Straightening / Flat Irons

I recommend a Chi ceramic straightener. They are $129... but are BY FAR the best. If you're looking for one a little cheaper that works really well too...
I'd suggest a Vidal Sassoon ceramic straightener from Target $29 or maybe a Hot Tools ceramic straightener for $49

Oh please don't use hot tools! I would say go with the Chi ceramic straightener, but if that's over your budget, I would get the Helen of Troy ceramic straightener. You can get a variety of widths depending on the length of your hair, and you can find them at any beauty supply store.

Hot Tools and Helen of Troy both suck I think. I have gone through probably 20 of those things... all different kinds. The Hot Tools ceramic one I got this last time lasted me the longest of the two brands. I got tired of them breaking and not heating up one random day, so I went ahead and bought a Chi. Also a GHD Straightener is really good I hear.. it's in the 80-90 range. GOOD LUCK!

How much does a CHI cost? And where can i buy one? (Don't live in the states,am in sweden) :innocent:

If you get a straightener, ALWAYS use a protective spray on your hair first.
I like GHD the best.

I use Helen of Troy Gold Series or whatever it is- it works, but to straighten my hair, I have to use this d-curl stuff, balm, then blow it, then put it in rollers, then blow again, then the flat iron- it's more of a finishing product...

I don't like the Chi ceramic straightener. I have thick, long, extremely curly hair, and it takes at least an hour and a half to go over it with that thing because it's so tiny. It does work very well; however, I found that the Revlon ceramic works just as well and takes less time since it is larger and has bit more weight in it to take out the evil dread curls I have. :argg:

im in love with my solano saphire. ive tried probubly 10 different straighters and i keep coming back to my saphire. even the chi, which has had great reviews, doesnt leave my hair silky and healthy feeling like a saphire. it felt greasier with the chi, when my friend and i tested half head saphire, half head chi.

http://www.folica.com/flat_irons.htm has a GREAT selection.

what kind of hair protectant treatment do you recommend pre-straigtening?

by the way, i just got my hair straightened with a ceramic iron for the first time and it makes your hair feel sooo much better than a plain old metal one (I have the old black and gold hot tools that worked well for a while, than gave my hair the crisps!). definitely invest in ceramic!

I have very frizzy wavy Asian hair and I got a Japanese Thermal Reconditioning Straight perm but it has all grown out. I'm back to my normal mess of hair! My Hot Tools straightener is on the brinkz and I'm looking for a 1 inch ceramic straightener. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A GOOD ONE THAT WILL KEEP YOUR HAIR PERFECT EVEN THROUGH A HOT & HUMID DAY?! :flower:

I have one that I think is called chi. In my experience the trick to really straight, not frizzy hair (even on a humid day) is to use a bit of balm or grooming cream before and after flat ironing. My favorite is the glossing creme by Frederik Fekai. Hope that helps :flower:

The brand is not as important as that it has gold plates and offers several levels of heat. Use iton the highest setting.

Chi is really good!!! it is by Farouk/Global Beauty Systems. Use with Sebastian Smoothing Groomer (found at salons) for excellent results.

Wigo is a good brand, it is available at ulta for $80... it kicks buttox! :smile:

there's a brand called Ga.Ma, might be a good choice too.

Hey all,so many people been recommending the Chi straightener.
I've tried to find it everywhere,but here (stockholm,sweden) the only one
i found is one called Gama.
But i wanna try out Chi :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
triplesilversilversilver
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->