Stores / Websites with the Best Customer Service

Feline

rock-chic
Reaction score
I know we have a thread for worst customer service, but searched and couldn't find one for best. (If there is, please merge)

I was really impressed by the two girls in Principles, York. I had seen some skinny leather trousers in Marie-Claire from Principles and went in to ask when they would be in stock. They rang the press office and head office & they will be in the shops and on-line mid-October. They also took my phone number, and said if they don't get them in the York shop, they will order me some. They will get an 8 & a 10 as I'm not sure which will be best fit. Thank you so much - that was really good customer service & very much appreciated :heart:

Since it often feels that the number of stores with bad customer service outweighs those with great customer service, I'm inclined to remember the exceptionally positive experiences I've had while shopping. Saying this makes me feel sad, since employees should always treat their customers with respect, but at least there are some people out there who make you feel welcome.

One example is Hawaiian Moon (appropriately located in Hawaii), a store selling traditional Hawaiian clothing. I was in search for the perfect floral dress (nothing screams "I just went to Hawaii!" better than that), and so far hadn't had much luck.

So I entered the store, not really sure what to expect, when the one employee working at the time greeted me with a friendly smile and "aloha." After picking out two dresses that caught my eye, I was asked to try them on to see how they'd look. She gave me advice on how traditional Hawaiian dresses are intended to fit, and I ended up putting both dresses back and finding a different size, which I later purchased.

My mother also bought a dress at the same store, but since she had only tried on one size wasn't sure if the fit was right. So we decided to return the next day to find a smaller size, only to be greeted again by the same employee! This time she had someone else working alongside her, luckily.

We explained the problem, which she was happy to help with, and she agreed that the smaller size looked much better. Afterwards, my mother mentioned that she'd like to find a shirt for my dad, and the employee immediately found one in a matching print.

All in all, a fantastic experience that one only dreams of nowadays. I only wish I could remember her name so I wouldn't have to keep referring to her as "the employee"! And yes, I do believe I wrote more than I needed to (what's new?).

I love Saks Fifth, Neiman Marcus, Nordstroms, Bloomingdales, and theres more but cant think of them at the moment.

TOPSHOP! Sent me a free gift for reviewing products I had purchased on their website. I was not expecting that, and thought it was a classy gesture.

The new Victoria's Secret store in London (Bond Street) has great staff - it was so so busy but the staff still found time to be friendly and attentive without being overbearing. The fitting rooms there are a great experience; you can take in as much as you want and you get introduced to your personal helper when you go in, who are genuinely helpful giving you advice and getting alternate sizes.

I think it generally depends on your relationship with the SA... however, having said that Prada on Old Bond has the best service in the world ! And the Louis Vuitton on New Bond has relatively good service but it's always so busy !

I was very pleased with my experience at the new Lanvin store here in Chicago. Me and my boyfriend went in ten minutes before closing (I fought him the whole way there because I used to work retail and I told him nothing was more annoying that having people stay after the store closed but he's stubborn). Anyways when we came in we were looking around the first floor and it was completely empty. The Sales Associate (her name was Dominiquea I think?) was so sweet and polite and even recognized my boyfriends Lanvin tie from like two years ago. She gave us a little tour of all three floors of the place including the bridal and children's departments and really was just so sweet the whole time. I just thought it was really nice that she showed us around even after they had closed when most stores just kick you out. So anybody in Chicago should look for her when they go to Lanvin, she's a total sweetheart.

Hong Kong: Hermès Central and Roger Dubuis 1881.

Temperley in London were very kind and welcoming to me and my boyfriend when we visited. I was about 20 and not on a big budget but they were so friendly.

Even better, I made this comment on their Facebook page a little while after, and they thanked me by sending me a beautiful gift wrapped scarf and scented candle.

I shall remember them one day if I am choosing a wedding dress, I would be happy for them to have my money :smile:
Posted via Mobile Device

Farfetch.com, they refunded my shipping when I found a coupon shortly after ordering.

Any dealings I've had with Illamasqua have been extremely pleasant, emails are replied to almost immediately and the staff instore are very helpful without being making it obvious that they're just looking to make a sale(Benefit, I'm looking at you...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alice730
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->