Cerruti to Close Women's Business

liberty33r1b

Reaction score
source: WWD

Following its purchase by the Li & Fung group in December, Cerruti is suspending its women’s wear activities to focus on the men’s business, chief executive officer Florent Perrichon said on the sidelines of the brand’s autumn-winter show Friday. “We prefer not to spread ourselves too thin in a field that is highly competitive,” he explained, adding that creative director for women’s wear Richard Nicoll would present his third and final collection for the house in March, in a format that has yet to be determined.

A string of young French actors showed up to support the first men’s outing by designer duo Sachiko Okada and Aaron Sharif of label Blaak. “All the ingredients are there for a winning formula,” said Julian Cerruti, son of founder Nino Cerruti. Paolo Roversi was philosophical about the changes at the brand, which has gone through a series of owners in the decade since Nino Cerruti left. Roversi, who defined the look of the label in the Eighties, sought to recapture that spirit in the new spring-summer advertising campaign he shot for the brand. “I pretended Nino was still there,” he said.

http://www.wwd.com/fashion-news/cerruti-to-close-womens-business-3439226?src=nl/newsAlert/20110121-1

this is really sad....i have long admired Cerruti, especially when Narciso Rodriguez was still working there.....also, Richard Nicoll did a pretty good job the last few seasons....quite surprising decision, no?....:(

Last edited by a moderator:
No surprise at all. Cerruti is known for their menswear and that's what Li & Fung bought them for. I was actually expecting this considering the new owners, more changes to the men's line are probably in store, and they probably won't be good ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->