Steven Meisel - Photographer

Meisel is going to be the new creative director of Vogue Brazil! Tamara is no longer!!!!
πŸ™πŸ½πŸ™πŸ½πŸ™πŸ½πŸ™πŸ½

can anyone share or identify the original editorial?

106804202_1_x.jpg

liveauctioneers.com

can anyone share or identify the original editorial?

106804202_1_x.jpg

liveauctioneers.com

Not an editorial, but one of the images made in 1987 for Azzedine Alaia's unpublished book. Apparently Azzedine thought it offensive of Meisel to put his dresses on men and the images were not well received. The images did appear in some other publications throughout the years, for example I am positive that several images appear in the first issue of Joe McKenna's magazine, Joe's.

Not an editorial, but one of the images made in 1987 for Azzedine Alaia's unpublished book. Apparently Azzedine thought it offensive of Meisel to put his dresses on men and the images were not well received. The images did appear in some other publications throughout the years, for example I am positive that several images appear in the first issue of Joe McKenna's magazine, Joe's.
that's interesting, what a loser azzedine was, don't get why he was so loved. do you know the models' names?

Couldn't remember where I saved this, but here are the only other shots of Kurt and John that I've seen. The rest of the published images from that session are usually of Sean Bohary. This is from The Face June 1990 issue.
Not sure where I sourced it, but it looks like old VFiles scans.

03.jpg

Couldn't remember where I saved this, but here are the only other shots of Kurt and John that I've seen. The rest of the published images from that session are usually of Sean Bohary. This is from The Face June 1990 issue.

View attachment 1243797
thank you, these pictures are really cool and sexy, unlike the eunuch photography that stands as "androgyny" today.

View attachment 1243797
I really miss the old VFiles! All those vintage magazine pictures, it was such a treasure trove of imagery! Does anyone know why it stopped? During the pandemic the website changed to being the "VFiles Foundation" and became....nothing??? No scans, just...nothing.

girl you better regret talking like that about Azzedine. show some respect
no.
I really miss the old VFiles! All those vintage magazine pictures, it was such a treasure trove of imagery! Does anyone know why it stopped? During the pandemic the website changed to being the "VFiles Foundation" and became....nothing??? No scans, just...nothing.
I remember that!

Alaia was a loser? This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard on this forum since I registered in 2007.......He was the only designer who has the guts to f**k Anna Wintour! Do you know who is Anna Wintour?
yes, a racist, talentless corporate stooge that has governed Vogue for 40 years.

Has anyone bought the Meisel's photobook shot by Linda? Is the work great as usual? I am wanting go buy it even though it's a little bit too late

Doesn’t Steven really like working with Kate Moss? It’s been 20 years or so, since he photographed Kate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fabs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->