Stella McCartney S/S 2025 Paris

Wasn’t her perfume discontinued, too?
Yeah — and that was a real head-spinner. First, they were all killed when Kering sold off YSL Beauté to L’Oréal, planning to bring all their brands over to Procter & Gamble Prestige (which was soon sold to Coty) because of that terrible fifty-year unbreakable deal Gucci signed with Scannon in the 1970s. This was just after the launch of her L.I.L.Y. fragrance, which was immediately discontinued. Stella was a huge seller; it was an immediate success and always did very well. (It was one of the best mainstream releases of the past quarter century, in my opinion.) Stella was the only scent to transfer over to Coty, but then Kering killed all of their brands’ licenses with them, and Stella disappeared for good. Kering plans to move fragrance and beauty in-house once Gucci’s license finally ends right about now. That was part of the reason they bought Creed.

It sure would’ve been smart if they had held onto that major fragrance and cosmetics company they used to own (YSL Beauté) if they planned to do that, huh?

I’m pretty sure really stupid business moves like those are why McCartney decided to exercise her option to buy her house back from Kering — and then make deals with LVMH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honorata
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->