Sonam Kapoor

In London today, promoting Aisha:

untitledaj51.png

sonam-kapoor.net

I saw it last week. She is really cute in it..

I watched it for the second time today, and it is a lovely film. Sonam and Imran look great together, and although her style in the film isn't anything spectacular she looks gorgeous!

I can't wait to see Aisha now, her and Abhay seem to have fantastic chemisty, the storyline is interesting and oh the clothes:heart:

Forget Sonam, Anil could pass as her brother. He looks amazing for his age.

Dior and Chanel make fashion waves in Bollywood

C_71_article_1311686_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

Bollywood fashionista, actress Sonam Kapoor has tied up with designer fashion houses Salvatore Ferragamo, Christian Dior and Chanel for her latest role in the highly anticipated Aisha.

A modern adaptation of Jane Austen’s Emma, translated to Delhi’s high society, Aisha has become the first Bollywood film to have an association with Christian Dior to this extent.

Sixty Dior dresses and accessories are worn by Sonam and the other cast members with Sonam sporting Lady Dior throughout most of the film.
Sonam says getting styled "was a party" and after shopping trips to New York and London and outfits borrowed from various reputable closets, Sonam was wearing every designer label you can think of including even Christian Lacroix, Ayesha Depala, Manish Arora, DLF Emporio and Portico.
Vice President of Portico, Pallavi Tibrewal says the brand is to introduce 10-12 designs for the Portico ‘Aisha’ Collection which are due to launch around the release of the film and even L’Oreal Paris is planning to promote their ‘Aisha’ range with television commercials in association with the imagery from the film.

Sonam Kapoor recently joined the L’Oreal Paris Dream Team alongside Eva Longoria, Penelope Cruz, Scarlett Johansson and is in talks with Hollywood, including Ben Stiller for his next film project.

Aisha is produced by Sonam’s father Bollywood veteran, Anil Kapoor and revolves around the story of a Delhi based fashionista played that has made the association with big designer brands an integral part of the film.

Come enter the glamorous world of Aisha in cinemas across UK and worldwide on 6 August 2010.

menmedia.co.uk

During promotions for 'I Hate Luv Storys'

I don't think they were posted.....

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0027.JPG

DSC_0069.JPG

DSC_0081.JPG

DSC_0176.JPG

nowrunning.com

More Promotional events for 'Aisha'

screen.jpg

sonam-kapoor.net

DSC_0874_0.preview.JPG

DSC_0758.preview.JPG

DSC_0768_2.preview.JPG

DSC_0770_0.preview.JPG

DSC_0803_1.preview.JPG

DSC_0855_0.preview.JPG

DSC_0874_0.preview.JPG

DSC_0912.preview.JPG

DSC_0931_0.preview.JPG

pinkvilla

Last edited by a moderator:
Q&A: Sonam Kapoor

Bollywood veteran's daughter begins to make her own mark

By Nyay Bhushan
July 30, 2010, 05:03 AM ET

The daughter of veteran actor Anil Kapoor (“Slumdog Millionaire”, “24”), Sonam Kapoor also has a Hollywood connection like her father with her debut in 2007's “Saawariya” -- the first Indian film produced by a major studio, Sony Pictures. Since then, Kapoor, 25, has gradually carved out her own identity among Bollywood's newcomers with her performances. Featured in The Hollywood Reporter's Next Generation Asia class of 2009, Kapoor delivered a breakthrough hit in this summer's “I Hate Luv Storys.” Her latest release is “Aisha” -- a take on Jane Austen's “Emma” set in upscale New Delhi -- produced by her father's banner with production handled by her sister Rhea. Kapoor spoke with THR's Nyay Bhushan on her Hollywood connections and being part of the family business.

The Hollywood Reporter: Recent reports indicated that you have been getting offers from Hollywood.

Sonam Kapoor: I am getting some offers from Hollywood and I would love to do them but I don't have dates available as I am shooting two Hindi films. I was offered a role in a film being produced by Ben Stiller (“30 Minutes Or Less,” starring Jesse Eisenberg and Danny McBride) after my dad told him about me. So I was sent the script, which I thought was great and really funny. But it’s really a question of allocating my time which I can't do at this stage.

THR: “Aisha” (directed by Rajshree Ojha) is based on Jane Austen's “Emma” so how do you want the world to see an Indian take on a classic?

Kapoor: These days a lot of successful movies seem to be based on books such as the “Twilight” series. In that sense, “Aisha” is really a romantic film at heart that happens to be based on a classic. It’s an Indian chick-flick and the main protaganist is female compared to most films, which are usually male-centric. I mean my previous film “I Hate Luv Storys” was more about how a man feels about love.

THR: “Chick-flick” is not usually a term associated with marketing most Indian films.

Kapoor: Well the truth is that typical Bollywood romantic musicals are really chick-flicks but nobody uses that buzzword to market them. I mean some of the biggest films of all time in India are really about romance and marriage. which therefore have a huge appeal among women. “Aisha” is an ensemble film with young girls and how they go about finding love in an upscale Delhi setting, so that should resonate as a great date movie!

THR: What was the reason to set the film in upscale New Delhi?

Kapoor: India is a very diversified society and the gaps between the various social classes are massive. If you were to set a film in the low classes then you would have something like “Slumdog Millionaire.” But people have aspirations and they also like to see another viewpoint of society, which is what “Aisha” portrays with its backdrop of Delhi's upscale farmhouses and big mansions. We chose to shoot the entire film in authentic locations, including trendy fashion emporios, which should give international audiences a new perspective on how India is changing.

THR: You are also well-known as a fashion icon. so how did “Aisha” give you an opportunity to indulge in your fashion fantasies?

Kapoor: I love dressing up even in my other films but yes, my character in “Aisha” is really into high-end fashion and indulges in luxury brands and designwear. Despite this, we still managed to stay within our budget! The other interesting thing is that we wanted to show a multi-cultural blend as that's what these times are all about. So you have characters wearing not only Western labels such as Dior and Ferragamo, but also top Indian designers such as Anamika Khanna and Manish Arora, among others. This is a good place to be in.

THR: Considering this film was a family affair produced by your father and sister, how different was the experience from other films?

Kapoor: Honestly, not much because while my family members were producers, my main interaction was with the creative team and that experience is similar to any other project. But I do want to say that my sister (Rhea Kapoor) is the most professional producer I've worked with and the whole shoot went very smoothly. We finished the film two days before schedule which pleased my dad!

THR: So what's next?

Kapoor: I am currently shooting “Mausam” (“Season”), the directorial debut of acclaimed veteran actor Pankaj Kapoor (no relation) -- for which we had a shooting schedule in Scotland. At the moment I can't talk much about my role but it will be different from my previous roles which is what I have tried to do with all my films starting with ‘Saawariya.’”

hollywoodreporter.com

Tale of two B'wood sisters: Sonam & Rhea

skapoor.jpg

One is obsessed about food, the other about fashion. One doesn't mind showing her dirty feet and hates makeup, the other is glamorous. They are two young Bollywood sisters who seem as different as chalk from cheese, and yet, Rhea and Sonam Kapoor share not just clothes but also space. "Sonam

"You know how girls always need pieces to mix and match everything. I buy only those things...jackets and plain pants. And Sonam buys ridiculous things; she obviously can't wear a ridiculous thing and go for coffee. So she just takes my things all the time," said Rhea.

"But thank god we don't have the same foot size. I am 37 and she is 39. She is like giant, so she can't take my shoes," she added with a bout of laughter.

Unlike Sonam, Rhea likes to sit with her legs on the sofa and is not bothered about what her hair looks like. She "hates" makeup and hasn't visited a parlour for a manicure since a year.

"I haven't done a manicure in a year. I don't like people touching my hands. My feet are not even pedicured...I randomly clean them," Rhea said while raising her right foot to show her dirty feet.

"Sonam is obsessed with spas; she loves getting her nails done and stuff. She always wants me to go to a parlour with her. For her Saawariya premiere...she told me - 'You're not coming to the premiere with these cuticles; they look disgusting!' " said Rhea.

Nevertheless, Rhea too is quite stylish. She also opts for the best of high street fashion labels and likes to mix and match them with her mother's jewellery.

But more than fashion, it's food that Rhea is obsessed with.
"I am obsessed about food. I constantly eat. My whole focus is always on food. I can't wear skirts and shorts any more because my legs are so heavy. I haven't gone to a gym in a long time. Every move of mine revolves around my next meal. I plan my whole day according to my food," Rhea says.

However, Rhea calls Sonam a "junkie".
"Sonam is not like me when it comes to eating. She is more of a junk addict. She eats every sort of junk...chips, chocolate, biscuits...give her a book and one packet of Hide & Seek biscuits...it will be over in seven minutes. But I am a proper foodie...I need my appetizers, soup, meal and desserts," she reveals.

Meanwhile, Rhea has plans to take over production from her father, veteran actor Anil Kapoor.
"I am going to take over from dad. There are some interesting, really fun projects that I am working on. But obviously my whole focus is on Aisha right now," she says.

Rhea, who was assistant director in Wake Up Sid, says direction might be an option for her in future.
"I want to direct, but there's still a lot of time for it. It is just too much responsibility to direct a project and I am too young and immature for it. All I know is after working on Wake Up Sid and Aisha, there's no way in hell that I want to act," she says.

And why is that?
"When you grow up with a father who is an actor and a sister who is an actress, it's not a faraway thing. I know the realities of being an actress. I know what it's like to be an actor and I don't want to do it. That's all.
"And especially after I worked on Wake Up Sid, I found the whole process of being behind the camera very interesting. Besides, I am too much of a control freak to just say my lines and go away. Nah! No acting for me," she concludes.

Aisha, based on Jane Austen's novel Emma, is scheduled for an Aug 6 release.

hindustantimes.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->