224x380.jpg
article-1038800-0214060900000578-266_224x377.jpg

Sienna Miller got her man Balthazar Getty - but it might not be for long as he is apparently trying to get his wife back

The site says: 'Our sources say - and they are impeccable - Balthazar has resorted to e-groveling with his e-stranged wife, Rosetta.
'He has been sending her e-mails in the last week saying, "I love you."'
It goes on: 'We're told if the divorce goes on, Balthazar will come out looking awful.
'For starters, he basically lived off her until he got his recent TV gig (he's the grandson of a billionaire, but hasn't gotten his dollars yet).'
article-1038800-01C96D0C00000578-955_468x286.jpg

Balthazar and wife Rosetta, who is said to be 'humiliated' by the affair

Balzathar said in his statement this week: 'The breakdown of a marriage is a very difficult and painful experience especially when children are involved.
'In light of the fact that many pictures have surfaced in print and on the internet which has caused myself and my family great embarrassment, I felt it necessary to at least acknowledge publicly that, yes indeed, my wife and I have separated and I will not be commenting any further.'
Yet it has been Sienna, 26, whose reputation has been left in tatters.
A number of US blogs have branded her a home 'homewrecker' with 'no morals'.
It has also been reported the couple plan to move in together.
dailymail

exactly, how does one trust anyone after that?
i always wonder what it would be like to have a child with someone that leaves you nevermind 4. she is probably torn, if she is considering,because most people stay together to keep things normal for kids.

Love storm sees stunned 'Serial Miller' run home to dad in New York

article-0-01ABD17000000578-280_233x423.jpg

Stunned: Sienna wants a low profile after her colourful love life

Just a fortnight ago, she was pictured frolicking topless on a yacht with her new multi-millionaire actor boyfriend, but Sienna Miller has spent the past week in hiding after being snubbed by friends on both sides of the Atlantic.
The 26-year-old actress, who has been nicknamed ‘Sluttyienna’ and ‘Serial Miller’ because of her increasingly long list of lovers, has fled to New York – where her father, banker Ed Miller, lives – to escape the backlash over her affair with Balthazar Getty, 33, I can report.
Sources close to the GI Joe star say she has been ‘stunned’ by the fallout since her affair with the married father of four was revealed.
‘Her PR team in the UK had no idea about the affair because she kept it a secret from them,’ says my source.
‘When they tried to do damage limitation, it was too late. They are very worried about the effect this will have on her career.
'So much so they have taken to photographing journalists who write about Sienna.’
The source added: ‘Sienna is on an option to make two more GI Joe movies, which will make her a fortune, but there is genuine concern about how this negative publicity will affect the promotion around the first movie, which is due to come out next summer.’
Sienna has told friends she plans to keep a low profile for the rest of this summer.
Meanwhile, Balthazar has returned to Los Angeles to be with his children, and sources in Hollywood say his estranged wife, designer Rosetta Millington, has started an anti-Sienna team among her chums.

'Sienna could not stay in London for fear of bumping into her ex, Rhys Ifans, whom she dumped in June, or worse, his friends who hate her,’ explains a source close to the actress.
‘She also got the message that she wasn’t very welcome in LA. Rosetta is very powerful and well connected.
'Patricia Arquette is a childhood friend and Demi Moore is one of her best friends. Naturally none of them will be inviting Sienna over for tea.’
A spokesman for Sienna declined to comment last night, but it sounds to me as though she might have to put hunting for a house in the Hollywood Hills on hold for a while.
dailymail

I know Rosetta is well known in LA and has a lot of friends but please...Demi Moore and Patricia Arquette...

They have zero power, and if Sienna has some big hits along the way, she will easily be taken in by the Hollywood A-list. Afterall that town is full of plastic faces and she is at her prime age...

Yeah, but you know, in LA and NY, the circles are small. There may be a lot of people, but there is really just a small community of people who have influence...even if a lot of them are d-listers.
So, I wonder if he will try to make it work with Rosetta. She seems way cooler.

Is Rosetta some kind of socialite - does she come from a wealthy family? I hear that she was supporting her husband for all these years?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OhLaLaLa
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->