Silk head scarves S/S 06

Where to buy scarves (style.com)

main8_left.jpg
main8_right.jpg

ahhh how i :heart: scarves! they are so adaptable! i bought the cutest silk square neckscarf yesterday; white with illustrated red hearts all over it in different sizes... :heart: i'd really love some pucci scarves!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love scarves, they are very versatile.

I have a silk printed scarf I bought in Australia that I wear with pearls or wrapped around my headband on my head or wrapped around my headband as a belt around the waist, or just a regular scarf. It's so versatile!

I have been a big fan of scarves since highschool. There are a lot of different ways you can use a scarf to make an outfit more interesting.

Back when I had long hair, I would tie a scarf around the top of my ponytail and braid it in with the hair, then use the loose ends to tie off the end of the braid, which looked pretty cool.

Or sometimes, I would tie it in a huge bow on the back of my head, like a little Victorian girl.

Now that my hair is short and spiky, I sometimes pull the front of it forward and tie a scarf around the crown of my head and let the ends hang loose down my back. It's kind of punky. It was inspired by some pictures I saw of Japanese girls who had similar haircuts, where it is all short, but the top and front is a little longer and made all spiky with gel. The way I wear the scarf is a little like Nicole Ritchie's ubiquitous hairbands, but it looks tougher because I have a more wild haircut and use gel to make it messy and spiky.

I also like scarves for belts.

I don't wear them around my neck, however. For me, it just doesn't feel or look natural. I think the look may be too demure and preppy for me.

The chanel scarf is gorgeous :heart: I also like the christian lacroix one too. Seeing all of the ways to wear scarves really makes me want to purchase one

Avant Garde thanks for bringing this up:flower:

i adore scarves especially gorgeous printed ones and the good old practical wooly ones^_^

i have yet to find a way to incorperate my lovely printed ones into my wardrobe, ones is black white and grey in a swirly sort of pattern and the other its navy and white polka dots:heart:

Your welcome lena and elegance :flower: . I think scarves look great on everyone, as long as its worn the right way. I dont really like it when scarves are worn as belts though

I love scarves and would like to try out this trend. However, I'm afraid it'll make me look old. I think the prints I have are very "mature." I should buy myself some Pucci scarves.

I adore this look, but it comes and goes as more of a basic staple for me. I have so many... I got about 15 new vintage silk scarves for christmas - my dear grandmother found a basket full of them at an antique shop somewhere and bought the entire basket full for me. :D my hair is quite long so I can do a few different things with them, but I usually tie them around a messy gibson-girl style updo, or just wear them with my hair down, headband style. it's so versatile though, people of any length of hair can pull them off well, as ayli demonstrates.:flower:
recently I've been trying to muster the courage to try wearing them in a triangle - sort of russian peasant style. somehow it seems a lot more appropriate for summer though...so it may have to wait.

^ Sounds very nice Utopia! :flower:

Some people are able to pull of head scarves very nicely. It doesn't suit my style at all, but I am sure it can look nice on others. I just feel like silk scarves look a bit too "bourgeois"....

whats wrong with looking bourgeois?!

I like to wear them tied around my head when i'm cleaning (like the knot being on top of my head, as opposed to underneath my hair). It makes me feel more into it :lol:

Meg said:
whats wrong with looking bourgeois?!

I have nothing against it... But it simply wouldn't look right on someone like me because it is not my style at all...

Silk scarves are too "bourgeois" in my opinion to be worn with jeans/flip flops.... When I think of head scarves, I am thinking of some really elegant outfit/dress... Maybe I am too difficult? ^_^

In my opinion, silk scarves can only be pulled off with proper styling.

maybe it's the quebecois coming out in you?! :wink: :heart:

Kimkhuu said:
Silk scarves are too "bourgeois" in my opinion to be worn with jeans/flip flops.... When I think of head scarves, I am thinking of some really elegant outfit/dress... Maybe I am too difficult? ^_^

I must have a completely different understanding of what it means to be or appear "bourgeois." :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigsadrn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->