Steven Alan Sample Sale

faust

Reaction score
Fellow NYCers (and visitors), I just got an email from Steven Alan about an upcoming sample sale, so I thought I'd share.

The sale will be on May 20th, 21st, 22nd in his Tribeca boutique.

They have some cool stuff for women and men- the selection resembles Barneys Co-op (not really my cup of tea, but pretty cool regardless). They do carry a fair selection of Margiela 6 line for women and CDG shirt and Watanabe for men...

Steven Alan

THANKS faust!!... :flower:

i feel like there are a lot fewer samples sales this season...i haven't been to one spring sample sale yet.... :unsure:

Originally posted by softgrey@Apr 26th, 2004 - 3:51 pm

i feel like there are a lot fewer samples sales this season...i haven't been to one spring sample sale yet.... :unsure:
I read an interesting article on sample sales a while back. With the internet sample sale informing websites popping up, + everyone and their mother "i want to look like a celebrity" recent culture phenomenon, sample sales became much more crowded and much less inexpensive, and therefore much less pleasant. I used to go to STAFF USA sample sale each season, but I stopped about two years ago - it's just not worth it anymore. My best experience was T.S.E. sample sale a while ago, nothing for clothes, but all these beautiful women changing right there for the lack of a dressing romm :shock: :lol:

Originally posted by faust+Apr 26th, 2004 - 3:59 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(faust @ Apr 26th, 2004 - 3:59 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-softgrey@Apr 26th, 2004 - 3:51 pm

I read an interesting article on sample sales a while back. With the internet sample sale informing websites popping up, + everyone and their mother "i want to look like a celebrity" recent culture phenomenon, sample sales became much more crowded and much less inexpensive, and therefore much less pleasant. I used to go to STAFF USA sample sale each season, but I stopped about two years ago - it's just not worth it anymore. My best experience was T.S.E. sample sale a while ago, nothing for clothes, but all these beautiful women changing right there for the lack of a dressing romm :shock: :lol: [/b][/quote]
:blush: one of them might have been me... :unsure: not that i'm saying i'm beautiful...but i've been known to lose my mind at a TSE sample sale... :ninja:

Thanks Faust!

I haven't even been to Steven Alan since the Tribeca location opened... :blush: Very bad girl. I avoid sample sales but will add this to my calendar.

I've been a few sample sales in my time and honestly, I never understood the hype. The Barneys sale has been so lame the last few years that I didn't even bother going this past February. Same goes for Staff.

I think you can find much better deals and items if you make rounds at Seven, Jeffrey, and Barneys at the end of each season.

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Apr 26th, 2004 - 6:44 pm
I've been a few sample sales in my time and honestly, I never understood the hype. The Barneys sale has been so lame the last few years that I didn't even bother going this past February. Same goes for Staff.

I think you can find much better deals and items if you make rounds at Seven, Jeffrey, and Barneys at the end of each season.
it's really hit or miss and depends on the sale..i've gotten some ridiculous bargains...but then again...sometimes i do better at the end of the season sales...as you said...you just never can tell... :flower:

steven alan is usually pretty good, but the sizes are pretty small...

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Apr 26th, 2004 - 6:44 pm

same here

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UndercoverFW06
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->