Snow White Film Thread

here's an interview with Charlize from the set, there's also Colleen in the vid, in the second one it's Kristen talking on set:

Last edited by a moderator:
Snow White and the Huntsman - First Trailer

from what I've seen from the trailers, it seems like Mirror, Mirror will be a film for kids, while Snow White and the Huntsman will adress to teenagers and young adults...So I guess there can't be a comparison between the two of them

SO this is why Viggo left SWATH. I did not read the very first draft, read the other one and from my POV it was not that good but who knows..

You've had stretches that last over a year where you turn down all your movie offers, and recently, Snow White and the Huntsman went after you to no avail. Is there a reason you're hanging back?

I was offered that and I wanted to do it, and I wanted to do the script I was offered, but the script changed radically. It was no longer the movie I was gonna do, and it bore no resemblance to it, really.
It was already very tight on another movie I was shooting and I would have had to do it back to back, and after it changed completely, it just wasn't what I signed up for. Much as I would have liked to be in a big, interesting movie, the timing just wasn't right. Also, over the past few years, I've had other reasons to step away — not just because of work, but because of family health problems. In fact, the first time David offered me the role of Freud, I couldn't do it because of personal reasons — I just wasn't available to do that or any other movie. But then when Christoph Waltz left the movie quite late in preproduction because he decided to do a big studio movie, David contacted me again and asked me if things had changed, if I could find a window to do it. I think if another director had asked me to do this role, I might have hesitated more, because it just seemed like a big stretch. But I'm certainly glad I did it; I learned a lot and had a lot of fun.

so finally, we're getting the other side of the story. he didn't mention script change before, he just said he couldn't do it cus of his parents being ill.
THR reported Universal declined to give him a hefty paycheck and a part in the boxoffice earning, then Viggo started negotiating for Superman role and in the end lost both of the roles so there's that too.

To be fair I don't think he has ever talked about that particular drop out directly.

And to be honest I really understand why he dropped out. The drafts I read way before filming starts and the one I saw on set was not so stellar either.

Charlize is just absolutely breath taking in that trailer, so i will be seeing it just for her because I don't care for Kristen

Can't believe they are releasing SWATH in the UK the exact same day as Prometheus in the UK. I don't think Charlize can duplicate herself.

The premiere are the same day. I don't know if those are the avant premiere but from IMDB SWATH was supposed to premiere the 6th of June in the UK but they moved it to the 1st and Charlize Prometheus premiere has always been the 1st of June. So I don't know if it's when the movie will be out in theatre or if it's the avant premiere..If it's the latter one less outfit for Charlize'fans :(

Last edited by a moderator:
^ That's weird considering they never have had to do any premiere's on the same day before in London. The movies can be released the same day but if the premiere is going to be in Leicester Square or Westfield Mall then they will be different days.

on imdb they show the premieres for the public so I guess the avants could be in different days.

i think it is almost impossible for the two premieres to happen on the same day. usually the movies have their "premieres" in UK 2-3-4 days before the release day, plus i'm pretty sure Charlize is contract-bound to appear and do promotion for both and her team will probably have some input in dates of the premieres. i doubt Universal or Scott's company will risk a no-show from one of their leading roles actress. :smile:

I mentioned somewhere in this thread that Snow White wasn't the only fairytale getting the Live Action treatment. Another one is Hansel and Gretel, which will star Gemma Arterton and Jeremy Renner. And now, a new still from the film has been released:

hansel-gretel_510.jpg

It's official title is "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters." There's an interview with Gemma and Jeremy at this link.
entertainmentweekly

^Humm... it sounds odd but interesting. And I like Gemma Arterton, she's a good actress. So it'll be interesting to see how this film does, I hadn't herd of it until now.

Also, I was thinking, since it seems like a lot of fairytale themed movies have been coming out lately, Sleeping Beauty (2011) being another one, maybe this thread title should be changed to fairytale themed films or something? Or another thread could be created to include other fairytale themed movies? Just an idea...^_^

Gemma would have made the perfect Snow White, she's so so pretty, but I can't wait to see Hansel and Gretel.

Opening up SWATH the same day than Prometheus = not a good idea BO wise. Especially since they want to appeal to male audience as well. In term of action, iconic director and iconic project it's a no brainer IMO. And yes, Gemma would have made an incredible Snow white but I am more than glad she didn't do SWATH :smile:

New trailer from The Huntsman´s pov :smile:
in spanish though...

So they're really doing POV by POV as some guessed, good. SW's probably going to be the last one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theaucourant
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->