Stella McCartney A/W 2004 Paris

Originally posted by Lena@Mar 8th, 2004 - 9:22 am
Stella has a serious taste problem and
this collection testifies that she's sadly beyond repair :ninja:
Well, that was harsh...

:rofl:

whoever says it is a stellar collection has no fashion insight!

I think it's unfair, some of the things that have been said about her collection(s). If I went out right now and designed a collection of clothes that i think would be appealing for this fall/winter, I'm sure I would get hounds of people saying I "copied" someone else who's already done it before. And saying she "needs" to make a statement, etc. Believe it or not, but some designers are actually just trying to make wearable clothes!

I've always been iffy on her because I admit that I'm jealous how easily she was able to break into the industry while the rest of us work ourselves to death, but I don't see anything particularly "wrong" about this collection. The colors are fine, proportion is good, silhouettes are nice, designs are cute. Is it revolutionary? no. Will most people be able to wear it this coming season? i think they're very saleable. BAM! profit for stella. :innocent: :P

Originally posted by mishahoi@Mar 8th, 2004 - 11:51 pm
I think it's unfair, some of the things that have been said about her collection(s). If I went out right now and designed a collection of clothes that i think would be appealing for this fall/winter, I'm sure I would get hounds of people saying I "copied" someone else who's already done it before. And saying she "needs" to make a statement, etc. Believe it or not, but some designers are actually just trying to make wearable clothes!

I've always been iffy on her because I admit that I'm jealous how easily she was able to break into the industry while the rest of us work ourselves to death, but I don't see anything particularly "wrong" about this collection. The colors are fine, proportion is good, silhouettes are nice, designs are cute. Is it revolutionary? no. Will most people be able to wear it this coming season? i think they're very saleable. BAM! profit for stella. :innocent: :P
well if this collection did make a profit..i think it'd be a first since she started her own collection... :wink:

:innocent:

Originally posted by softgrey@Mar 9th, 2004 - 12:01 am

well if this collection did make a profit..i think it'd be a first since she started her own collection... :wink:

:innocent:
maybe that's why this one is so "bland". she's pressured to bring in the dough! :wink:

Originally posted by faust+Mar 8th, 2004 - 2:55 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(faust @ Mar 8th, 2004 - 2:55 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Lena@Mar 8th, 2004 - 1:34 pm
Originally posted by tealady@Mar 8th, 2004 - 9:30 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-eguana
@Mar 7th, 2004 - 3:18 pm
great collection. Let her haters eat dust!!

Please pass the dust. :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :mohawk:
Yum!!! [/b][/quote]
:rofl: :mohawk:

i don't think that stella copied balenciaga although the colors and cut do remind of the dresses shown in the spirng balenciaga show. however, i do feel that this fall collection falls short (in tailoring and cuts) when compared to her last fall collection. there was a heavy mixing of the more tailored aspects of last spring and some of the more girly, playful aspects of her earliest collections. i don't think she has quite struck the balance she had a chloe with the funkiness and girliness with the unique tailoring.

with all that said, i must commend her on finding ways to create somewhat delectable accessories without using ANY leather. that is a huge challenge that makes her accessories unique.

Sorry but I think it another in a long line of very average collections - It could be anyone, I still dont have any idea what Stella is about

I also thought the bag and shoes were bad - anyone for plastic mock croc - thought not!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annetbef
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->