Signé Chanel : Documentary on Haute Couture F/W 04.05

I watched the whole thing, and it was so amazing and so inspiring. I'm really disappointed that HC is a dying art. So many people are all about instant gratification.

I watched the whole thing, and it was so amazing and so inspiring. I'm really disappointed that HC is a dying art. So many people are all about instant gratification.
I wouldn't say it's dying. In fact, I'd say that it's going through a revitalization period!

I don't think that time is the big issue with couture...it's probably the prices.

When the Director of the Federation de la Couture doesn't agree, you tend to think otherwise.
Well, yes. It's a dying art in that there used to be hundreds of designers under the haute couture label and now there are less than 20, if not ten...

but I don't think that it's anywhere close to dead.

when it fisnished i wished it was few episodes longer ^_^

I just discovered this in anticipation for Lagerfeld Confidential. I love Karl and Chanel even more.

^^Yeah! I used to be indifferent towards Chanel and Karl, but after watching Signe Chanel I'm obsessed with Karl and everything he does!

^^ i was already obsessed wih karl before watching it... just imagine how deeply obsessed i am now!!!!

spiceboy me too!

All these Loic Prigent documentairies, does anyone know if they will be shown in the US on IFC again (not just Signe Chanel)? How come we don't get Arte type documentaries about fashion here, its not fair.

educo, what is your avatar? Sam Taylor-Wood?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just watched Signe Chanel on YouTube, all five episodes in four parts each. Is this available on DVD yet?

The craftspeople behind the scenes, including M. Karl, are amazing. I love the shoemaker down the street.

it is set to reair on the sundance channel on monday, february 4 at 4:30pm EST...
all episodes will run in a row if you want to record them...:flower:

i found this a while ago on youtube and fell in love with it instantly! so amazing :heart:

bump*

Can anyone verify..
Is the documentary really about Fall 2004?
There is a scene with a model walking across the atelier, a fitted or lantern sleeve with flared cuff.. in chiffon.. I am sure it was white...
But I was at elle.com and I cannot find this outfit! :o

Yes, it's that season. I remember the scene where the workers had their own "show" and the white halter dress with black tweed piping was shown.

thank you^
i will have to rewatch the series to find the top :ninja:

whenever i see the tweed i think of the braid lady :P

yes, adore the tweed woman. loved that she had to rush home after the fashion show to take care of her hens.

the documentary says it in the beggining: may 2004, when they show the cruise collection and then the couture collection can begin... which means that yes, it is the 2004/2005 fall winter couture collection.

maybe you saw the look in white because it was the "toile" model and not yet made in the final fabric. can you make a screen cap of the particular look? :P

you must be right, it was a toile
i didn't know muslin used for toile could be so light. a garment would look nice in it ^^ i thought maybe it was in chiffon but i see now it's stiffer, more opaque.

here is the screencap i took, i hope you can see it well enough
picture4ri6.png

i couldn't find the scene where she is all dressed with heels and all, wearing this, and i believe Karl was in the room. it was in the evening. she did a walk as well
i looked through all the scenes and couldn't find it...
but i believe it is this one^

a drawing
picture7xo6.png

i don't think i even saw this sleeve in the whole collection.

picture8ay1.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DamascoTricepudo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->