Tao by Comme des garcons

brian

Reaction score
Tao Kurihara

tao kurihara was (is?) junya watanabe's assistant, and now she has her own label under comme des garçons. i can't find any information on her on the net at all...i have a japanese magazine that shows some pieces from her recent collection (all crocheted), and has photos from the runway presentation she held (i have no idea where) .... do any of you know where any photos online are??

this is the only photo from the collection i could find:

10324.jpg

i found a small blurb on the collection on vogueparis.com ...

Nouvelle ligne Comme des garçons

Une nouvelle ligne est née au sein de la maison Comme des Garçons, qui en comptait déjà une dizaine. En mars dernier, Tao Kurihara, assistante de Junya Watanabe, a en effet présenté sagriffe éponyme, toute en lingerie et petites tenues de jeunes filles. La maille et le crochet se mariaient aux pompons et aux corsets, apportant un joli souffle de candeur et d’innocence à des allures romantiques de jeunes femmes ingénues. Un succès à prévoir pour l’automne prochain !

(15 avril 2005)

thanks for that link, ngth... it's not necessarily totally about tao, but thank you... :smile:

It did not necessarily appear on a feminine outfit. The rose was used as an accessory as much on tailoring as on graceful dresses. Yet it also appeared in wool lace on the most womanly aspect of clothing: lingerie. Comme des Garçons introduced a new designer, Tao Kurihara, who produced her own label, inspired, for this season only, on lingerie. The results were charming knitted pieces. Naturally, a curvy top and shorts incorporated a rose.

web.0314FROSES9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
tricot Comme des Garcons used to be under Junya. and Junya handed it over to Tao Kurihara, born in 1973, an assistant there. since A/W 02, she has been the designer behind tricot. it seems that her father was involved in the launch of CDG.

runner said:
tricot Comme des Garcons used to be under Junya. and Junya handed it over to Tao Kurihara

i had no idea!! :woot:

i LOVE tricot... :heart:

This is all I could find in english so far on the net about this new line.....

Junya Watanabe is renowned for his avant-garde style; in particular, his exploration of new cutting concepts, his ingenious sourcing of fabrics and innovative draping techniques. Just as Watanabe was nurtured by Comme des Garcons, Watanabe has recently encouraged his own protégé to launch her own label under the umbrella Comme des Garcons label. Tao Kurihara, who had worked for Junya Watanabe since graduating from Central Saint Martin’s in 1997, presented her first collection at the Autumn/Winter ’05-6 collections in Paris during March 2005.

There is an article in the month's Dazed & Confused about this ne wline - it has pictures too....looks like lots of boiled wool corset type garments. Interesting to see how this develops.

I wonder if runner can help as there is a japanese website which seemed to have more info on this. Pretty please runner?:flower: :heart:

I just can find some small pics that they are from W and French Vogue

Vogue_1no.jpg

Vogue_2no.jpg

show1.jpg

from those few looks posted thanks to thomas
Tao seems to be represending a fresh attitude for the cdg 'group'

thanks Helena :flower:

from iht.com
web.0314FROSES9.jpg

It did not necessarily appear on a feminine outfit. The rose was used as an accessory as much on tailoring as on graceful dresses. Yet it also appeared in wool lace on the most womanly aspect of clothing: lingerie. Comme des Garçons introduced a new designer, Tao Kurihar, who produced her own label, inspired, for this season only, on lingerie. The results were charming knitted pieces. Naturally, a curvy top and shorts incorporated a rose.

Tao Kurihara, born in 1973, used to be an assistant to Junya for tricot Comme des Garcons (tricot was originally sort of Junya's casual line).
then he handed tricot over to her and she has been the designer behind tricot since A/W 02.

there are some pictures and her statement about the new line in the current issue of SO-EN.

01335-08-2005.JPG

Thanks Runner:-)

You are welcome, Brian. I have just noticed this:-)

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks runner - just merged this thread with one started by Brian last year! I just noticed it.... Thanks Brian too & sorry for not being more on the ball. LOL!

There was a very ncie article/interview with ehr in W awhile ago, may be I will scan it in. she seems very talented, i'm exited tos ee mroe from her.:heart:

one pic...

Attachments

• tao Comme des Garcons knitted Corset.jpg
    tao Comme des Garcons knitted Corset.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 82
i seriously adore the knit you posted here space :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionhill