Stella McCartney A/W 2004 Paris

ebowleg

Reaction score
McCartney Answers Critics with Graceful Display

By Joelle Diderich

PARIS (Reuters) - British designer Stella McCartney Sunday showed a highland fling collection of country casuals and vintage inspired dresses that tapped into next autumn's trend for borrowing from men's closets.

An oversized black tailored coat was slung over a lipstick red fluttery dress in the display on the fifth day of the Paris ready-to-wear shows, which was also due to feature Tom Ford's eagerly awaited final collection for Yves Saint Laurent.

Guests including former Beatle Sir Paul McCartney (news) -- Stella's father -- and his wife Heather Mills watched models parade in downy shawl-collared jackets in shades of ivory, taupe and tarnished gold.

McCartney mixed casual Fair Isle sweaters, tweed jackets and wading boots with slinky satin dresses with a 1940s feel. A limestone gray bustier dress was looped with thick bands of black jersey that segued into flared panels at the hem.

It was the wardrobe of "a well-traveled woman who fled her glamorous city life to join her rogue boyfriend on an escapade," she said in a statement.

The lovely satin dresses with ruffled chiffon sleeves should silence McCartney's critics in the British press, which has turned on her in recent months.

Fellow designer Jeff Banks called her creations "amateurish" and media reports have focused on losses at her fledgling firm.

And a few looks...

r2835848549.jpg

r988502640.jpg

I generally really like her stuff. Very feminine and attractive; soothing colors, and good proportion and cut.

I'm always glad to see her newest work, because I always spot something that makes me think, "wow, I'd wear a top like that" or "hmm, I never thought of those colors together before, but it really works."

I like this collection as well. Stella McCartney's jackets are never that original despite her effort to come up with something different each season. The puffy jackets are like this season's Junya and the knitwear have shadows of McQueen's early work. But the styling is all hers.

00170f.jpg

00380f.jpg
00480f.jpg

:shock:
00380f.jpg

do i hear alexander mcqueen / balenciaga rip off? :shock:

This is so Stella tring to be Dries Van Noten :rolleyes:

she should go abkc to what she dos best, flirt modern clothes. she just not good anof to do any things els, and she dos that well.

I never really like Stella's collections, but those two dresses are wonderful :blush:

Originally posted by Acid@Mar 7th, 2004 - 2:35 pm
:shock:
00380f.jpg

do i hear alexander mcqueen / balenciaga rip off? :shock:
I was just about to mention the Balenciaga style of that dress!

she seems too confused.. like trying to find her own style :rolleyes:

better than her usual boring collections, but i certainly need to see more

em...stella is wearing PLEATED PANTS!!!!...'NUFF SAID... :innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
:sick: these shoes are hideous...the bag is kind of funny, though

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm liking this collection a lot...lovely! :blush:

not original, but I see something different, in a good way. and I like the idea of the puff jackets, so nice and wintery :heart:

00010f.jpg
00020f.jpg

00030f.jpg
00050f.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"