Star Trek 2009 *Update* Sequel "Into Darkness" Coming in 2013

Discussion in 'the Entertainment Spot' started by lottie342, May 11, 2009.

1. lottie342

lottie342 New Member

I've spotted a few Star Trek avatars around and thought a discussion on the new film (or any other Star Trek movie/series) was needed :blush: Plus, I'm such a trekkie :woot::p

[​IMG]

source: Wikipedia

2. capt.charly

capt.charly Active Member

I prefer the old version but the new is cool too !!! :)

3. dajrekshn

dajrekshn New Member

it's really a nice movie. action+spock=:heart:

4. jennifer~

jennifer~ Active Member

Oh yeah, Spock. I like typing my random thoughts into Google's search to discover who might share them, and "spock is hot" garnered more results than I expected, to say the least. It seems the notion is rather typical...

I guess it was a good movie. A member of my... uhh, party... literally counted the number of scenes where a character was saved from death at the last possible second through unlikely events, which kind of killed my figurative buzz.

5. Aby

Aby Active Member

I liked the movie too and yeah, Spock is hot!

6. Belowen

Belowen ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I'm so excited for this movie :buzz: Seeing it on Thursday night :woot:

[​IMG]
    twitter.com/childhoodflames

7. Luxx

Luxx oh me, oh my

^ You're going to love it Belowen!

I have to put my thoughts together to really say what I want to say about this film but I thought it was such a joyous little treat and the perfect kick off to the blockbuster summer. What could be better than a movie that is a) good b) accessible c) utilizes one of the most beloved fandoms of all time. I think that JJ has really crafted a truly impressive film. Hollywood films of this nature often get shafted in terms of respect but I think it takes something special to make a movie for such a wide audience that is finely crafted and smart in its exectution.

And where is Faith?! :judge:

#7 Luxx, May 12, 2009
    Last edited by moderator : May 13, 2009
  8. lottie342

lottie342 New Member

I thought I was alone in the "Spock is hot" thoughts - my friends think I'm crazy, they spent most of the film staring at Chris Pine - who is pretty good-looking too I suppose :p^_^

9. Faith Akiyama

Ohhh yah. About time we had a thread for this! ;)

[​IMG]
    Livejournal

The mild Trekkie in me was absolutely thrilled at the new film. I went with a few friends who knew nothing about the franchise as well, and everyone just fell in love with it. So glad to see this series "revived!"

10. Faith Akiyama

And of course to everyone here...
    [​IMG]
    Livejournal

B)

11. dajrekshn

dajrekshn New Member

also...Volchok parts are to ROFL.:D

12. lottie342

lottie342 New Member

It took me so long to work out what he was saying :doh::lol: (it was playing abnormally slowly)

here is the trailer (with Leonard Nimoy :woot:) - this is the one I saw in the cinema which made me decide I wanted to see it.

13. Belowen

Belowen ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

OMG I LOVE THIS FILM :buzz: :buzz:

Seriously, it was awesome. I want to see it again! I loved the laugh-out-loud moments, like when Scott said to the alien he was living with "you can eat, like a bean, and that's it." I don't know why I found that so funny but I did :rofl: And the big hands!

14. Mchunu

Mchunu New Member

nerd alert

15. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

i was never a fan of star trek...it was just a bit too cheesy for my liking. and i adore science fiction too. this version looks really promising to me and not what i would expect from star trek.

how was winona's role as spock's mother? i heard it's a small role but it's rather memorable.

16. Faith Akiyama

^It definitely was memorable (And integral to the plot) :) Go enjoy it Scott!

17. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

i love winona ryder and thrilled to see she's back doing some good work again.

i'm planning to see it sometime the coming days when i have a bit of free time so i will let you all know.

18. LittleMsSunshine

LittleMsSunshine New Member

Star Trek into Darkness

Star Trek into Darkness is an upcoming American science fiction action film directed by J. J. Abrams, written by Alex Kurtzman, Damon Lindelof and Roberto Orci, and produced by Abrams, Kurtzman, Lindelof, Orci and Bryan Burk. It is the twelfth Star Trek film and serves as the sequel to Star Trek, the 2009 reboot of the Star Trek franchise. Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Karl Urban, Zoe Saldana, Anton Yelchin, Simon Pegg and John Cho return to reprise their roles from the previous film. It is set to be released on May 17, 2013

Plot
    After being called back home, the crew of the Enterprise find a seemingly unstoppable force which has attacked Starfleet and left the planet in chaos. Captain Kirk and the crew of the Enterprise are tasked with leading the deadly manhunt to capture the party responsible and settle an old score

Title
    J. J. Abrams has stated that unlike the original series' Trek films, this film will have no roman numeral following the title Star Trek (to avoid repeating the form used with Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan) or any subtitle used with a colon like The Next Generation's film series. On September 7, 2012, bloggers revealed that the film's title was expected to be Star Trek into Darkness. Cast member Simon Pegg also posted this title, and Abrams acknowledged the title during his interview on the talk show Conan

Cast
    Chris Pine as Captain James T. Kirk
    Zachary Quinto as Spock
    Benedict Cumberbatch as the main antagonist.
    Karl Urban as Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy
    Zoe Saldana as Nyota Uhura
    Anton Yelchin as Pavel Chekov
    John Cho as Hikaru Sulu
    Simon Pegg as Montgomery "Scotty" Scott
    Bruce Greenwood as Admiral Christopher Pike
    Noel Clarke, Alice Eve, Peter Weller, Joseph Gatt, Nazneen Contractor, Anjini Taneja Azhar and Nolan North have also been cast, but their roles are unspecified. Heather Langenkamp has also been cast in what she describes as a small role.
    [​IMG]
    blogs.cio.com

19. LittleMsSunshine

LittleMsSunshine New Member

20. paz2992

paz2992 New Member

OMG :buzz: it does look kind of different, i mean involving a lot of the earth and not a classic adventure, but it seems i'll like it anyway.