Spring/Summer 2011 Runway Music

^Urgh, I was about to say that! The most beautiful one and they don't put in on the list. Maybe we should consider writing to Frédéric and ask him? On the other hand, I already did that a year ago, and for nothing B)

I'm actually more and more worried, especially considering these rumours about closing his website.. I only hope that he's adjusting his site to the fashion's world schedule and since the fall ads are starting to pop out, he will put the fall tracks too. I just cannot imagine this season without full Givenchy soundtrack!

Does anyone know the songs from Kenzo show?

^I don't think those are the tracks that were played, those five minutes-long previews usually don't have the real music from the show.

The soundtracks for the Milan and Paris men’s shows were a direct reflection of the looks they accompanied. Italian designers mined every decade from the Sixties on for their tunes, ending up with a mix that ranged from rugged (The Animals) to refined (Fellini films) — much like the clothes themselves. There were also a few notable live acts, including Annie Lennox at Dolce & Gabbana, Alex Kapranos and Nick McCarthy of Franz Ferdinand at Pringle of Scotland (for whom the two musicians designed a limited edition knit) and classical composer Michael Nyman at Zegna’s 100th anniversary party. The French relied on music that was as diverse as their work — everything from techno to Tom Waits. And they, too, looked to iconic films for audio inspiration. Wong Kar Wai’s erotic and moody “2046” made its way into the soundtrack at Dior Homme, while Givenchy turned to 1987 vampire flick “The Lost Boys.” Here, WWD’s ultimate fashion playlist.

MILAN

• “Pomp and Circumstance” by Edward Elgar (Alexander McQueen)

• “The House of the Rising Sun” by The Animals (Burberry Prorsum)

• “Hang on St. Christopher” by Tom Waits (Bottega Veneta)

• “Walk on the Wild Side (remix)” by Lou Reed (Calvin Klein)

• Nino Rota songs from various Fellini films (Canali)

• “A Whiter Shade of Pale” by Annie Lennox (Dolce & Gabbana)

• “Psycho Killer” by Talking Heads (Gianfranco Ferré)

• “Gimme Shelter” by Patti Smith (John Varvatos)

PARIS

• “In the Light” by Led Zeppelin (Jean Paul Gaultier)

• “Ice Cream Man” by Tom Waits (Yohji Yamamoto)

• “Cry Little Sister” by Gerard McMann from “The Lost Boys” soundtrack (Givenchy)

• “Silver Surfer, Ghost Rider Go!” by Trentemoller (Kris Van Assche)

• “Congo Voodoo Drums” by Drummers of the Societe Absolument Guinin (Yves Saint Laurent)

• “2046 Main Theme (with percussion)” by Shigeru Umebayashi from “2046” soundtrack (Dior Homme)

• “Big in Japan” by Alphaville (Kenzo)

• “I’m Living in Shame” by Diana Ross (John Galliano)
wwd.com

lol at the song for McQueen...is that supposed to mean Sarah graduation as a new creative director?

Wallpaper is just bringing it this season! Hopefully they carry this practice over to Couture and RTW!

Paris Spring/Summer 2011 Homme Show Tunes
Viktor & Rolf
Colourless Colour – La Roux, In For The Kill – La Roux, Bulletproof – La Roux Live performance by La Roux

Rick Owens
Quoth – Polygon Window, I got a Feeling – **** Robot Music production: Jeff Judd

Louis Vuitton
Sähkörausku - Mika Vainio, Fluss Im Wasser - Thomas Fehlmann, Solid Sound - Factory Floor, Fornication In Space - Frankie Chan & Roel A. García, Aguirre - Popol Vuh, Words With The Shaman Part 2(incantation) - David Sylvian, Pharaohs - Tears For Fears, Joyeux Regrets Imprécis - Benjamin Lew, Silence – Portishead Music production: Frédéric Sanchez

Jean Paul Gaultier
In the Light - Led Zeppelin, El Din (Part Two) - Shackleton, Dramatic Theme - Pink Floyd, Majorelles - Alain Chamfort, Hammam - Jerry De Sario, Hilal - U-Cef feat. Mirror System, Solo Darbuka - Chalf Hassan, Hammam – Naguila, Let's Spend the Night Together - The Rolling Stones, Khalliouni Khalliouni - 123 Soleil & The Egyptian Orchestra Music production: Mode-F

Dries Van Noten
The Gift - The Velvet Underground Music production: Dries Van Noten team

Yohji Yamamoto
Gin Soaked Boy - Tom Waits, Les Baricades Mistérieuses - Elaine Comparone, Virginia Avenue - Tom Waits, Ol'55 - Tom Waits, Les Baricades Mistérieuses - Elaine Comparone, I Hope I Don't Fall In Love With You - Tom Waits, Les Sentiments. Sarabande - Blandine Verlet & François Couperin, Ice Cream Man - Tom Waits Music production: Jiro Amimoto

Junya Watanabe Man
Idris – The New Mastersounds, Panama City – The Quantic Soul Orchestra, Soul Power – Various Artists, Thermal Bad – The New Mastersounds

Yves Saint Laurent
Cry, The Clock Said - Gary Numan, Yanvalou - Drummers of the Societe Absolument Guinin, Congo - Drummers of the Societe Absolument Guinin feat. Voodoo Drums Sound production: Michel Gaubert

Walter Van Beirendonck
Before Tigers – Health, Anna Mae – Dragons of Zynth, Year of Silence – Crystle Castles, SHT MTN – Holy **** Music production: Hellskitschen (Fabrice Acet and Christophe Martinon)

Comme des Garçons Homme Plus
The Rite – Lisa Gerrard, La Salida de Lima – Gustavo Santaolalla, Captain America – Kill for Total Peace, Shockwork – Test Dept, Agorn (Elements of complex variables) – The Glass Family Electric Band, Frontier – Dead Can Dance Music production: Hellskitschen (Fabrice Acet and Christophe Martinon)

Givenchy
Masked ball - Jocelyn Pook, Cry little sister - Gerard mcMann, Mask - Bauhaus Sound production: Frédéric Sanchez

Dior Homme
2046 Main Theme (With Percussion) - Shigeru Umebayashi, Interlude (Instrumental) - Shigeru Umebayashi, Dark Chariot (Instrumental) - Peer Raben, 2046 Main Theme (With Percussion Train Remix, Instrumental) - Shigeru Umebayashi Music production: Laurent Ballot, Nano de Clausel and Alexander Maxwell @ Mode-F

Hermès
India Song (bande originale du film) - Carlos d'Alessio, Big Jet Plane – Angus & Julia Stone, Because - The Beatles, Who Makes Your Money – Spoon, VCR (Matthew Dear remix) - The XX, Dance Yrself Clean - LCD Sound System

Raf Simons
Starla - Smashing Pumpkins, The Downward Spiral - Nine Inch Nails, Tonight, Tonight - Smashing Pumpkins Sound production: Michel Gaubert

Paul Smith
Cosmic Wheels – Donovan, Set Phasers to Stun – The Time and Space Machine, Masters of the Universe – Hawkwind, Whole Lotta Love (excerpt) - Led Zeppelin, Misty Mountain - Silver Apples, You Are The One – The Time and Space Machine, Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin Music production: Peter Smith and Andrew Hale

Dunhill
Only Love Can Break Your Heart - Saint Etienne, Waltz Darling - Malcolm McLaren Music production: Kim Jones and Simon Parris

Thom Browne
Fitter Happier – Radiohead, Requiem For Soprano, Mezzo Soprano, Two Mixed Choirs and Orchestra – Francis Travis, The Blue Danube - Herbert von Karajan, Space Oddity - David Bowie Music production: Michel Gaubert
wallpaper.com

I didn't know The Smashing Pumpkins were played at Raf Simons! I so now have to see the video.

Yeah anybody have the remix of I'm living in shame by Diana Ross, I WANT IT!!!!

Can someone i.d. this song at Lanvin? The voice sounds a bit like New Order to me, but I'm not sure...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->