Tess Giberson S/s 2005

too much...a t shirt with some stitching is over $300...a skirt might be $500-$600...
far too much...but the fabics are lovely...

prices have just gone nutty...

Originally posted by helena@Nov 19 2004, 06:36 AM
what kind of prices are her clothes? a skirt for example - how much would that cost?
[snapback]438106[/snapback]​
about $700 for this skirt (jacket $1300, t-shirt $400)

ade06.jpg

Originally posted by softgrey@Nov 20 2004, 12:02 AM
too much...a t shirt with some stitching is over $300...a skirt might be $500-$600...
far too much...but the fabics are lovely...

prices have just gone nutty...
[snapback]438338[/snapback]​

Well,t'shirts have to be made well too. I think her work even for the most simple pieces are of the highest quality. Good fabrics,good cutting,a great seam work. And the hand work is an addition to that as she spends days doing it to almost every single piece after the production process. The prices are also set like that because she does small collections or capsules. The prices,imho,may seem steep but in her case its definitely worth it. Because,in the end,these pieces will ultimately last you lifetime. Like heirloom clothes.

Runner,that outfit is from her second collection. Spring 02. Entitled: "Daughters of the Revolution". Brilliant collection.

scott...that's all true...the fabric, cutting and handstitching...but the seams are unfinished and a white t-shirt will never last more than a season as it always turns grey or gets stained...so it's really outrageous...

i say buy a t shirt at the gap or j crew ...

the other stuff is still very high...i understand why it's like that...but it makes it harder to sell... i think it's the same for veronique branquinho...the designs are very quiet so people don't see the justification in paying such a high price...

a perfect, well-tailored garment doesn't jump off the rack and scream buy me the way galliano and dolce does... i might buy it for 1/2 the price...

Originally posted by Scott@Nov 20 2004, 12:54 PM
Runner,that outfit is from her second collection. Spring 02. Entitled: "Daughters of the Revolution". Brilliant collection.
[snapback]438631[/snapback]​
this is reposting, since all the posts around Monday seem to have gone.

yes Scott, it's from Adelaide.

btw, here is the site of TV personality Marina Watanabe who sometimes wears TG pieces.
you can check the outfit on each program.

http://www.marina-watanabe.com/contents/ba.../f-backsty.html
http://www.marina-watanabe.com/contents/ba...ck-style02.html
http://www.marina-watanabe.com/contents/ba...k-style_01.html

another example from Scott's favorite store, Desperado.

handstitched skirt about $1000, top $500

z01.jpg

Aww,Runner,she's adorable!

Was it my eyes,or on the listing of everything she's worn,she was wearing a Dirk Van Saene? Its the one with the trompe l'oeil ribbon.

Anyway,I really love her mark-making style. Kind of like Jurgi and his childish,nervous stitch work.

which one Scott?

for Spacemiu
t Junya Watanabe man pink
pants JW man pink
shoes Zucca

s-337.jpg

top, skirt mina
boots Angelo Figus

s-215.jpg

top Lutz
boots Veronique Branquinho

s-176.jpg

dress (?) Lutz
boots Undercover

s-314.jpg

Oh runner her style is so cute :heart: I lvoe it

it's so neet that tv stars in Japan wear this clothing.

Its kind of at the bottom of the page. It looks like denim and a silvery ribbon....

That dress you posted does indeed look like something from Lutz. That or maybe Toga??

this? it says "top vintage, jeans 501".

s-271.jpg

pants TG

s-332.jpg

top TG

s-287.jpg

thanks runner...i really like the tg pieces she's wearing...although i have issues with some other things...like her hair and footwear... :huh: :ermm: :innocent:

does anyone know where stocks Tess giberson in London? I'd like to see this in real life.

You know Helena,I haven't a clue if any London shops has Tess yet. I know Colette in Paris has her stuff...but other than that Japan seems to be the only place that's taken a liking to her work.

I love this collection, one of my favorites by her.
and the photography is so great...Feels spacey and strange

thnaks scott. Thats a pity! There are so many good labels I can't even see in this country- Limi/Trace/Giberson/Marjorie van whatsername

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->