Taralis named creative director of Cerruti

zamb

Reaction score
i read in wwd today that Nicolas Andreas Taralis was named as creative director of the italian house Cerruti. I tried posting but my scanner is giving problems .

if anyone has an online password maybe they can post the full article.

great story though, i hope he does well. and i hope the new owners dont treat him as how proctor ended up doing in theyskens

Im not familiar with Taralis work ... I just wish him best ... this can be a great platform for unknown designers, Armani started THERE!

excited to see the outcome.. wish him the best.. now we know that he wont be at dior homme..

ultramarine said:
Im not familiar with Taralis work ... I just wish him best ... this can be a great platform for unknown designers, Armani started THERE!

He was an assistant to Hedi Slimane, not sure which seasons he was with him for (luster, strip?). He has some fans here on tfs that I'm sure will be able to elaborate. His womenswear is quite good and similar to Hedi's aesthetic, a bit more savage than pristine.

I'm really excited about this position, something else to look forward to during Milan fashion week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, interesting news - thanks zamb!

Will he continue to design his current line as well?

ohlala, Nicolas was making hints to me saying that he would have exciting news at hand shortly, but that one I would have never thought about! I am happy for him because it will probably give him the financial support that he'd need for his own line to grow. On the other side, a little further spotlight will certainly not hurt.

I am not entirely sure though what I shall think of Cerruti... it's been down for a couple of years now without direction and me being of younger age, I only remember it as a classic Italian suitmaker that does "tasteful in beige". Ruffo would have probably been the nicest fit, it's sad that the Research project is no longer in existance.

i just hope it won't be as dull as.... ummm... Verri by Martijn Bal...

:woot: great news i had no idea, maybe i could try to find the wwd article
this boy is sure moving fast.. as for Cerruti they always kept a clean look which is nice, Nicolas will bring them some cool element

Lena said:
:woot: great news i had no idea, maybe i could try to find the wwd article
this boy is sure moving fast.. as for Cerruti they always kept a clean look which is nice, Nicolas will bring them some cool element

moving very very fast... indeed. Not too sure about this though, but really great a very young designer can take such a demanding role. Hope his up for it and wish him all the best....

who owns cerrutti now?...
anybody know?...

according to wwd private equity firm MatlinPatterson purchased it, i'm really looking forward to see what will happen under taralis...

I remember discussing with Nicolas what had happened with Helmut's audience and customer base and the concept of modernity... that's always been a topic that we were coming back towards and I feel like it might be something that he could investigate at Cerruti... very much about substantial, no-nonsense basics. That's just a suggestion, however. Nothing I could possibly confirm.

tricotineacetat said:
I remember discussing with Nicolas what had happened with Helmut's audience and customer base and the concept of modernity... that's always been a topic that we were coming back towards and I feel like it might be something that he could investigate at Cerruti... very much about substantial, no-nonsense basics. That's just a suggestion, however. Nothing I could possibly confirm.

That seems to be what is missing you know? There's certainly a void that Helmut left that needs to be filled, now of all times. I think if he gets it right it could be gold.

which reminds me...

He ultimately needs to do it without making it look like a Helmut Lang clone... People are expecting him to put his own stamp on that attitude, especially because he's a relative newcomer. He is still building up his own repertoire which is so far very much consistant and profound. Plus, how can't there be an audience for an impeccably cut moleskin coat or a neat pair of men's trousers? That's something that could fit just as well with Cerruti as it would with Helmut.

thx estella...

*so is he designing menswear or womens...or both?...

well at least we can rule him out from the Hedi Slimane sucessor...if hedi leaves.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loquillinben
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->