Stella Lucia

The Perks of Being Different: Stella Lucia on Her Unique Look and Styling Aspirations
Janelle Okwodu Fashion April 4, 2015 — 03:00PM

Many models enter fashion with dreams of magazine covers and campaigns, but Austrian newcomer Stella Lucia’s initial career goals placed her in a different category. “I always wanted to be a stylist,” says Lucia. “When I was 13, I got discovered over Facebook by a stylist who wrote to me asking if I wanted to model and then brought me to my mother agency. It was actually a surprise for me. I had never thought about doing modeling or something, so I was really excited and I wanted to try it.”

A career behind the scenes may be her end goal, but one look at Lucia makes it easy to see why she was scouted. Her bee-stung lips and quirky features give her a beauty that is at once delicate and seductive. This alluring contrast has resonated with the likes of Mert Alas and Marcus Piggot and Givenchy’s Riccardo Tisci, who cites Lucia as his latest obsession and cast her in his Spring campaign alongside Julia Roberts. The job provided Lucia with her big break and her first taste of California life, an experience she won’t soon forget. “I think going to L.A. was really my nicest experience so far. The people are so much more relaxed and everything is so beautiful.”

Since arriving on the scene, Lucia has landed in the pages of artsy publications like AnOther and CR Fashion Book where she’s been given the opportunity to star in outlandish, attention-grabbing images by Nick Knight and Karl Lagerfeld. The influx of editorial work allows Lucia a chance to experience her favorite part of modeling: role-playing. “Clothes can let you act. How you’re styled is how you behave,” the model expounds. “When the clothes are really dark and gothic, I can take on that role; if they’re lighter and more romantic, I can show that side.”

Modeling also brings her closer to the clothes she grew up admiring. Citing labels like Maison Margiela, Dries Van Noten, and Givenchy as favorites, Lucia has developed a style she calls “very chill, always comfortable, and with a little twist.” Her mix of comfy hoodies layered beneath glamorous coats has earned her a place as a street-style star to watch, but the real fun comes when she gets a chance to put her styling talents to good use. “My boyfriend's a stylist, so I often assist him and try to help him out with that. I do a lot of fashion even when I don't work in modeling—I still want to be a stylist one day, and modeling has let me get the connections, so hopefully I can do that later on.”

http://www.style.com/trends/fashion/2015/stella-lucia-on-her-unique-look

CR Fashion Book
I'm Not Beautiful I'm Worse

Karl Lagerfeld - Photographer
Eugene Souleiman - Hair Stylist
Tom Pecheux - Makeup Artist
Anny Errandonea - Manicurist

dnamodels

:heart:

2w2mul4.jpg

instagram/specialbeautiesofficial

FASHION INTERVIEWS Felicity Kinsella 13 May, 2015
​10 things you need to know about stella lucia

She’s got the lushest pout in fashion and is Riccardo Tisci’s new obsession, meet our favourite new face, Stella Lucia.

If fashion models were made by other worldly beings with dark spells and swirling, glowing potions, they'd look something like the intoxicatingly beautiful Stella Lucia. Move over Lindsay Wixson and Lily McMenamy, this girl's got the fullest lips in fashion and a stare that would have you wrapped round her little finger in the no time. Born in the Austrian countryside, the 16-year-old stunner made her runway debut as a greyscale Miss Havisham-esque bride in GILES' spring/summer 15 show, before appearing in his autumn/winter 15 show as a gothic, black-lipped bridesmaid and becoming the face of Givenchy's Spring 15 campaign alongside Julia Roberts, to whom she bares a striking resemblance… Stella was discovered over Facebook age 13, is signed to Viva London, is in love with her stylist boyfriend and is the name on everyone's undoubtedly inferior lips…

1. Her tip top show to walk in last season was…
"Givenchy! The collection was mind blowing and I love the team."

2. Her model role model is...
"Kate Moss."

3. Why?
"Because she's Kate Moss."

4. If she could use her new-found fame to enforce change in the industry, the one thing she'd change is...
"Racism."

5. In the blockbuster of her life story, this is who she'd choose to play herself and her romantic other...
"Chloé Sevigny and James Franco."

6. The best advice she's ever been given is…
"Stay true to yourself. So basic, but so true."

7. If she could find out the answer to any question in the world, she would ask...
"What came first - the chicken or the egg?"

8. Beauty is…
"…about character. The goodness in someone's personality and even their flaws is what makes a person special and unique."

9. She's going to have a bangin' summer!
"I reeeeally want to learn to surf this summer. Me and my boyfriend are planning to go to California and Mexico."

10. If she wasn't living it up as a top fashion model, this is what she'd be doing...
"Figuring out what I should be doing."

https://i-d.vice.com/en_au/article/10-things-you-need-to-know-about-stella-lucia

INT_DE_07_STELLA_LUCIA_online_150dpi_rgb_doppel2_rveuvs.jpg
INT_DE_07_STELLA_LUCIA_online_150dpi_rgb_doppel3_2_hgp7rn.jpg
INT_DE_07_STELLA_LUCIA_online_150dpi_rgb_doppel4_h9q2ol.jpg
INT_DE_07_STELLA_LUCIA_online_150dpi_rgb_doppel5_slbo0b.jpg
INT_DE_07_STELLA_LUCIA_online_150dpi_rgb_doppel7_nbztqj.jpg

Interview Magazine Germany - Stella Lucia by Jork Weismann, styled by Felix Leblhuber // source felixleblhuber.com

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I was wearing headphones, so the static sound in the beginning scared the s*** out me. :lol:

Givenchy FW/15 campaign

@stellaluciadeopito @isisbattaglia

Sometimes I discover models through instagram, and love their selfies and candids but fail to like any of their editorial work. Stella already captivates my eye, and has just been booking awesome jobs and killing it. I'm not sure I've ever seen something from her that I didn't like. :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->