Sonam Kapoor

I don't like those glasses on anybody. but other than that she really is turning into quite the little fashionista :smile:

Adorn (September 2010)

A new magazine, and i think this is the first cover....

28013_1.jpg

Pics from the shoot.....

01%7E0.jpg

02%7E0.jpg

03%7E0.jpg

04%7E0.jpg

DFC3242.jpg

DFC3243.jpg

DFC3244.jpg

DFC3241.jpg

sonam-kapoor.net

That Herve Leger dress is NOT flattering.

I do covet her jewelery in post #1010!

Cosmo article.......

'Fashion helped me express my femininity'

Cheryl Ann Couto

Glamour-geek, tomboyish-girlie-girl, and traditional-rebel — Sonam Kapoor wears her contradictions with poise....Sonam Kapoor is a big star with a very rare talent, for big stars that is: she doesn’t let her stardom become your problem. When I ring her cellphone one Saturday night, I’m ready with my default interview voice—polite and formal. On the other end, I hear coughing and sputtering, “Hi...this blasted cough just won’t leave me,” she says wearily. “How’ve you been? (I’ve interviewed her before). Have you seen the BB’s version of the iPad?! I want that one now!” It’s as if I’d only stepped out of the room moments ago and have returned to resume our conversation. To be polite in return for such affability would just be rude.

As it turns out, the new version of the iPad is one in a very long line of gadgets that make her whoop with joy. “I’m a total geek. I get thrilled when a new external hard drive hits the market. I love playing videogames on my Xbox,” she says happily. “Growing up, I used to play a lot with my brothers. I loved watching WWF. I used to think Barbie dolls were stupid. The first Barbie I got, I took off her head. The second, I drew on her face. My mother quickly stopped trying to buy me dolls.” Even today, she says she’d choose a good action movie over a sappy rom-com.

This doesn’t add up, I tell her. It’s a far cry from the hypergirlieness one so easily associates with her. Her fashion choices —cinched waists, delicate jewellery, crown braids, and regal gowns—the characters she plays and just her sheer prettiness conjure images of tea cosies and lots of pink. “That’s just it,” she says. “It was fashion that helped me explore and express my femininity.” She professes her deep love for ’50s fashion—“I love Mad Men for the fashion and how everything had to be so immaculate and beautiful at that time. You had to be dolled up with perfect curls, swing skirts, floral prints and beautiful pearls.” But womanly as her style may get, she will not hear of abandoning her masculine side.

“I love androgynous fashion—it’s actually quite sensual for a woman to dress mannish; it’s casual and sort of brazen—very sexy.” No one can argue that Sonam is one of the best-dressed celebrities in the country, but she is not without her detractors —there are murmurs that her wardrobe is just an extensive collection of designer labels. “Oh good, that’s a compliment then,” she says, amused. “All my jeans are from Gap, I shop at H&M and Miss Selfridges, I wear Aldo shoes a lot, and I’m a thrift-store fiend! If people think they’re all fancy labels, clearly I’m wearing them well. But seriously, I don’t earn enough to buy only high-end labels, and I haven’t taken a penny from my Dad since I started working. A lot of designers very generously send me outfits to wear and if I do want to buy a beautiful expensive dress, I’m prepared to cut down on other expenses like phone time...and food, if necessary!” she laughs.

Sonam has learnt to have her clothes do her bidding and she lets me in on her fashion quick-fix for those days when she feels chubby and too tired to make the effort. “It’s my Club Monaco LBD from three years ago,” she says conspiratorially. It’s perfectly cut, just skims my knees, and instantly makes me look skinny. I slap on some red lipstick and I’m good to go.”

Since we’re in the spirit of divulging secrets, she wouldn’t have any others she wants to tell us, say of the romantic persuasion? Is she dating? “Not right now,” she says. But she’s holding out for her One True Love...with a few modifications. “I believe that there’s one person out there for everybody,” she says serenely first and then, “But you have to keep wading through all the wrong ones to get to the right one! And listen, there is no rule that says a woman can’t ride out on a white horse to go get the man she loves. I might be traditional, but I’m not conservative.” Still, she admits she doesn’t really agree with many new fangled relationship concepts. “Open relationships? What are those?! That doesn’t mean you’re forward thinking, it just means you’re lazy and complacent and don’t care enough to make the effort that commitment honestly requires. To my mind, that’s not a relationship, that’s just a convenient arrangement you’ve arrived at to be honest.”

Now I’ve got her on a roll... “Fidelity is of mind, body and soul, it isn’t negotiable. I don’t even agree with live-in relationships. They’re so cynical. Love isn’t about making everything easy and convenient. It takes effort and sensitivity.”

As for what she wants from love, she says, “I want to have fun with and be entertained endlessly by the person I’m with. I want to be bored by him, yet excited by him, and I want to feel lucky every day that we’re together. I don’t really care for grand gestures, I care about the little things—knowing what my drink is, sending me a text when he feels I sounded a bit low—that’s the kind of love I want in my life.”

The only other thing in Sonam’s life, that would inspire such vehemence, is her work. “I am an emotional, creative person, and I love having the privilege of entertaining people. Besides, it’s such an exhilarating team sport,” she says with feeling. “What I love about the movies is that once you’re captured in film, it’s forever. What I did with my physical body, the roles I played, it’s been documented for all time.” She is aware that her films have had lukewarm reactions aplenty but is unfazed. “Luckily, I’ve always come out smelling like roses no matter how my films did. But criticism keeps you on your toes, so it’s not a bad thing at the end of the day.”

She might have given herself over to her art, but she’s keeping the ground beneath her feet. “It’s very easy to get swept up in the bright lights and lose a sense of yourself in the process. The last thing I want is to get cocooned and lose all sense of perspective— that’s unreal and scary.” As a preventive measure, she makes time to read, watch her favourite TV shows, keep up with current affairs, and spend time with friends who couldn’t care a toss that she’s a big movie star. In fact, she is sitting “in the world’s ugliest harem pants and T-shirt”, downloading the latest season of Criminal Minds as we speak. Without warning, she veers off into enumerating the many joys of having a phone with a double SIM card feature. I have enough geek friends to sense an endless technical discourse when I see it, so I beat a hasty retreat. “Bye bye,” she says, probably happy to be left alone to her device. “This has been fun, great talking.” Ditto.

intoday

^Her hair is so pretty there!

I can't recall the name, but i think she tweeted that the dress was by an upcomming Indian designer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turbotastic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->