Teach me your language I teach you mine

WOW Pashen'ka!! :woot: That was all so detailed!! Grazie :flower:!! I love this thread..... ^_^

Grazie,e` molto gentile.:flower:

aquarius_21 said:
No I don't, unfortunately :(. But I'd love to learn :woot:!! I only know tiny, tiny snippets of some languages..... :innocent:

There's this thing in Japanese that I love saying: kare wa atsugatte iru (it means, 'he is hot' :blush: :lol:).

:lol:

aquarius_21 said:
No I don't, unfortunately :(. But I'd love to learn :woot:!! I only know tiny, tiny snippets of some languages..... :innocent:

There's this thing in Japanese that I love saying: kare wa atsugatte iru (it means, 'he is hot' :blush: :lol:).

There you beat me, in japanese I only know "Domo arigato", "Konnichi wa" and "Banzai!" :lol: :blush:

:flower:

aquarius_21 said:
WOW Pashen'ka!! :woot: That was all so detailed!! Grazie :flower:!! I love this thread..... ^_^

I'm glad you liked that! ^_^
I felt like putting some explanations, as our expressions can be pretty weird by themselves, as you may have noticed...:blush: :lol:

KaE-YU and Pashen'ka, domo-arigato, merci beaucoup, grazie, danke, etc, etc!! I'm glad you liked my little phrase ^_^!! Though, you should hear me say it - everyone thinks I sound like a Japanese cartoon character :lol:!!

KaE-YU, I couldn't read what you wrote (it just came up as squares) :(.

I so love this thread :heart:

Hm.. well it looks like everyone can speak English here. How about I put some other words we use in America (or at least in Louisiana... where I live:(

Hello: Hey (I don't know anyone who says "hello" :huh:)
Love: Heart (Although I say love... but when I right it out I draw a :heart:)
Cool: Rad (I'm the only one I know who says this though haha), awesome, sweetness (I really can't stand this but I know allot of people who say it), hot (I don't like it because it reminds me of Paris Hilton :doh:)
You all: Y'all (I really hate this word though. I say you guys or you all.)

more bulgarian:smile:
5. Smile - usmivka - усмивка
6. Beautiful - krasivo - красиво
7.friend - priatel - приятел
8. Umbrella - chadar - чадър
9. Please - molia - моля
10. Thankyou - blagodaria - благодаря

Pashen'ka said:
:woot: Perfect phrase! Do you speak italian? :flower:

I learned some phrases in phrase book...:blush:

aquarius_21 said:
KaE-YU, I couldn't read what you wrote (it just came up as squares) :(.

Grazie,e` molto gentile. it means :Thank you for your kindness.:unsure:
is this right?

^ I wouldn't have a clue, they're still squares!! But thanks for interpreting it for me!! :flower:

Pashen'ka said:
I wrote about italian dialects, and I think it could be fun to add a few words/expressions in the dialect of my town (we do have some funny expressions, as you'll see :lol: ). Just a few infos first of all:

i loove this ..thank you sooo much for the clearing part..now i cant talk(will a bit)both accents..if am goin to start something like dis..i wont finish...in the middle east we have alot of accents..maybe like 29 countries and their accents:S

well....anybody who is into arabic or want me to translate something..just go ahead am here^_^ :blush:

aquarius_21 said:
^ I wouldn't have a clue, they're still squares!! But thanks for interpreting it for me!! :flower:

oops, sorry:blush:
Grazie, e`molto gentile. will this do?

larien said:
Hello —merhaba
Good morning —günaydın
Good evening —iyi akşamlar .
goodbye-güle güle
Thank you _teşekkürler
Welcome - hoşgeldiniz
how are you?-nasılsın?
fashion-moda
model_manken
designer_modacı
i love you-seni seviyorum!
(turkish)

i speak turkish too... and i'm from turkey... nice to see a fellow turkish girl in the forum...

and to add to larien's post:

skirt- etek
shoe- ayakkabi
socks- corap
trousers- pantalon
dress- elbise

fashionbutterfly said:
how do i pronounce this word tess?

Sorry, didnt seen your post until now...

Its very difficult to explane how you pronounce it, but I`ll try my best:P

Norwegian word for Love = Kjærlighet

Kj- say it long down in your throuht, Its like saying the first Ch-sound in chocolate, only you say it further down your throut.

(In Norway we have three more letters in our alphabet after z :æøå)

æ- If you say Hai very "cool" (not) and shallow the a will almoust sounds like the norwegian æ

r- is almoust the same as english

l- say it on the tip of your tongue

ihet - same as english, but remember to hold the e (you also pronounce that letter like this: eh!) a little bitt longer:D

So then... Kjaaerligheet :P try!

KaE-YU said:
I learned some phrases in phrase book...:blush:

Grazie,e` molto gentile. it means :Thank you for your kindness.:unsure:
is this right?

Yep! :wink:

It means "Thanks, you're very kind" and the only thing I should add is that the phrase is a bit formal, using as it does the 3rd person singular (it's the same as using the "Vous" in french), while in informal talks we use the 2nd person, therefore the phrase would be "Grazie, SEI molto gentile" :wink: :flower: :flower: :flower:

fashionbutterfly said:
i loove this ..thank you sooo much for the clearing part..now i cant talk(will a bit)both accents..if am goin to start something like dis..i wont finish...in the middle east we have alot of accents..maybe like 29 countries and their accents:S

well....anybody who is into arabic or want me to translate something..just go ahead am here^_^ :blush:

I'm really glad you liked my post! And once again thanks for this BRILLIANT thread!!! ^_^ :wink: :flower: :flower: :flower:

Hey, I would love to post in this thread..... but spring of my inspiration ran dry :unsure:...tell me, what should I translate in Czech? :rolleyes::D

^ Rohlik, knedlik & pochitach are my favourite. :P (I know it's pocitac with those ticks above the c's though)..:P

twilight fairy said:
^ Rohlik, knedlik & pochitach are my favourite. :P (I know it's pocitac with those ticks above the c's though)..:P
:buzz::buzz::buzz: Wow! Hehehe LOL how do you know those? Well done! :lol: Yeah, I love knedlík too! :lol::flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->