Sophia Kokosalaki S/S 08 Paris

Beautiful collection. I love Freja's first and Kinga's first look :heart:

a few lovely pieces, but overall, its a little disappointing.
& I'm not sold on any of those prints or the color palette. :ninja:

I think I may be the only one who wishes she would continue pleating & draping in her collections. I understand that every designer needs to evolve, but it would be such a shame to see her veer away from what she does so effortlessly well.

. . I doubt anyone can really come close to competing w/the soft, light dresses she creates.

Sophia should not be sending collection this weak out,she is way talented for something this average.

Last edited by a moderator:
a few lovely pieces, but overall, its a little disappointing.
& I'm not sold on any of those prints or the color palette. :ninja:

I think I may be the only one who wishes she would continue pleating & draping in her collections. I understand that every designer needs to evolve, but it would be such a shame to see her veer away from what she does so effortlessly well.

. . I doubt anyone can really come close to competing w/the soft, light dresses she creates.
So true. Nobody does ethereal quite like Sophia. I love her original aesthetic, Grecian goddess with a futuristic sensibility showcasing her floaty draping and phenomenal pleating and I hope she doesn't stray too far from it in the future. It confuzzles me, the fact that we don't see more of her gowns on the red carpet.:blink: I almost don't recognize this as being her designs, the last 5 looks are interesting but for the most part this collection is highly disappointing.

She's fallen headfirst into a pit of regression - a trumpery pit, too. So much of this looks poorly constructed. My faith is all but present @ this pt. :(

most of it looks pretty uninspired...
if i were seeing this collection and not knowing that it was sophia kokosalaki, i would guess that it belonged in new york...
disappointing, i was really looking forward to this one :(

I didn't know Tracy Reese taking over.

Seriously, this is Sophia Kokosalaki????

If you could see, shock is actually registered on my face right now, no smiley will do it justice.

Tinuviel said:
Nobody does ethereal quite like Sophia. I love her original aesthetic, Grecian goddess with a futuristic sensibility showcasing her floaty draping and phenomenal pleating
agree, on every count. :heart:

when PFW rolls in, the first name that comes to mind is Kokosalaki & her soft, breathless grecian gowns.
tulle, lace, organza.
layers, layers & more layers.

after the past couple of S/S collections she's shown, this one just doesn't do anything for me.
lets hope this is a minor bump in the road for Sophia. :innocent:

definitely not my cup of tea...it leaves me completely uninspired unfortunately..

A new direction .. change isnt always good .. not like her usual stuff but never the less i love it .. so wearable and so fabulous .. well i know whats on next summers wish list

Shoes:

00010m.jpg
00280m.jpg

00030m.jpg
00300m.jpg

00130m.jpg
00040m.jpg

style.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members