Steven Meisel - Photographer

Vogue Italia June 1996

Bluejean Baby

Photography: Steven Meisel
Styling: Lori Goldstein
Hair: Jimmy Paul
Makeup: James Kaliardos
Models: Shirley Mallmann, Esther de Jong, Christina Kruse, Elsa Benitez and ??

my scans

Some very interesting posts from Steven Meisel's vault today. A scrapped Miu Miu campaign, perhaps? It's very Gucci by Michele in aesthetic, makes me wonder how that collaboration might have turned out.

Some very interesting posts from Steven Meisel's vault today. A scrapped Miu Miu campaign, perhaps? It's very Gucci by Michele.

Oh wow, judging by the other photos he posted from this photoshoot, it seems like it was a scrapped Miu Miu Spring/Summer 2016 ad. Since it has 2/4 of the same actresses from the campaign in these pictures. Anya Taylor Joy was even in it, what a missed opportunity. Such a shame because these photos he's posting definitely beat the official ad campaign.

One of the reasons the brand might have scrapped it might have due to the subjects being portrayed as underaged school girls. This could have caused some controversy, since the Miu Miu Spring/Summer 2015 ad with Mia Goth by Meisel, got banned in the UK for a similar reason.

Now looking back that 1996 June ed is pure Bill King style.

Now looking back that 1996 June ed is pure Bill King style.
From april '96 to July from that year Steven had a brief Bill King era!

^^ I don't understand. Anya Taylor Joy worked with him? I can't see the IG post.

^^ I don't understand. Anya Taylor Joy worked with him? I can't see the IG post.

Yes, indeed. You should be able to see the images from the scrapped campaign on his official Instagram, I'm not sure why the IG link I posted isn't working.

Still dumbfounded as to why he has never released a tome— or 10, of his body of work. Why he hasn't/won’t release a volume similar to Gisele’s tome is simply mind-boggling.

Never been a fan of Linda, so a book devoted to just her is an easy pass; and at under 300 pages, seems lacking. And although the concept of his SEX offering was a nice piece of pop art, the content was really hit and miss: It’s not his best work.

He may have an ego-- and frankly, he's earned it, but he sure is humble when it comes to preserving and showcasing his incredible body of work.

The top two are Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins from the Foo Fighters.

Never would have guessed it if my life depended on it. They look like teenagers. Such a fun shot: Looks like they're struggling to lift a 600lb woman..

Steven worked a lot with Amber, Raquel, Stella, Naomi, Guinevere, Sasha and Carolyn. Each deserves a book!

Still dumbfounded as to why he has never released a tome— or 10, of his body of work. Why he hasn't/won’t release a volume similar to Gisele’s tome is simply mind-boggling.

Never been a fan of Linda, so a book devoted to just her is an easy pass; and at under 300 pages, seems lacking. And although the concept of his SEX offering was a nice piece of pop art, the content was really hit and miss: It’s not his best work.

He may have an ego-- and frankly, he's earned it, but he sure is humble when it comes to preserving and showcasing his incredible body of work.

Never would have guessed it if my life depended on it. They look like teenagers. Such a fun shot: Looks like they're struggling to lift a 600lb woman..
like all great artists he lets the work stand for itself and have a life of its own instead of releasing a book.

copycat of whom?

Avedon mostly for his studio shoots... but he has referenced other photographers too such as Penn, Chris von Wangenheim, Guy Bourdin, John Rawlings... the list goes on

Avedon mostly for his studio shoots... but he has referenced other photographers too such as Penn, Chris von Wangenheim, Guy Bourdin, John Rawlings... the list goes on
oh i disagree, he's very original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moddydoo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->