Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue 2012 : Kate Upton

They just showed the SI:Swimsuit- behind the scenes special on vh1. If anyone's interested, they're gonna show it again at 11:30pm.

Maybe later someone can embed it cuz I don't know how:lol:
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by a moderator:
They smooth out the features of the models' bodies so much that the uncanny valley effect eventually kicks in and otherwise beautiful women start looking like animatronic barbie dolls. Freaky! They seriously couldn't hire better photoshop experts?!

^Yeah, and that is only one of their big problems. I bet this Kate-phenomenon ( I didn`t even know there was such before I read that article couple pages back) won`t last very long, despite all the hype one big boss has now created.

Actually, in that article, they are on the right way on their thinking with bringing something different in and blurring the gap between hf and commercial and celebrity etc, but their outcome amazes me.

And I agree, despite all the different gorgeous locations I think this all could`ve been photographed all in the same beach, of let`s say, Miami or *add somewhere else here". Looks very much like catalogue work.

But still, this might be the worst issue yet, but people are exaggerating a bit how classy it was before. Come on, it is always been about girls in minimal outfits, some might call bikinis. Only now, they are downgrading some girls whos appeal and poses are always classy, no matter what they wear, still this magazine itself has never filled the criteria of classy.

Like others say there would have been many gorgeous faces I would have rather seen in the cover and honestly deserved it, due to long career and amazing looks, like Anne V, Izabel, Cintia would have been super. This is just a sad excuse to lazyness for finding something "new".

Cheap cheap cheap!!!

On another note the following ladies should've been around 3 or 4years ago when this issue was still decent: Cintia, Alyssa, Irina, Izabel, Ariel, Michelle anwar (new?) they actually looked pretty good despite the circumstances.

And then the obvious as everyone else has mentioned - the photoshopping makes them all look like cartoons. I feel like it is way more out of hand this year than previous years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of these editorials are just awful. And watching Kate trying to promote the issue is just painful. Her interview on Letterman made her seem conceded and unprofessional.

Ugh Kate Upton looks vulgar. And she thinks she's a supermodel?! Oh, come on. I hate these wannabe models who've been working for 5 minutes that call themselves supermodels. That bikini top is waaaaaay too small and that piece of material covering her vjayjay is hardly beach-appropriate. What an awful cover. So disappointing to put that on the cover when models like Anne V and Izabel G would've done a much better job. Their eds are alright compared to the monstrosity that is the entire issue.

B13292009921681058_6.jpg

I wish this made the cover.

The cover makes me want to get a needle and poke her boobs, horrible image.

Looking at the other photos, while not great, they def. had a better cover in there.

The Penthouse Pet of the century it's just so nasty that it's not right what happened to Kenza Fourati and in place is this Anna Nicole Smith look a like.

The Penthouse Pet of the century it's just so nasty that it's not right what happened to Kenza Fourati and in place is this Anna Nicole Smith look a like.
I liked Kenza too. She was a massive departure from the traditional SI mold, and she worked very well. Actually, I'm sort of glad that she isn't in it this year. She's too elegantly beautiful for this. While we're on the subject of models not present, SI has done a poor job of bringing back good models. Kenza Fourati, Kim Cloutier, (Although she seemed to only have one facial expression in her shoot.) Lucia Dvorska, Jessica Hart, and Jeisa Chiminazzo were all one and done. That's absurd. I can easily find five spots for all of them this year in which they would be vast improvements.

I found Kate to be adorable in her Letterman interview. She did came across as guarded when Letterman asked her about her acting aspirations. Kate really opened up when Letterman asked her experience as a horseback rider.
I don't have any problems SI using Kate's social media status as a reason t give her the cover instead of someone who the fashion industry is props up as a sex symbol. SI covergirls like Brooklyn, Marisa, Bar, Tyra, Kathy, Heidi were never really darlings of the fashion industry.

^That is true, but I think there is still few steps between hf darling and Kate.. All the ladies you mentioned would still have been more relevant than this 19 yo, uberphotoshopped, youtube-darling, if SI would had want to keep even some class.

The lady who said she looks like page 3-girl, I gotta agree and came first to my mind, too.

it would be nice if they would show more actual female olympians in the issue - even if they are dressed for male consumption. :unsure:

put it this way - i would not be surprised if the cover-girl had a sex tape.:yuk:

Adaora Akubilo is adorable in the magazine. it would have been nice if they had chosen her - even if she is practically unknown -only been in SI's reality series it seems.

the only editorials i like are cintia´s and irina´s...they look so hot!
byt the rest just look the same to me and it looks so amatour

tacky images aside... i also have a problem with how bad most of the swimsuits are...
they are just plain ugly for the most part!

I finally bought the issue and overall it was a pretty good one. SI could've had chosen a better photo of Kate for the cover because the photos inside were much better. Alex Morgan's body paint spread was beautiful and she's a total hottie. I've been colllecting the SI swimsuit issue for years, and I think this one has most models were string bikinis.

People need to stop confusing Kate as a person with the cover. Yes, the cover is vulgar, but nothing about the woman suggests she is or wants to be a p*rn star. Its just insulting.

People need to stop confusing Kate as a person with the cover. Yes, the cover is vulgar, but nothing about the woman suggests she is or wants to be a p*rn star. Its just insulting.

i suppose you havent seen the videos of the cover star shaking her breasts, have you? :lol:

i'm glad other people/other experienced models are speaking out about the issue...

i used to buy the swimsuit issue for inspiration in regards to actually buying swimwear. not anymore...:unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
honeybabe
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->