Stella Mccartney Shoe Sale

stylegurrl

Reaction score
Get Vegan with Demi
Huge sale next week on Stella McCartney shoes in N.Y. and L.A.

Friday, June 25, 2004

Stella McCartney—a longtime vegan and animal rights activist—made a strong point not to use animal products in her chic clothes so popular with the Hollywood set. She even went so far as to make her shoe collection, that includes vinyl stilettos ($350 retail), free of any animal products (no leather!). Cameron Diaz, Natalie Portman and Demi Moore all have a pair of the sexy summer shoes and now they’re going to be marked down 60% at both her Los Angeles and New York boutiques. We’re certain those Hollywood types who want in on the trend will flock to the store to cash in on the discount. So even if it’s just to people watch or to dress with a good cause in mind, check out Stella’s shoe sale—it’s definitely going to be a social meeting point.

Los Angeles:

8823 Beverly Blvd., West of Robertson

310-272-7051

June 29th- 30th

11am-7pm

New York:

429 W. 14th St., b/w 9th and 10th

212-255-1556

June 29th-30th

11am-7pm

And, of course, I am nowhere near her stores. I'm half a state up from the LA one. :: sigh :: I love the look of her shoes. :smile:

i havent really seen stella's shoes . . . are they actually worth the trip to the store?

Originally posted by AniexDaffodil@Jun 27th, 2004 - 2:55 pm
i havent really seen stella's shoes . . . are they actually worth the trip to the store?
I have seen them in person and even tried on a pair at Language. I found them to be a bit uncomfortable. Maybe it was just me. They would be good for anyone with an objection to leather who can wear such pointy, high-heeled shoes. Otherwise, there are many other nice shoes to be had for less money.

Originally posted by Incroyable@Jun 28th, 2004 - 12:52 pm
I have seen some Stella McCartney shoes, and they had leather soles.
:o :shock: :blink: I thought they were made entirely of man-made materials.

I think they are all man-made, from what I've heard.

She is a vegetarian, so I doubt she'd have shoes with leather soles...

when she was at Chloe, she wouldn't make things with leather there, either, although Phoebe Philo has brought it back.

I like the style of her shoes, but I too, have heard that they're uncomfortable, which is a shame, as I adored the pumps that were such a hit a season ago...she seems to think they're comfortable, though - she wears them herself to events all the time.

I adore her clothes, though - a lot from the Spring 2004 RTW collection, along with this dress from the Fall 2004 RTW collection. She also wore an amazing dusky purple coloured gown to the Metropolitan Gala thing in NY recently that I adore and I wish I could own...

Attachments

• Stella_McCartney___Fall_2004_RTW.jpg
    Stella_McCartney___Fall_2004_RTW.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 8
her shoes are uncomfy for me, and I don't think they have good quality.

Originally posted by Incroyable@Jun 28th, 2004 - 12:52 pm
I have seen some Stella McCartney shoes, and they had leather soles.
Nope, she doesn't use leather. Period.

Aren't her shoes kind of granny looking?

Not at all.

Here are some examples from prior collections (and current) that I loved...

ac46896b.jpg

-

Stella_McCartney_-_Pink_Jersey_Patent_Sling_Back.jpg

:( I was on Robertson during the day of the sale but didn't stop at her shop..I wanted this one shoe of hers too.

i tried on a pair at saks the other day...they looked good on the shelf...but the way they were cut...the front dug into my foot...i had them on for less than 5 min and when i took them off...there was a deep red mark on both my feet...

i guess that's why they were still there...completely impossible and not cute to see your foot squishing out of a shoe... :wacko: :lol:

Originally posted by AniexDaffodil@Jun 27 2004, 02:55 PM
[snapback]298309[/snapback]​

No not really. Plastic shoes make feet stinky because they don't allow the skin to breath.

My friend had a pair and they broke after 4 times wearing them.

I dont see them as good quality shoes especiallt for the price she sells them at.

If she is vegan, does that mean she doesn't use silk fabrics either?

Those poor silk worms that are raised in farms just to make silk. So sad :cry:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msflair
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->