Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2006

Owen Bruce

Reaction score
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition-- models, anyone?

Hi everyone!

I eagerly await the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition every year and it's only a few short months away! I was wondering which models you thought would make it into the pages this year?

I hope Jessica Van Der Steen, Veronica Varekova and Petra Nemcova are all in it again. They steal the show!

As for photographers, we can only assume that Jeff Olson, Walter Iooss Jr., and Stewart Shining will be shooting it again. Jeff Olson is an awesome, down to earth guy (who I have corresponded with via email) and I hope he gets the cover again this year!

Owen

i don't even really care anymore. the mag has gone soooooo far downhill over the past few years. IMO, the best issue was the one with Rebecca Romijn on the cover in "The Not So Virgin Islands"

the last 2 especially have been garbage. when will the magazine contract the real hottest girls (ie. Gisele, Karolina, Adriana). KK deserves the cover over Veronica Varekova A.N.Y.D.A.Y

I dont know which models will be in the issue.. but here are the models that I would love to see in it

Adriana Lima!
Giselle.. maybe
Michelle Alves

and..

Adriana Lima! :blush:

haha i love this issue. it's just...fun.

i hope the girl that won their reality modelling show last year - alicia? - is in the magazine. she oozed sex.

im hoping not to see gisele, imo she just looks like a man, and not in a good way either

2006.jpg

cover models are:
Veronica Varekova
Rachel Hunter
Daniela Pestova
Yamila Diaz
Carolyn Murphy
Elle Macpherson
Rebecca Romijn
Elsa Benitez

pics are up:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/features/2006_swimsuit/

cover image from sportsillustrated.com

bump. anyone have the scoop on who is in the upcoming issue for 2006?

it's due out on feb 15th.

i wonder if it'll be available here in korea...

regardless --- i think the reason why we don't see Gisele/Adriana/Karolina/Alessandra is because of their FAT contracts with Victoria's Secret. . . . but i think its stupid if that's the reason -- the VS folks should realize that a turn in the SI issue really helps make a supermodel even more SUPER. . .so putting Gisele or KK in it (especially if they get the cover) will really help make their career even BIGGER.

mizenkay said:
anyone have the scoop on who is in the upcoming issue for 2006?
100% Molly Sims because a Budweiser (promotional partner) press release said so. Got that tidbit from the Bud website (of course that begs the question why I'm reading the Bud website).

right, molly sims is one of the models and will also be featured on the budweiser promotional materials.

and to happy canadian's point, i too am surprised more "name" supermodels don't get selected for this "all-star" issue. last year i was surprised to see michelle alves - she of the haute couture runway - in the issue.

and not surprised to see tired old standby's like frankie, bridget and carolyn. i'm sorry, but they bore me.

i don't think you'll ever see someone like mariacarla in there, but i think girls like eugenia, elise crombez or diana dondoe would be great!

we'll see.

spike tv (check your listings) is doing the launch show on feb. 15th.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/01-13-2006/0004248689&EDATE=

i hope anna bb or angela lindval are on the cover.

last years was so dissapointing

petra n:D glad to see her back lookin very hot!:flower:

06_pnemcova_01.jpg

06_pnemcova_02.jpg

06_pnemcova_03.jpg

oluchi

06_oonweagba_02.jpg

06_oonweagba_03.jpg

06_oonweagba_04.jpg

pania rose

06_prose_01.jpg

06_prose_04.jpg