Someone Makes A Comment On Your Heels, Response?

Originally posted by eloes@May 9th, 2004 - 11:08 pm

I always give compliments when someone is wearing something that I like! Even strangers :ninja: . I figure it's a nice way to make people feel good about themselves. I love to get compliments, so I figure I may as well spread the love. I've never had anyone act weirded-out by my comments, even random people I don't know--just flattered.

same here... :flower:

i get comments pretty often...but usually it's just
'the look'...you know... the stare as they walk by or the once over as you're waiting to cross the street...and the elevators and subways too... whatever...i'm just as guilty of that...especially if i like what someone is wearing..it's usually a compliment...

gucci got the look while we were out in london... :P :wink:

haha, true, I got the look. I wasn't sure what the guy was looking at though, my look back was a bit more aggressive :(

You must get THOUSANDS of compliments for your shoes, I loved them :heart:

Sometimes if I'm bored waiting for a bus or something I'll play a little game where I check out the shoes, bags and clothes of women walking by. Sometimes they catch me looking at them though and shoot me an evil glare. :lol:

Originally posted by ahhGucci@May 11th, 2004 - 2:03 pm
haha, true, I got the look. I wasn't sure what the guy was looking at though, my look back was a bit more aggressive :(

You must get THOUSANDS of compliments for your shoes, I loved them :heart:
aahgucci-you looked good and not like everyone else...that's all...

the look you gave him back was definitely NOT friendly...hahaha :P

let them look...let them look...let them ALL look...hahaha... :flower:

thx for the compliment on my shoes...but i told you...it's always guys who like them..they're too butch for most girls... :wink: :P they definitley attract attention though...i'm so used to it now i barely notice....hm... :P

Sorry bout the stare back, wasnt sure what he was looking at, its the street hood in me, it comes out once in a blue moon. (Im peaceful, I dont start anything, but growing up in the city teaches you a few things)
I hope a school blazer trend doesn't start up in London now :unsure:

On topic: I don't wear heels, Im a guy, but I do get compliments for my shoes. I say thanks, thats all really. I get more compliments for my belts though. Thanks softie :smile:

I always meet people who like something i am wearing(when i make the effort to dress up :lol: ) and i thank them, if they ask i'll tell them.

On any item a stranger ask I say thank you and if I feel like it then I'll say where I got them from..but usually they have to ask... though is if its a designer thing so not to be a b*tch, I just go A gift. I dont know where my bf(or mother or sister or bro etc.) got it from. After that If they must ask a designer then I will tell them and go.
Friends, I dont care with most, but certain friends at school I'm weary of..they think I'm stuck up for wearing designer...I hear what they say when I'm not around :rolleyes: ...I have a lil bird that tells me. :lol:

Eh, lady was drilling me on my shoes today...I walked in the mall and 2 girls said love the shoes then a 3rd girl was like where did u get it?how much? whos it by? where is that store at?....I told her its BCBG, don't know how much cuz I got it from a preview of stuff, they just gave it to me. ANd she kept INSISTING where is a BCBG store that would have it?...I wouldnt know I told her, just go to a near by store and find out..then she kept asking me where is the store and how expensive is the shoes...I did have an idea of how much the shoes were but I was like no clue the price or the store location.THis went on for 5 more times until my friend saved me. :wacko:

i usually just say thanks a lot :smile: i dont really elaborate further unless im prodded, but strangers frm where im from usually dont ask :smile:

Well I finally complimented a woman today on her boots, knee highs with steel effect heels and I said that they really looked nice and ventured out further with a "how can anyone walk in such thin heels?"

She just laughed and said I was the 12th person who had asked her the same thing that morning alone!! She likes the boots because they give her a bit of extra height (which is a little strange, 5'10 or so isnt exactly short) but she thanked me warmly for the compliment, flashed a smile and went on her way.

I wont make it a habit though :innocent:

Originally posted by sbbbjm@May 6th, 2004 - 9:33 pm
if it was something i totally splurged on and spent a high dollar on, i say it was gift.
Why lie about it being a gift? I don't understand. If you are going to ask me, I'm going to tell you the truth. That's the risk of asking questions. Sometimes you are not going to get the answer that pleases you the most. If you don't like the fact I spent my hard earned money on an expensive item than too bad for you. You shouldn't have asked. I'm not going to lie and say I bought it at Walmart just to make you feel better. I just don't understand.

maybe it's not really lying...maybe it's being discreet?...not sure...don't do it myself... :P

usually its people who can afford what i got who ask. i tell them with no probs.
:wink:

I usually say, "oh, thank you...."
I have a friends who always says, "thanks...they cost me...."
:rolleyes:
Why do you have to tell how uch you paid??? I always tell her it's tacky....

Originally posted by dr.shoegal+May 15th, 2004 - 7:43 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dr.shoegal @ May 15th, 2004 - 7:43 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-sbbbjm@May 6th, 2004 - 9:33 pm
if it was something i totally splurged on and spent a high dollar on, i say it was gift.
Why lie about it being a gift? I don't understand. If you are going to ask me, I'm going to tell you the truth. That's the risk of asking questions. Sometimes you are not going to get the answer that pleases you the most. If you don't like the fact I spent my hard earned money on an expensive item than too bad for you. You shouldn't have asked. I'm not going to lie and say I bought it at Walmart just to make you feel better. I just don't understand. [/b][/quote]
I was kind of wondering the same thing. Granted, the most expensive thing I own is my pair of Doc Marten 20-eyelet boots, which cost me around $110, but still.

Then again, I don't usually tell people how much I spent on a dress or outfit or accessory. Well, if it was one of my close friends asking and I had got a hella good deal I might brag a little about it, but otherwise, I just say thanks, and maybe say where it came from. Most of my stuff is from secondhand stores or home-made, though, so giving its provenance isn't probably that helpful to somebody who is wanting to get a similar piece, unless they wanted to pay me to copy it for them.

Originally posted by dr.shoegal+May 15th, 2004 - 7:43 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dr.shoegal @ May 15th, 2004 - 7:43 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-sbbbjm@May 6th, 2004 - 9:33 pm
Why lie about it being a gift? I don't understand. If you are going to ask me, I'm going to tell you the truth. That's the risk of asking questions. Sometimes you are not going to get the answer that pleases you the most. If you don't like the fact I spent my hard earned money on an expensive item than too bad for you. You shouldn't have asked. I'm not going to lie and say I bought it at Walmart just to make you feel better. I just don't understand. [/b][/quote]
I second that!

i usually smile and say "thanks," and sometimes (but not quite often) throw a label-name in there as well.

i get quite a lot of complements on my shoes which i always nice, i love the attention haha, if i get a complement i smile and say thank you, if they ask anymore i'll tell them, what have i got to hide? :smile:

I'm not a shoe-a-holic, and here in Prague you don't get many nice shoe shops, so when my parents go to Italy and bring me a pair of great shoes and I wear them..I just get the 'eye'. since this place isn't exactly, ahem, fashion crazee..
the only place I can get compliments are in my favourite shops from the sales women..miss sixty, replay & sons, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->